Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 12:13 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,088,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
You say "the state of New Jersey", as if the entire state smells. It's funny. 99.999% of the state of NJ smells like grass, trees, flowers, farms, or the SEA BREEZE.

I can guarantee that more square mileage of NYC smells than NJ. NJ has 3 square miles of smellyness. That is IT.

And NYC is a "portion of YOUR state". A portion that smells horribly.
Me being from the bronx has nothing at all to do with it. I dont live in a part of the bronx that smells, and i couldnt even if i wanted too. Simply because theres no part of new york city that carries a general stench in the air. New jersey has miles and miles of just nasty stench. I dont know any part of this great country we call america where your literally attacked and engulfed by a stench.

In new york one block can stink the other could smell like cinnabunz. So you can escape the funk. Theres no place in the bronx or any other borough thats just plain funky in the air,the freaking atmosphere, as if a thousand skunks just died

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
You're STILL lying to prove a point.
You're STILL ignoring reality at all cost.
You're STILL trolling New Jersey hard body.
Go away.

The reality is that theres no place in all of 50 states that engulfs humans with funk like that.

Nobody is trolling. You go to the NYC forums waiting in the shadows ready to pounce on anything anti-jersey lol

Quick to say how people demean new jersey this that and the third. But jerseyans are quick to put down other places whenever theres a chance. Laughable. For instance the bronx. about stereotyping new jersey but quick to stereotype the bronx lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2010, 12:26 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,404,013 times
I thought we were talking about cities in the US? OK well then I'll nominate Tucson, then. It smells like Butt. I don't think Toilet Paper has been invented there yet or something.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:18 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
New jersey has miles and miles of just nasty stench. I dont know any part of this great country we call america where your literally attacked and engulfed by a stench.
You're still lying.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:55 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,892,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
You're still lying.

I think he just got confused by the odor of all the yankee fans schlepping down to see the World Series in Philly

Old 07-29-2010, 02:28 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,268,925 times
Quote:
Me being from the bronx has nothing at all to do with it. I dont live in a part of the bronx that smells, and i couldnt even if i wanted too. Simply because theres no part of new york city that carries a general stench in the air. New jersey has miles and miles of just nasty stench. I dont know any part of this great country we call america where your literally attacked and engulfed by a stench.

In new york one block can stink the other could smell like cinnabunz. So you can escape the funk. Theres no place in the bronx or any other borough thats just plain funky in the air,the freaking atmosphere, as if a thousand skunks just died

The reality is that theres no place in all of 50 states that engulfs humans with funk like that.

Nobody is trolling. You go to the NYC forums waiting in the shadows ready to pounce on anything anti-jersey lol

Quick to say how people demean new jersey this that and the third. But jerseyans are quick to put down other places whenever theres a chance. Laughable. For instance the bronx. about stereotyping new jersey but quick to stereotype the bronx lol
Well, congratulations on not living in a part of the Bronx that snells - I don't live in a part of NJ that smells, either. In fact -- NOBODY does, because the one small area of NJ that has an odor, is NOT residential.

HOWEVER - it IS possible to live in a part of NYC that smells. Constant odor.

If you honestly think there are no parts of NYC that have a constant odor, you clearly do not know your beloved city as well as you think you do. Are you ashamed that somebody from NJ knows more about your city than you do?

Old 07-29-2010, 02:38 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,088,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Well, congratulations on not living in a part of the Bronx that snells - I don't live in a part of NJ that smells, either. In fact -- NOBODY does, because the one small area of NJ that has an odor, is NOT residential.

HOWEVER - it IS possible to live in a part of NYC that smells. Constant odor.

If you honestly think there are no parts of NYC that have a constant odor, you clearly do not know your beloved city as well as you think you do. Are you ashamed that somebody from NJ knows more about your city than you do?
So you tell me, I ask and beg you to give me a part of nyc that carries a permanent stench for miles and miles. Even areas in the city next to fertilizer factories dont smell that bad. And even those are in concentrated areas. Nyers have to drive through that just to get to the rest of the country. I know my city well enough and dont really see how you figure u know more than me.

Well actually its plausible considering new jersey doesnt have a...........................

Old 07-29-2010, 02:40 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,104 times
Quote:

It's more monkey do monkey see. We want you to realize your ignorance- You just never seem to learn.

Judging by the name "KING OF NY", I'm assuming you're just expecting people to obey your "royal" presence, no?
NY is wonderful, I just wish it wasn't crawling with people like you. I'd risk the 3 miles to get somewhere. I probably smell what you *"smelled"* twice a year.
Even past the refineries/industy the NJTPK is full of beautiful lush woodland and wetlands. It's a beautiful highway despite it's drive by Staten Island.

The NNJ natives here know the garden state parkway is an easy way to escape such a "horror" if it was really that serious.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:43 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,909,968 times
Some small towns in the Adirondacks of NY have an awful stench, because of the local paper mills...I also noticed the same thing around Green Bay, WI..

Old 07-29-2010, 02:44 PM

103 posts, read 259,878 times
OOOOMMMMGGGGG Pine Bluff, AR 30 min south of Little Rock, AR. This place has i think two paper mills and it always smells like cabbage or an old fart lol. I gotta away with pooting in the car a few times and blamed it on the city. The crazy thing is my roommate believed me, then I told him a week later I was actually pooting lol

Old 07-29-2010, 02:46 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
It is the area south of Salsbury MD, the route to OBX. the Tyson and Perdue factories that line that stretch, you are better off missing the smell. I dont eat chicken for a week after I smell it
yup, that's why i've driven by it- enroute to OBX. as much as i dislike bad smells, you've piqued my curiousity! i'll report back after labor day! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City