Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 07:46 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Thanks for setting me straight. I stand corrected.
No problem! Most people don't even know that Baltimore has a subway! As sad as it is, i would venture to guess most people in the Bal/Wash area don't know that a subway exists in Baltimore

Anyway, how about we get this thread back on topic! Here's some photos of Baltimore

Baltimore 'hoods: Reservoir Hill featuring Mt Royal - SkyscraperPage Forum

Canton.......not the one in Ohio - SkyscraperPage Forum

Baltimore Riverside Neighborhood - SkyscraperPage Forum

BALTIMORE | Smalltimore for turkeys. - SkyscraperPage Forum

Jeremai back in Baltimore - SkyscraperPage Forum

Old 11-28-2010, 12:56 AM

10,106 posts, read 9,956,241 times
Baltimore is sexy

Old 11-28-2010, 07:36 AM

1,374 posts, read 3,253,668 times
Default Cleveland Splendours, A Visit To University Circle!

Some photos of beautiful Cleveland from my own flickr account

CLEVELAND MUSEUM OF ART & WADE LAGOON

UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS OF CLEVELAND / CASE MEDICAL CENTER
(CONSTRUCTION OF NEW CANCER CENTER)

THE WORLD RENOWNED CLEVELAND CLINIC FOUNDATION / SYDELL MILLER PAVILLION

AROUND BEAUTIFUL "UNIVERSITY CIRCLE", THE EPICENTRE OF ARTS, EDUCATION & WORLD CLASS HEALTHCARE

NEW HOME CONSTRUCTION IN UNIVERSITY CIRCLE

UNIVERSITY CIRCLE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH

SEVERANCE HALL / HOME OF THE CLEVELAND ORCHESTRA

CLEVELAND SKYLINE VIEW FROM GORDON PARK ( EAST SIDE )

AN ADDED BONUS ... "MOI" ( DEPENDING ON WHOM YOU ASK! )

Old 11-28-2010, 09:07 AM

1,374 posts, read 3,253,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
No problem! Most people don't even know that Baltimore has a subway! As sad as it is, i would venture to guess most people in the Bal/Wash area don't know that a subway exists in Baltimore

Anyway, how about we get this thread back on topic! Here's some photos of Baltimore

Baltimore 'hoods: Reservoir Hill featuring Mt Royal - SkyscraperPage Forum

Canton.......not the one in Ohio - SkyscraperPage Forum

Baltimore Riverside Neighborhood - SkyscraperPage Forum

BALTIMORE | Smalltimore for turkeys. - SkyscraperPage Forum

Jeremai back in Baltimore - SkyscraperPage Forum

I must admit, these are some beautiful photos of Baltimore. What is the rather "statuesque" structure in the last photo ... it's very impressive looking.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDBaumgardner View Post
I must admit, these are some beautifu
l photos of Baltimore. What is the rather "statuesque" structure in the last photo ... it's very impressive looking.
Condos i think

Old 11-28-2010, 09:45 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,215,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
is it possible to say anything about baltimore without including DC? it seems the only times Baltimore isnt included is when people are talkin about crime. Baltimore is Baltimore, DC is DC. It's like saying you and ur next door neighbors are related because you live next door to them...when the two households have completely different situations.
Not really. A lot of cities and regions kind of rely on one another. They wouldn't be the same without the other. New Jersey, for example, wouldn't be the same without NYC and Philly two inches away...and vice versa. The same can be said about Baltimore and DC. Their economies and population are all connected in some way.

I haven't been to either city, but would love to visit both. I'm sure they both have their charm.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:31 AM

358 posts, read 754,731 times
I'll take B-more

Old 11-28-2010, 11:07 AM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDBaumgardner View Post
I must admit, these are some beautiful photos of Baltimore. What is the rather "statuesque" structure in the last photo ... it's very impressive looking.
Cleveland looks good too! What do you expect? Both cities used to be some of the American greats.

The last structure is Silo point, an old grain elevator turned into condos. It won the best high-rise development in the Americas by the International Property Awards. Its really cool inside. You can get a glimpse inside by watching MTV cribs with Mario. lol.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Not really. A lot of cities and regions kind of rely on one another. They wouldn't be the same without the other. New Jersey, for example, wouldn't be the same without NYC and Philly two inches away...and vice versa. The same can be said about Baltimore and DC. Their economies and population are all connected in some way.

I haven't been to either city, but would love to visit both. I'm sure they both have their charm.
Nj is NYC & PHILLY'S bedroom community, baltimore is in no way shape or form a bedroom community to dc... they are independant cities.

Old 11-28-2010, 11:00 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,876,421 times
There's been too much fighting going on in this thread, and people are ignoring the room sticky regarding how many pics to show per post and it's bogging the thing down as well. Please read the TOS regarding how to act here, and the room sticky for photo posting guidelines (again), and threads might get to stay open. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City