Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is #1?
Philadelphia 146 58.17%
Pittsburgh 105 41.83%
Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,533,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
But I am not saying that they can't be compared because of the type of city they are. When you get all of these posts saying "you can't compare the two cities because they are so different." That's just stupid.
i agree! every city has its own style & character. that's what maked the world great.

who wants to Manchester, UK and find out its exactly like Tokyo, or Florence or whatever

Old 07-09-2010, 05:58 PM

1,994 posts, read 5,828,209 times
obviously Philly

Old 07-09-2010, 06:15 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,893,103 times
Such deep analysis Boston14!! really an eye opener...think you could be a little more specific???

Old 07-09-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Such deep analysis Boston14!! really an eye opener...think you could be a little more specific???
Fine then, I choose Philly in my own prospective because I like big cities and Philly is a larger city than Pittsburgh. Also Philly is close to alot of Major cities like NYC, and D.C. Philly has a very vibrant feel to it and is very dense, Which I like and I like the Eagles and better than the steelers

Old 07-09-2010, 08:06 PM

So ok - the bigger the better for you...so you like Philly even better than Boston...I mean Philly is the larger city right???

Old 07-09-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
So ok - the bigger the better for you...so you like Philly even better than Boston...I mean Philly is the larger city right???
I didnt say that

Old 07-09-2010, 10:23 PM

126 posts, read 304,395 times
agree to disagree blackbeauty. You like pittsburgh, he likes philly, let it be. I don't see why you always get so upset when people have different opinions than you. People have different likes and dislikes. He's not saying anything bad about pittsburgh, he's just saying he prefers philly over pittsburgh.

People have said that they preferred pittsburgh over philly, and you don't see me getting upset at them, making them explain why, trying to prove them wrong, or listing a bunch of crimes that happened in pittsburgh to make it look bad, or anything like that.
just stop because were just going in circles with the arguements

Old 07-09-2010, 10:26 PM

404 posts, read 595,545 times
Philly by a long shot.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsh View Post
agree to disagree blackbeauty. You like pittsburgh, he likes philly, let it be. I don't see why you always get so upset when people have different opinions than you. People have different likes and dislikes. He's not saying anything bad about pittsburgh, he's just saying he prefers philly over pittsburgh.

People have said that they preferred pittsburgh over philly, and you don't see me getting upset at them, making them explain why, trying to prove them wrong, or listing a bunch of crimes that happened in pittsburgh to make it look bad, or anything like that.
just stop because were just going in circles with the arguements
First I'm not upset...I could care-less because most people on CD are ignorant to Pittsburgh of Today....They really no nothing of the city beside what they read here on CD....

Not saying that Pittsburgh is better than Philly, not saying that at all....but just to say Philly wins holistically just because its the bigger city..is extremely vague and lacks context...if more people actually had first hand experience of Pittsburgh of 2010 I highly doubt Philly would be running away with this thing....

the lack of specifics as to how Philly is more Vibrant, and Better at everything other than saying its "Bigger" proves that people are ignorant about Pittsburgh they dont know this city....

Pittsburgh is extremely vibrant...while Pittsburgh only has 300k in population....it has the amenities of 600k-700k city that would put it up there with a Boston, Seattle, DC, Atlanta as far as amenities, the city and its surrounding burbs are so dense and close that its neighborhoods are so vibrant because people transverse them meaning people have no problem going from one side of town to the other....Philadelphia Center City is the only common ground for the region, you wont see West Philly residents going to North Philly to have lunch, Germantown people going to south Philly to shop....You have this all over Pittsburgh metro which makes the city much more vibrant than it's population would suggest.

Yes Philly is more diverse than Pitt as far as "Races" but that not always good thing, I'm glad Pittsburgh doesnt have a Spanish Ghetto as Kensington...Pittsburgh doesnt need a Kensington....The type of Diversity i wish for is where People from all backgrounds can live in any neighborhood amongst others and thrive...this is not in Philadelphia its more so in Pittsburgh than Philly...even with it's lessor diverse population....

Like i said people have proven to be ignorant about the Burgh...They really have no clue about what this city has become over the years...It really is thriving...

This thread alone prove how Underrated Pittsburgh is....

Old 07-10-2010, 08:19 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,237,559 times
If Pittsburgh is thriving so much then why is the city and even metro area still losing population?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City