Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 07:26 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,579,676 times

Advertisements

Easily (parts of) Chicago. Just walk in Streeterville; interracial relationships seem to be more common than same race ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 02:36 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,208,043 times
I have to say I've seen a lot of black female/white male and black female/Hispanic male couples in the LA area, at least in Pasadena and environs.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 4,122 times
I'm a black female who was born and off & on raised in Seattle. From the time I was allowed to date it was only white guys and I never had any major problems there. Other parts of my life I spent in Houston (13 years) and dated white, hispanic, and asian guys with no problems there as well. I'm in Dallas now, haven't dated anyone here, but do see that BW/WM couples are quite popular as well as accepted here. I'm considering heading back west though, possibly Cali this time! Also, up in Seattle my black aunt has been married to her white husband for nearly 15 years now with no issues that I'm aware of! I think lots of folks feel that there are far more important issues in the world (especially nowadays) to be concerned with than skin color.

Last edited by grlbhv; 12-08-2013 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 12-08-2013, 06:07 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grlbhv View Post
I'm a black female who was born and off & on raised in Seattle. From the time I was allowed to date it was only white guys and I never had any major problems there. Other parts of my life I spent in Houston (13 years) and dated white, hispanic, and asian guys with no problems there as well. I'm in Dallas now, haven't dated anyone here, but do see that BW/WM couples are quite popular as well as accepted here. I'm considering heading back west though, possibly Cali this time! Also, up in Seattle my black aunt has been married to her white husband for nearly 15 years now with no issues that I'm aware of! I think lots of folks feel that there are far more important issues in the world (especially nowadays) to be concerned with than skin color.

Amen.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:05 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,335,594 times
There have been so many threads on this particular issue that I'm starting to get the feeling that it's becoming a trend that people are encouraging.

The BM/BW combination is still a-okay, in case people were wondering.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:39 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,518,445 times
I also second Minneapolis, particularly Northeast Minneapolis, just about everyone there is multiracial.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:44 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,518,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
Easily (parts of) Chicago. Just walk in Streeterville; interracial relationships seem to be more common than same race ones.
Really? Interfaith couples (Jewish-Catholic), maybe, but I thought Oprah was the only black person in Streeterville. And even she's left town.

Rogers Park is by far the most integrated part of Chicago, but even there you don't see as many interracial couples compared to other cities where I have been (Minneapolis, the Upstate New York cities, everywhere in California).

Old 12-09-2013, 03:59 PM

574 posts, read 689,248 times
From my personal experience I would say the twin cities and to a lesser extent Chicago.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:20 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
There have been so many threads on this particular issue that I'm starting to get the feeling that it's becoming a trend that people are encouraging.

The BM/BW combination is still a-okay, in case people were wondering.
No, it's the media brainwashing people with this strong push for interracial dating. You see black women on TV downing the black men and saying black men ain't ****. You have all these Interracial dating people pushing their agenda. It's ridiculous. I have no issue with ID, but I do have a problem with the lack of support for black love. You never hear in the white community; them telling each other to dating outside of their race.

OK, rant over. Had to get that off my chest.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:18 PM

148 posts, read 312,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairobi View Post
there have been so many threads on this particular issue that i'm starting to get the feeling that it's becoming a trend that people are encouraging.

The bm/bw combination is still a-okay, in case people were wondering.
amen!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City