Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2012, 06:22 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,099,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
As somebody who's lived in both states...

Culture - Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania has more high culture than Georgia, plus more distinct cultural regions. Much of Georgia's culture can be categorized under the more broad umbrella of Southern culture.
I think that's a bit too much the Georgia Coast or the lowcountry is not like Northern Georgia's appalachia region, then the Atlanta region is different from the rest of the state. The rest of the state left is different from the 3 regions I just named.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 06:27 PM

254 posts, read 419,131 times
I hate Atlanta, I like the country that is 1-2 hours away from Atlanta. I love St Simons and Savannah. I dislike ghetto people, I dislike uneducated people. Which state has more or less of them?

Old 10-28-2012, 01:15 AM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJohn View Post
I am black myself. However, I accept that apart of my race's culture there are higher teen pregnancies (atlanta is the highest teen pregnancy city in the nation) there are more shootings, deaths, and violence. Now, do ALL black people participate in this savageness? Of course not, there is a nice Military woman I know who is black, very classy.
LOL! Hilarious.

Quote:
So no, I do not hate Atlanta because of black people. I have atlanta because of the high teen pregnancies, low incomes, ghettos, and the nature haters.
LOL at "nature haters." And sure Atlanta has its issues, but you probably don't even know that some of the wealthiest majority-Black neighborhoods in the country are in metro Atlanta. And Atlanta has torn practically all of its public housing projects down. It's just funny to me that you list these reasons as to why you hate Atlanta, but then go on to extol cities like Philly, Detroit, and Chicago which suffer from the same, or worse, issues. But then again, you probably don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Quote:
Please, explain the teen pregnancies and the low incomes-and explain why some people in Atlanta don't have gardens and like to grow their own vegtables?
What is your obsession with gardens? That's not common in most cities, so I have no clue why you're singling out Atlanta here.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:02 PM

1,567 posts, read 3,115,986 times
Pennsylvania in all ways except climate and coastline. (Except we basically claim the South Jersey coastline as our own and in fact South Jersey is part of the Philadelphia metro area - so I think we have a valid counter-argument there). So I guess just climate.

Also, Pennsylvania doesn't have that strange veneration of the Confederacy that a certain type of southerner adheres to.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:27 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times
Quote:
I am black myself. However, I accept that apart of my race's culture there are higher teen pregnancies (atlanta is the highest teen pregnancy city in the nation) there are more shootings, deaths, and violence. Now, do ALL black people participate in this savageness? Of course not, there is a nice Military woman I know who is black, very classy.

So no, I do not hate Atlanta because of black people. I have atlanta because of the high teen pregnancies, low incomes, ghettos, and the nature haters.
Yeah they got those thousands of Black college graduates from universities including the largest number of graduating black engineers in the nation at Ga tech. And they got that black CNN anchor person, the Mayor, Fire Chief, Police Chief, District attorney, school superintendent. A large number of black pilots at the airport, that nationally known black movie producer and oh yeah, then there's that one black woman in the military. Other than that, all ghetto savages

Old 11-05-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
LOL! Hilarious.

LOL at "nature haters." And sure Atlanta has its issues, but you probably don't even know that some of the wealthiest majority-Black neighborhoods in the country are in metro Atlanta. And Atlanta has torn practically all of its public housing projects down. It's just funny to me that you list these reasons as to why you hate Atlanta, but then go on to extol cities like Philly, Detroit, and Chicago which suffer from the same, or worse, issues. But then again, you probably don't have a clue what you're talking about.

What is your obsession with gardens? That's not common in most cities, so I have no clue why you're singling out Atlanta here.
Explain the teen pregnancies.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:28 PM

The style of parenting is also an issue, why do people always whoop their children? Up in PA, we talk to our children. My Mother, who I was born from in PA, never hit me, ever. My family members did, but she just talked to me. Down in Georgia, all I see in a ghetto town named "Thomaston" are kids begging God for help, because they failed on a math test? This just shows how uneducated people are in Georgia. Encourage the kids for the math test, not discourage them by whooping them.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:34 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,665 times
Quote:
Explain the teen pregnancies.
While high, Georgia's teen pregnancy rate compares with states like NY and Illinois. The difference in these rates wouldn't amount to a very noticable difference in your daily life.

50-State and National Comparisons | The National Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy -

Old 11-05-2012, 01:37 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,665 times
Quote:
The style of parenting is also an issue, why do people always whoop their children? Up in PA, we talk to our children. My Mother, who I was born from in PA, never hit me, ever. My family members did, but she just talked to me. Down in Georgia, all I see in a ghetto town named "Thomaston" are kids begging God for help, because they failed on a math test? This just shows how uneducated people are in Georgia. Encourage the kids for the math test, not discourage them by whooping them.
I have never spanked my boys, and there are plenty of very educated Georgians. You sound hollow and bitter.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
I have never spanked my boys, and there are plenty of very educated Georgians. You sound hollow and bitter.
Im not bitter, I just havn't met the best people here..My Mother's sister turned out to have came in our house, messing up everything in Windy Hill Rd in Smyrna.

There was a guy who my Mother dated who turned out to be a stalker.
And there was this woman named Sherry who turned out to be a bad person, who had multiple men, and had humiliated her 2 kids...Here's the thing, they all know where we lived. I live in a apartment, my Mom lives in a townhouse, she had to move 5 times in 2/1 years....It's just been alot of stress. Alot of jealous people..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City