Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 04:41 PM

644 posts, read 1,429,961 times

Advertisements

This is an awesomr thread.....someone already took mine but my alltime favorite neighborhood of alltime....lol is also Forest Hills Queens...I had the greatest experience living there for 5 years....it is truly a great place to live play and work....some of the best school in NYC are here.....Austin St isn't too bad either...

Austin St is great for eating shopping and playing

This is Queens Blvd the main artery

This is one of the busiest subway stops outside of the city (Manhattan) located in Forest Hills at 71st Continnental St
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:q...-2zAjuww3TaguA

Honorable mentions go to Virginia-Highland in Atlanta L5P in Atlanta and Clinton Hills in Brooklyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 05:35 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,391,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Well this isn't my favorite because there's not a lot going on there, but it is the nicest-looking neighborhood in my favorite city, St. Louis.

Lafayette Square:

Flickr Photo Download: Lafayette Square 02 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/neal1960/2755778967/sizes/m/in/photostream/ - broken link)

Flickr Photo Download: Lafayette Square 01 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/neal1960/2756611206/sizes/m/in/photostream/ - broken link)

Flickr Photo Download: Best face forward (http://www.flickr.com/photos/neal1960/3178447387/sizes/m/in/photostream/ - broken link)

Flickr Photo Download: Lafayette square painted ladies (http://www.flickr.com/photos/72737049@N00/2394302593/sizes/z/in/photostream/ - broken link)

Flickr Photo Download: April 02, 2010-2 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/senzenina/4526479648/sizes/z/in/photostream/ - broken link)

Flickr Photo Download: Painted Ladies (http://www.flickr.com/photos/neal1960/2752405911/sizes/z/in/photostream/ - broken link)

Flickr Photo Download: Lafayette Square (http://www.flickr.com/photos/josepha/3385801682/sizes/z/in/photostream/ - broken link)

wow Really nice!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:45 PM

195 posts, read 395,937 times
Ironbound Newark NJ
Forest Hill Newark NJ

Old 11-02-2010, 10:12 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -.- View Post
Its already starting to happen
i heard that the displaced in bush wick are the ones moving ridge wood not the actual yuppies.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
Nice, for sure. Problem is if you don't have $2,000,000 or more to drop down on a place, you get nothing. Baltimore is the hidden jewel of the Northeast, no doubt. New Yorkers would love Baltimore if they got to know it. Oh, and leave that NYC attitude behind.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:07 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,205,461 times
Both my favorite city and the cities I've been to and my top 6 favorite neighborhoods from them (that I visited or would love to check out):

DC (favorite): U Street/Cardozo, Shaw, Logan Circle, LeDroit Park, Adams Morgan, and Chinatown/Gallery Place.

New York City: East Village, Fort Greene, Flatiron District, Forest Hills, Upper West Side, and SoHo.

Los Angeles: Santa Monica, Venice, Historic Core, Culver City, Mid-Wilshire, and West Hollywood.

Baltimore: Mount Vernon, Fells Point, Roland Park, Midtown-Belvedere, Harbor East, and Bolton Hill.

Cities with neighborhoods I would love to check out:

Philadelphia: Cedar Park, Rittenhouse Square, Chestnut Hill, Powelton Village, Queen Village, and Old City.

Atlanta: Sweet Auburn, Inman Park, Midtown, Little Five Points, Buford Highway, and Virginia-Highland.

San Francisco: Mission District, SoMa, Union Square, Noe Valley, and North Beach.

Seattle: University District, Ballard, International District, Downtown, Queen Anne, and Capitol Hill.

Boston: North End, South End, Back Bay, Roxbury, Beacon Hill, and Downtown.

Chicago: Hyde Park, Lincoln Park, Wrigleyville, River North, South Loop, and Pilsen.

Old 09-05-2014, 12:20 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
I like eastern city neighborhoods. Southie, Boston. Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, Manayunk, Philly. Hampden, Baltimore. Lanier Heights, D.C. The Fan, Richmond. Also like neighborhoods in Pittsburgh, Chicago, Cincinatti, St. Louis, Denver, and San Fransisco. Basically any city with lots of nice row houses, town houses, brownstones, etc.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:43 PM

1,486 posts, read 292,425 times
I like Sea Cliff in SF as it is very beautiful. Also I like the Hollywood Hills area in LA.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:13 PM

10,743 posts, read 23,798,187 times
I got a whole list of favorites

Boston - North End for dining out, Cambridge for nightlife, and for a bit of grit with character and an array of choices for authentic ethnic dining East Boston.

Philadelphia - Society Hill is beautiful, charming, and cozy. The gayborhood in Philly is pretty fun, cool murals.

Manhattan - Upper East Side and Chinatown

Providence - Federal Hill has the most authentic old world feel of any Little Italy I've seen.

Atlanta - Midtown; what's not to love about this neighborhood with its own contemporary skyline a few blocks away from leafy streets with craftsman bungalows. Good nightlife around there too.

St. Louis - The Hill, I'm a sucker for Little Italy neighborhoods. Also Soulard, early 19h century historic charm with somewhat of a New Orleans feel.

Denver - Washington Park (Wash Park), beautiful park with nice gardens and mountain silhouettes on the horizon surrounded by very attractive and cute craftsman bungalows. One of the best selling points about Denver's neighborhoods are its very attractive city parks. The Commons/Confluence Parks are outstanding. It will be interesting to see what Highlands looks like in 5-10 years.

Los Angeles - So far Santa Monica, I love being near the ocean so it's the most attractive place for me. West Hollywood can be fun but only for a visit. I'm planning a trip to LA before the end of the year so I'm going to focus on exploring more neighborhoods there next time.

San Francisco - The Marina District, beautiful bay and bridge views. Chinatown is interesting, with a few million I'd head straight towards Russian Hill.

Seattle - West Seattle, the most beautiful neighborhood in Seattle with the best waterfront access, Alki Beach, and stellar skyline and mountain views, it's the whole panorama at Alki Point. I lived in Capital Hill in my 20's, good place to sew your wild oats and have a fun urban life. I left in 2005 and I've heard the neighborhood is going through a big turnover with rising rents, bars opening and closing, and new 4-6 story apartment cubes.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:17 AM

1,295 posts, read 2,508,755 times
D.C.---Adams-Morgan/Dupont Circle/Capitol Hill/Logan Circle/Georgetown
Northern Virginia----Del Ray/Old Town Alexandria/Shirlington
St.Louis---Lafayette Square/Tower Grove Park/Soulard/Forest Park-West End
Chicago----Gold Coast/Old Town/Boy's Town/Evanston
NYC----East Village/Upper West Side/Gramercy Park/Chelsea/SoHo
San Francisco----Sunset/Marina District/Russian Hill/The Haight/Castro
Bay Area---Sausalito/Tiburon
Omaha---Dundee/Old Market/Benson/Little Mexico (Southeast Omaha)
Baltimore----Federal Hill/Mt. Vernon Square/Bolton Hill
LA----Westwood
Charleston S.C.--whatever the historic district is called, it's breathtaking.

Last edited by smithy77; 09-06-2014 at 01:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City