Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 05:43 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,108,506 times

Advertisements

Orlando?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 05:53 PM

228 posts, read 397,511 times
have a great new year!!

Old 12-28-2010, 05:58 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,108,506 times
We will....you too mkay!

Old 12-28-2010, 06:31 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
Oh please San Antonio has 5 star hotels and more are going to be built.

Name them and then compare them too Orlandos selections. Lets put Orlandos shopping up too San antonios and see who comes out on top..

Old 12-28-2010, 06:34 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweethomeSanAntonio View Post
Waldorf Astoria is just another luxury hotel you can find in Puerto Rico and Utah. San Antonio has it's share of 5 star hotels.
But you cant find it in San Antonio

Old 12-28-2010, 06:40 PM

818 posts, read 1,387,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Name them and then compare them too Orlandos selections. Lets put Orlandos shopping up too San antonios and see who comes out on top..
So posters from NYC don't like you, and now posters from other places in the South don't either. You sure know how to make friends.

Listen when you get off the heroin and venture outside your perfect little "Southeast" Kingdom, do yourself a favor and travel a little bit. Orlando defines podunk. There is no city in the world worse than Orlando, a 14 year olds getaway over hyped garbage city. People from other countries probably save their life's worth of money to visit America and when they have a family they end up in Orlando. Disappointed to go back home and say "I saw America, and there was nothing special about it", because they spent their time in an irrelevant podunk that shouldn't exist.

People want Disney? Go to LA/OC, far superior city, more amenities, better everything than that flat wasteland Orlando. Orlando the most irrelevant podunk I have ever had the displeasure to step foot in.

My vote is for San Antonio, far more of a real city. Good history, fantastic Mexican food, superb shopping, and something Orlando will never have- a attractive downtown.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:08 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1984 View Post
A case of Riverwalk envy! So many cities are trying to replicate San Antonio's sucessful urban river! Any city would love to have such a beautiful place smack center in their downtown area.

Orlando recieves more tourists than San Antonio and is a bigger destination but becasue of Disney World. If Orlando didn't have theme parks what is there to do? San Antonio has so much history and culture. San Antonio has something for everyone and Orlando on a much lesser scope.

Orlando is the Vegas for Kids!
Who is trying to emulate the river walk?

Old 12-28-2010, 07:17 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msb0810 View Post
San Antonio computer controled drainage ditch vs Orlando and Disney World..... give it up already...lol
lol, I think it is more of a pond than a ditch.

I wonder how many tourist visit SA multiple times?

I mean, you can say nonsense like Orlando is just Disney, but the fact of the matter is you can visit for a whole week once a year for years and still be anxious to go back, but for San Antonio, well you can visit the Alamo and the Riverwalk in an evening an be done with the city. Most people come out from the Alamo saying one thing "i didn't realize it was so tiny.

trust me, Orlando is a top five destination for a reason. people want to go back.
Like some one said before, SA is a destination for McAllen folks

Old 12-28-2010, 07:19 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Who is trying to emulate the river walk?
other Texas cities..
i think there is one in just about every big Texas City.

The one in the Woodlands is quite nice.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:07 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
other Texas cities..
i think there is one in just about every big Texas City.

The one in the Woodlands is quite nice.
Ahh, thought he meant on a national level. San Antonio riverwalk for what it is worth has a distinct look.

I've been to San Antonio twice, and yes the alamo is rather small.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City