Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better to you.?
Dallas/Ft Worth 76 44.71%
Minneapolis St. Paul 94 55.29%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 06:24 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
Umm. You were the one who first stated Dallas wins out in terms of music, which is completely false. rs.
Perhaps you should re read the thread. I didn't say that. You're either confusing me with someone else or trying to start s@$t.

Aside from that, who's to judge whether it's true or false. For what I like, give me Dallas any day. For what you like MSP might be better. It's too subjective.

The whole notion that bands stop there on their first tours doesnt mean anything because they stop here on those same tours. That's a wash and it's not statistically measurable data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 06:31 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
I agree that Dallas FEELS more like LA, but it doesn't rival LA -- or let's just say that if it does, then LA shouldn't be considered an "elite" city.
I wouldn't really even say that. Sure you could argue that Dallas is the Hollywood of the south (MAYBE) but nah, Dallas feels more like.... that other city in Georgia that I really don't think I should bring up, than L.A.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:00 PM

491 posts, read 886,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee936 View Post
Music,shopping,cultural,economy goes straight to Dallas,why is this a debate,downtown dallas looks like your coming to downtown NYc and is beautiful.People need to understand how many Texans don't get on threads like this because assuming that the outcome would be Dallas but so much hatred out there and people will say we're not hating lol....One thing I do know DFW is a lot more in L.A league then in TC.If people found it that interesting the airport there would have more air travel then DFW end of discussion.
Not even going to point out how many things you're wrong about here. Too ridiculous to even argue with. Just walk away from the computer, it's time for your medication.

Last edited by Brewzerr68; 07-13-2011 at 07:11 PM..

Old 07-13-2011, 07:22 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,872,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I wouldn't really even say that. Sure you could argue that Dallas is the Hollywood of the south (MAYBE) but nah, Dallas feels more like.... that other city in Georgia that I really don't think I should bring up, than L.A.
You don't have a ton of homerism, to say the least, and honestly you don't seem like you like the Dallas area, but you're from Fort Worth? Are you on the way out or something....or do you just keep it very real?

Old 07-14-2011, 12:42 AM

1,588 posts, read 4,060,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Perhaps you should re read the thread. I didn't say that. You're either confusing me with someone else or trying to start s@$t.

Aside from that, who's to judge whether it's true or false. For what I like, give me Dallas any day. For what you like MSP might be better. It's too subjective.

The whole notion that bands stop there on their first tours doesnt mean anything because they stop here on those same tours. That's a wash and it's not statistically measurable data.
You are right, I mixed you up with dee936 so, I'm sorry about that. You state you're into metal while I'm into just about everything so, we will probably won't agree. I won't assume you are into the same music, but if you are a music geek like I am, shoot me a message and I will let you know where we can share.

Old 07-14-2011, 12:47 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Is there anyone who doesn't live in Dallas or the TCs.? This conversation is just going back and forth. You can argue that one city is "Better" than another, but its really irrelevant unless we have people that are actually able to look at the cities without being extremely bias.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:11 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
You don't have a ton of homerism, to say the least, and honestly you don't seem like you like the Dallas area, but you're from Fort Worth? Are you on the way out or something....or do you just keep it very real?

Um, no. That's just the truth about Dallas. Why would I have a ton of homerism for a city I don't live in....?

Oh and to Mt.Rush, there's not too much bias here, and there seems to be not that many people from outside DFW or the Twin Cities here. I was just correcting someone who was talking about this area as if he/she knew it, which was obviously false.

Old 07-14-2011, 07:29 AM

606 posts, read 1,078,442 times
Shopping:
Tie
Economy: Not sure how to judge this one
Skyline: Minneapolis
Schools: Minneapolis
Housing Prices: Metroplex
Universities: Not sure
Climate/Weather: Minneapolis, I LOVE cold weather
Public Transit: Minneapolis
Traffic: Minneapolis
Art Scene: Minneapolis...Minneapolis sometimes promotes itself as the "Mini Apple" Minneapolis Promotes Itself As Midwest's "Mini Apple" - NY1.com
Scene: Minneapolis
Urbanality: Minneapolis
Airport: Not sure
Scenery: Minneapolis
Better Vibe(To you): Minneapolis
the one you choose: Minneapolis
http://www.gonomad.com/destinations/...nneapolis.html

Old 07-14-2011, 09:14 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
The Dee Eff Dub.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:23 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Dude, I live here. I drive between the two cities at least every couple of weeks. Based on the way you describe DFW, I would seriously doubt that you have spent any considerable amount of time here.

And, I did mapquest it and from door to door (downtown to downtown) its 33.6 miles. Of that 31 miles is freeway and the rest is side streets.

As for the open land thing, you can find some open land on I-20 between the two, but not much. I-30 goes through mostly industrial areas, so what appears as openess really isnt. However, if you leave Fort Worth to the East/Northeast on 183 there is absolutely NO open land between the two.
There is actually a lot of open land on I-20 actually, especially in Dallas County (the less developed side of I-20 through DFW). I-30 has a lot of undeveloped spots, too, but most of that seems to be for the flood plains. I agree with others that have said DFW is like two metros that happened to be close and grew into one (sort of), while the Twin Cities have always been joined. It's still long distance to call Dallas to FW, zip codes starting with "76---" is FW while "75---" is Dallas, they both have their own suburbs, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City