Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2011, 11:48 PM

322 posts, read 614,957 times

Advertisements

And if the north isn't racist at all and they are America's heroes against such evil why did they re paint the statue of liberty? I mean she was black at first

Old 04-23-2011, 01:13 AM

407 posts, read 388,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post

you know what's funny, excuse me for a second, is that we never ever hear americans of irish descent complaining about their ancestors mistreatment back in the day. EVER. .
No. Never heard it. Until now.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:06 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
the government didn't need to end it. it died out in the north just as it would've over time in the south. do you honestly think they'd still be picking cotton fields in virginia today if the south won? no, most likely if the south won the government would have a hell of a lot less power over us than it does now. it would also not be involved in the arizona law and health care crap we are currently wrangling over.

i am happy slavery ended, though i am not happy that the north barged its way into our business. what goes on within our boundaries is our business. that's kind of why we have states. it would've died out and yet they felt the need to overstep their boundaries, much like they're doing with health care, gun control, and immigration today. every corner of the globe has had slavery at one point and it ended at one point. the south was nothing unique in that regard.
I think the North needed to barge in. Sure, slavery would have eventually died out, but when? Cuba and Brazil didn't end slavery until 1888. Slavery is still practiced in many parts of the world now. My point is that if the North had not barged in, the South would have continued on with slavery. What I read in the Articles of Secession shows me this.
Mississippi Declarations of Causes of Seceding States
Georgia Declarations of Causes of Seceding States Civil War
Texas Declarations of Causes of Seceding States
Confederate Constitution Secession Articles of American Civil War
These are some of the documents regarding secession and slavery.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:27 AM

785 posts, read 1,882,988 times
Maybe the South has been imbued with the ghost of Rodney Dangerfield?

Last edited by BruceTenmile; 04-23-2011 at 09:38 AM..

Old 04-23-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceTenmile View Post
Maybe the South has been inhabited by the ghost of Rodney Dangerfield?
Who is Rodney Dangerfield?

Old 04-23-2011, 09:40 AM

785 posts, read 1,882,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Who is Rodney Dangerfield?
A brilliant comedian. Most, including myself, know him mainly from Caddyshack. He died in 2004, and he would often say he got 'no respect'.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceTenmile View Post
A brilliant comedian. Most, including myself, know him mainly from Caddyshack. He died in 2004, and he would often say he got 'no respect'.
I hardly know what Caddyshack is either. I was born in 1986 and I've only been to a movie theater maybe 3 or 4 times in my life.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:36 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,702,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
I'm pretty sure that "nycricanpapi" is not a native of the US, which might explain the problems with grammar, but even having said that, he should have known better...
Ha! that was a good one.. I was born and raised in the Bronx, NY. I take it you haven't been to NYC, especially the bronx. Haha I don't have problems with my grammar. I am sorry that the south does not compares to the North. I have a Master's degree in Computer Security. so Also Puerto Rico is part of the US. It must be the education in the south that does not teaches that Puerto Rico is part of the U.S. That's a shame.

Also, you don't have to be a native to write proper. All you need is education, and that will do the work

Old 04-23-2011, 11:39 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,655,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Ha! that was a good one.. I was born and raised in the Bronx, NY. I take it you haven't been to NYC, especially the bronx. Haha I don't have problems with my grammar. I am sorry that the south does not compares to the North. I have a Master's degree in Computer Security. so Also Puerto Rico is part of the US. It must be the education in the south that does not teaches that Puerto Rico is part of the U.S. That's a shame.
You can't be serious......

Apparently in the Bronx English grammar is not in the curriculum. It is here in the South .

Old 04-23-2011, 11:40 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
You can't be serious......
It's those oh-so-superior Bronx schools, don't you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City