Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose which city you'd rather live in out of these four:
Denver 37 34.26%
Phoenix 13 12.04%
Dallas 34 31.48%
St Louis 24 22.22%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 08:01 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If you like a hot and humid city that happens to be in the state of Texas, then pick Dallas.
Ever been to Missouri or the midwest in the summer? Yeah, they rival Dallas in humidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 08:22 PM

187 posts, read 1,022,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Ever been to Missouri or the midwest in the summer? Yeah, they rival Dallas in humidity.
I live in Missouri and have been all over the midwest. Dallas is hotter than anyplace in Missouri and is at least as humid. Average high temperature in Dallas in July is between 95 and 100 degrees. In St Louis or KC, its 90.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:21 AM

396 posts, read 1,275,714 times
Denver is definitely the most interesting out of any of these. Mountains, snow, and still plenty of character. Phoenix never interested me that much, although downtown probably has enough to keep me entertained for a day. But at least they have mountains. Dallas is somewhere in the middle; although it has a terrible climate (not as bad as Phoenix, though), it's downtown is probably exciting. St. Louis is very classy, but also very run-down.

It would go like this:

#1 - Denver
#2 - St. Louis
#3 - Dallas
#4 - Phoenix

Old 07-31-2007, 07:16 AM

3,742 posts, read 8,391,087 times
Quote:
No, they don't hehehehe...yes the midwest can get hot, but Texas can get hotter. Trust me...as a St. Louisan who has spent several weeks in Dallas in the summer I can vouch for this...I still don't understand why St. Louis is a part of this discussion...it's in a completely different category from Denver, Dallas, and Phoenix. Might as well throw Boston into this while we're at it

Old 07-31-2007, 09:36 AM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
humidity is humidity even if its 90 or 95. There isn't a difference between either if the humidity is over 80%. It's hell regardless. Now, Dallas is not as humid once the summer goes into late July and early August. That's when the temps hit the high 90s and low 100s. The air becomes much more dryer. It starts off humid in the Spring and early Summer but becomes dry.

On a sidenote, I bet Dallas is having a cooler summer than all the cities on the list this year.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:59 AM

187 posts, read 1,022,502 times
Quote:
On a sidenote, I bet Dallas is having a cooler summer than all the cities on the list this year.
I highly doubt that. Can you produce a link to the daily high temperatures in Dallas this summer? I bet Dallas hasnt been cooler than either Denver or St Louis this summer.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:05 AM

793 posts, read 3,121,780 times
Easiest poll question I've answered yet on this forum. The choice is Denver without having to blink an eye.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:15 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
humidity is humidity even if its 90 or 95. There isn't a difference between either if the humidity is over 80%. It's hell regardless. Now, Dallas is not as humid once the summer goes into late July and early August. That's when the temps hit the high 90s and low 100s. The air becomes much more dryer. It starts off humid in the Spring and early Summer but becomes dry.

Dallas cooler than Denver?

Dallas' humidity levels are quite higher than St. Louis', on top of its warmer temps and longer summers. Overall, St. Louis' climate is much nicer in summer. Today Dallas is 91, humidity at peak temp is 48%. St. Louis is 94, humidity at peak temp is 28%. MAJOR difference in humidity levels. Also, St. Louis greats breaks from the humidity, unlike the deep south. And while St. Louis will be in the low 90s all week, thats above-average. Whereas in Dallas it isnt.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:18 AM

117 posts, read 507,279 times
I would have to say Denver would be my first choice because it is close to the mountains without the heat and humidity of the other places. My second choice would be St. Louis because it is an easy area to navigate. Also, I would only be a 5 hour drive from Chicago. The other two cities have too much sprawl.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
Its definitely rust belt, but their skyline is underrated and was actually ranked very high in the world on one website that I saw.
Re: Pittsburgh

And what webiste was that? visitpittsburgh.com? LOL! Let us know what you think when you get back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City