Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your Choice
West Coast 118 41.40%
East Coast 167 58.60%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:25 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,749,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikkk View Post
Because there are no other cities worth mentioning in the West. I ran out of cities, don't blame me!

What else could I add? Bakersfield? Fresno? LOL.

What "other cities worth mentioning" did you mention?

Did you mention:

Las Vegas
Phoenix
Tuscon
Spokane
Tacoma
Albuquerque
Reno
Salt Lake City

?

Not saying that any of these stack up to DC either, but there's more to the west coast than the Bay Area, LA, Portland and Seattle.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:26 AM

205 posts, read 298,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
The great thing is the West Coast has everything........not just crowded old cities.....

We get it. We've seen enough pictures. You're an outdoorsy person and I'm a city person.

I'd rather old crowded cities than uninhabitable wasteland. There is a reason why cities are bigger attractions than thousand year old rocks and tall trees.

I'd much rather be having fun at a great louge in Manhattan than breaking my neck staring up an old useless tree. In the Manhattan lounge, I'm having fun meeting cool people, at the redwood forsest staring at a tree. I've been there and almost fell asleep. What is the point of those tall trees? Are you supposed to hump them or something? I just see no purpose in it.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikkk View Post
East Harlem, the hood, is even more valuable than Downtown LA according to property values and average rent lol.

Your point? West LA is worth more than the majority of the east coast.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:31 AM

and California by itself is the 8th largest economy in the world and worth more than the majority of the east coast combined.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:31 AM

940 posts, read 2,026,960 times
You have to have imagination to appreciate the West.

It's what you east coasters might call crazy.

We'll call you stale.

Also, to KONY and sputnikk. Just to clarify, you guys prefer the East, right? I just want to be sure I'm not misrepresenting you.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:32 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,520,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post

Did you mention:

Las Vegas
Phoenix
Tuscon
Spokane
Tacoma
Albuquerque
Reno
Salt Lake City

?

Not saying that any of these stack up to DC either, but there's more to the west coast than the Bay Area, LA, Portland and Seattle.
I thought the thread was East/West coast......Salt Lake City is pretty far inland.......can I use Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:33 AM

Quote:

Did you mention:

Las Vegas
Phoenix
Tuscon
Spokane
Tacoma
Albuquerque
Reno
Salt Lake City

?
What coast do you see hugging Nevada and Arizona?

I'm not sure when they were considered "West Coast". West, yes, West Coast, No.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:36 AM

940 posts, read 2,026,960 times
nineties flava- that's not true about california having a larger economy than most of the east coast. Read the original post.

Also, everyone should check this out: Map: Where Americans Are Moving - Forbes.com

In 2008, 2,483 people moved from Manhattan to LA. 2,104 moved the other direction.

818 posts, read 1,387,790 times
Quote:

Did you mention:

Las Vegas
Phoenix
Tuscon
Spokane
Tacoma
Albuquerque
Reno
Salt Lake City
?
You must be a visual learner, sorry I dont have pictures to show you but words will have to do for now

NYC > LA
DC > SF
Boston > Seattle
Miami > SD
Philly > Portland
JC > Sacramento
Pittsburgh > SJ
Buffalo > Oak
Charlotte > Fresno
Atlanta < Bakersfield
RTP > ???
Tampa > ???

???

Quote:
and California by itself is the 8th largest economy in the world and worth more than the majority of the east coast combined.
HAhahahahahahahahahahhaha.

Please delete this post, look at GDP figures and come back when you've learned something new.

NYC metro alone has nearly the GDP of California. And that's not even touching the rest of the vast East Coast. Are you on meth or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City