Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 09:41 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times

Advertisements

Stating that Houston isn't southeast doesn't take away anything from its southern influences and culture. However, from a geographic standpoint; it's not southeast. Simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 09:43 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Stating that Houston isn't southeast doesn't take away anything from its southern influences and culture. However, from a geographic standpoint; it's not southeast. Simple as that.
Like I stated, that depends on how you define the Southeast.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:44 PM

3,072 posts, read 8,023,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
^yep

Old 05-06-2011, 09:49 PM

312 posts, read 437,208 times
I don't care what Houston is, I like it the way it is right now just fine, regardless of what region or where it is. Can we move on from that topic now?

Most cosmopolitan cities in the south are Houston, Dallas, Miami, and Atlanta in that same order.

Houston: US2010

Dallas:US2010

Miami: US2010

Atlanta: US2010

Old 05-06-2011, 09:56 PM

818 posts, read 1,388,519 times
Atlanta is cosmopolitan, no other city is strong willed and dedicated with residents who will get on a snow plow to go the extra mile for a biscuit. Only in Atlanta will you see the culture of dynamicism displayed here
YouTube - Had to get that biscuit

Old 05-06-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Past View Post
Atlanta is cosmopolitan, no other city is strong willed and dedicated with residents who will get on a snow plow to go the extra mile for a biscuit. Only in Atlanta will you see the culture of dynamicism displayed here
Well, if you're insinuating that people like that are what keeps Atlanta from being cosmopolitan, let me assure you that you will find people just as if not more country in Houston and Dallas.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Well, if you're insinuating that people like that are what keeps Atlanta from being cosmopolitan, let me assure you that you will find people just as if not more country in Houston and Dallas.
HAHAHAHAHAHA please wait right here while I go and hit my head on my desk with laughter that oreo Atlanta is more cosmopolitan than Houston, Dallas, Miami!! ATL isnt even in the big 4 of the south... maybe 6th

Old 05-06-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA please wait right here while I go and hit my head on my desk with laughter that oreo Atlanta is more cosmopolitan than Houston, Dallas, Miami!! ATL isnt even in the big 4 of the south... maybe 6th
Hm. Don't make me sic the Atlantans on you.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Hm. Don't make me sic the Atlantans on you.
Send for em'. I'm not afraid of no greasy deep south southerners playing hard to impress.

Atlantans dont know cosmopolitan if it hit them in their face, their oreo bland city has 3 cultures, white, black, and southern. Southern and not the good kind but the deep southern greasy oily pick up truck bible thumping kind. Its no wonder Atlanta defaces all aspects of a progressive city its designed to be a city in the 1920s for only whites and blacks and its demographics mirror dumpy Charleson, Birmingham, Savannah, Charlotte on a bigger scale

Old 05-06-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Send for em'. I'm not afraid of no greasy deep south southerners playing hard to impress.

Atlantans dont know cosmopolitan if it hit them in their face, their oreo bland city has 3 cultures, white, black, and southern. Southern and not the good kind but the deep southern greasy oily pick up truck bible thumping kind. Its no wonder Atlanta defaces all aspects of a progressive city its designed to be a city in the 1920s for only whites and blacks and its demographics mirror dumpy Charleson, Birmingham, Savannah, Charlotte on a bigger scale
Not at all, but okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City