Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 11:16 PM

6,558 posts, read 12,048,122 times

Advertisements

I just came across this article:

25 most dangerous neighborhoods 2010

The sad thing is Atlanta has 4 of them in the top 25, more than any other city. But at least now I really know where to avoid. #1 most dangerous neighborhood is West Lake in Chicago. I was kind of surprised not to see any Los Angeles neighborhoods (even Watts) up there, well not really surprised considering how things have really turned around there. I was however surprised that no Detroit neighborhoods were on that list, but that might be because crime is spread evenly throughout the city and not concentrated in one or few neighborhoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 11:21 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,409,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I just came across this article:

25 most dangerous neighborhoods 2010

The sad thing is Atlanta has 4 of them in the top 25, more than any other city. But at least now I really know where to avoid. #1 most dangerous neighborhood is West Lake in Chicago. I was kind of surprised not to see any Los Angeles neighborhoods (even Watts) up there, well not really surprised considering how things have really turned around there. I was however surprised that no Detroit neighborhoods were on that list, but that might be because crime is spread evenly throughout the city and not concentrated in one or few neighborhoods.
that list is the most bs ever.

you being suprised that no detroit areas are on their just show how bs the map is.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:35 PM

btw i just googles imaged the first area on the list which was area by lake ave in chicago.

what i find funny is more than half that area is industrial with no civilization while the rest of it is 95 percent new housing just built LOL while only one street in that entire area actually looks ghetto(washington blvd).

so im guessing the small area of all these new condo homes and new developments became trash the instant minute they were finished being built?

lol walletpop is hillarious. even last year they put harlem as number 18. 125 street to be exact(shopping strip) meanwhile in reality harlem is not even close to being the most rough spot in nyc. maybe back in the day but now? hahah a big joke

Old 10-05-2010, 12:01 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,394,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
that list is the most bs ever.

you being suprised that no detroit areas are on their just show how bs the map is.
removed by moderator - please do not discuss other posters.

anyway what he says has some truth to it. Most city's crime are usually concentrated in one neighborhood/area (or certain projects) but Detroit crime is widespread. Not in one area and we really don't have projects on the scale of those that were in many cities like NY, Chicago, New Orleans, Miami etc

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 10-05-2010 at 08:08 AM..

Old 10-05-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
btw i just googles imaged the first area on the list which was area by lake ave in chicago.

what i find funny is more than half that area is industrial with no civilization while the rest of it is 95 percent new housing just built LOL while only one street in that entire area actually looks ghetto(washington blvd).

so im guessing the small area of all these new condo homes and new developments became trash the instant minute they were finished being built?

lol walletpop is hillarious. even last year they put harlem as number 18. 125 street to be exact(shopping strip) meanwhile in reality harlem is not even close to being the most rough spot in nyc. maybe back in the day but now? hahah a big joke
trust its the people that makes a place "ghetto". Even our avg projects look like nice little condos to those who don't about them. Its the people not the place

Old 10-05-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
trust its the people that makes a place "ghetto". Even our avg projects look like nice little condos to those who don't about them. Its the people not the place
na im not talking about projects that look nice. im speaking about really new developments and condos being built. if you look at the google images you can see the signs that say new condos/developments.

a brand new built area doesn't go downhill the moment its built. it usually takes a few years before it can really turn crap. then again thats how i view it.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
na im not talking about projects that look nice. im speaking about really new developments and condos being built. if you look at the google images you can see the signs that say new condos/developments.

a brand new built area doesn't go downhill the moment its built. it usually takes a few years before it can really turn crap. then again thats how i view it.
it still the people that make a neighborhood bad

I just mentioned projects as an example. Detroit projects are made like condos so I don't normally automatically associate condos with non ghetto people.....if that makes any sense lol

typical Detroit project

Last edited by detroitlove; 10-05-2010 at 12:49 AM..

Old 10-05-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
it still the people that make a neighborhood bad

I just mentioned projects as an example. Detroit projects are made like condos so I don't normally automatically associate condos with non ghetto people.....if that makes any sense lol
yea it makes sense but im talking about real condos though. not look alikes. and honestly i got up to number 5 on the list, and so far atl and one of the las vegas hoods do look creepy on the google maps.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
yea it makes sense but im talking about real condos though. not look alikes. and honestly i got up to number 5 on the list, and so far atl and one of the las vegas hoods do look creepy on the google maps.
I didn't even know Vegas had really tough hoods until I seen them on a couple of Gangland episodes. It kind of surprised me. I don't hear much about Vegas being a dangerous place. I'd still like to visit though.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:26 AM

531 posts, read 1,143,910 times
how the hell is gary, flint, camden, miami, stl. or NO not on that list?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City