Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Downtown Minneapolis 55 56.12%
Downtown Denver 43 43.88%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 08:31 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,863,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowsAndBeer View Post
Target Field is great/classy, but the new Vikings field looks like a hulking disaster to me.
You're just a Packers fan .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
"Denver's stadium is nice but I doubt it'll top our new one once it's done."

Ours is built and in use. Yours has not even broken ground! That is some crazy logic! Plus our team is far superior to the Vikings as well!
Crazy logic is saying that things that are approved and will be constructed by 2016 don't count towards what a city's downtown will be.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:38 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times
Riiiiiiiight. Always good to count things that DO NOT EXIST!

Old 06-18-2013, 08:51 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,184,408 times
Quote:
Target Field is great/classy, but the new Vikings field looks like a hulking disaster to me.
No argument here but you ARE a Packers fan and your vote doesn't count!!

Old 06-18-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
"Denver's stadium is nice but I doubt it'll top our new one once it's done."

Ours is built and in use. Yours has not even broken ground! That is some crazy logic! Plus our team is far superior to the Vikings as well!
Define "far superior". If you mean losing in the 1st rd of the playoffs, then they're even. Peterson vs. Manning is a close call, and that's only because Manning is, IMO, THE best QB to grace the gridlines since Montana/Marino (even if he's not quite his former self, unfortunately). The defenses are very similarly rated on an overall rating, and the special teams might lean towards the Vikes. In 2013, I expect to see more of the same from the Vikes, and less of the same from the Broncos. But then again, the Broncos play in the extremely weak AFC West....

Old 06-18-2013, 09:00 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times
I am talking about the entire team history. But even recent history has us as the far better team. Does not matter how you cut it (SB wins, total team wins, Best season records) Denver is the better franchise!

Old 06-18-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Riiiiiiiight. Always good to count things that DO NOT EXIST!
..... it's called construction. Things have to be built. That's how it has always worked.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I am talking about the entire team history. But even recent history has us as the far better team. Does not matter how you cut it (SB wins, total team wins, Best season records) Denver is the better franchise!
If Denver didn't win the SB in the late 90's they, like the Vikes, would be 4-5 time SB losers. So it's ironic to see you touting your team as these superior champs when they are literally 1 game away from being another Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, or Minnesota Vikings.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:10 AM

1,312 posts, read 2,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bslette View Post
You're just a Packers fan .
I'm just as much a Brewers fan, and I live in Milwaukee. I think Target Field is a smashing success, a great park in the skyline shadows. The new Vikings stadium looks like a confused, hulking mess. It's ugly, period. I know you are excited that you finally have a new deal set, but it doesn't make the new design attractive in any way.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I'm just as much a Brewers fan, and I live in Milwaukee. I think Target Field is a smashing success, a great park in the skyline shadows. The new Vikings stadium looks like a confused, hulking mess. It's ugly, period. I know you are excited that you finally have a new deal set, but it doesn't make the new design attractive in any way.
I do have my problems with the new stadium, but remember, what is shown in the pictures are renderings that lack a lot of the outside detail and realism. It will look a lot better in real life when it isn't a solid color rendering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City