Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 11:19 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub King View Post
You're like a guy in a restaurant who talks far too loudly and gets offended when other guests complain. Let it be.
No. He's actually more like the guy who doesn't have the stones to be half as brawlic in real life as he does when he's nestled in the safety of his dormitory making C-D posts in between sessions of World of Warcraft.

Behold, jman650!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/p...jpg?1308517262

Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 AM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,296,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Now you have spent 600-700 nights here (Over two years now? Lol okay!) apparently not accounting for the discrepancy in your 4 years vs. 18 months and your one week per month vs your 3-3.5. LMAO WHATEVER! There's no reason to believe anything you say at this point, nor does it matter. All that matters is that it is a known fact that you are both in the habit of not telling the whole truth, and exaggerating your imaginary "residency" out here.
I have lived in Philadelphia and visited San Francisco more times than can be counted.

Kidphilly has lived in San Francisco and Philadelphia.

You have lived in San Francisco, but in one of your past post I remember you stating about never visiting Philadelphia. Am I wrong?

I don't see why any poster who has not at minimum visited both cities should be giving information in this thread.

Last edited by Gateway Region; 08-04-2011 at 12:10 PM..

Old 08-04-2011, 11:26 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,475,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
It was both as I stated, a long period of consistent shorter term visits with a concentration in the middle what is so hard to figure out here. And digging deeper how?

And the point on experience of both cities to me seems to be how one would be able judge the comparison, also not hard to figure out. On exposing; well it would seem that your remarks would expose you have zero perspective to make a comparison of the two from actual experience.

And sorry to digust you, perhaps comprehension would help though I have always heard ignorance is bliss so the digusted feeling may be from something else
Wait a minute, I thought it was supposed to be the lion who was the coward and the tin man that had no heart. When did the scarecrow develop these traits too, Mr. Strawman?

Pretend to remain oblivious, you and I both know what the truth is as does anyone else who is reading our exchange. This is unbelievably pathetic. Lol WOW you have managed to sink low. Just WOW. SMH.

Trying to flip this around into a questioning of my perspective when I have not been making any comparisons since I have engaged you is about the thinnest armor you could have tried to muster up for yourself here. Sticking with the strawman argument after attention has already been brought to it. SMH. I suppose your tactic at this point is persistence in feigned ignorance of the subject we're arguing. You're fooling NO ONE, buddy. No one.

Your last sentence sounds like a 6th grade ESL student trying to diss someone. Try again. Or don't. You'll probably just lie and claim you never even wrote it. SMH.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:30 AM

1,335 posts, read 1,662,717 times
'Urban Density' in the Rittenhouse Square area

_MG_8477 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/imagicdigital/6009285298/ - broken link) by imagic digital (http://www.flickr.com/people/imagicdigital/ - broken link), on Flickr

_MG_8495 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/imagicdigital/6008737625/ - broken link) by imagic digital (http://www.flickr.com/people/imagicdigital/ - broken link), on Flickr

Old 08-04-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Honestly, it doesn't matter since they both share the same opinion.

Quote:
Let's assume that he simply agrees with the fact that it's denser not, more urban. So, as a technical matter, he's just agreeing with a factual assertion made by rah. Harlem's lower density, of course, was something he was able to determine by visiting the area on "several occasions." Yeah right. That's a stupid ass thing to say. Montclair is drawing his conclusion from the stats notwithstanding the fact that nobody with any grounding in reality would agree with him.

The rest of your post is too long to respond to. Y'all are going to f*ck around and get me fired.
Okay, I guess your beef is with him then and not so much that one comment. I thought you were trying to get after rah for simply saying it, I didn't realize Montclair was your target for agreeing with him. Either way, it seems pretty unnecessary and over the top to me to take such issue with them, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Lol I feel you tho, I need to sign off soon, this is dragging out waaaay too far!

Quote:
Nice comeback!

I was going to suggest "Tenderass" instead, but then realized that that would really be more fitting for San Francisco, ya know.
Lol touche!

Old 08-04-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Well then you do love the smell of your own farts. I think South Park satirizes many things quite accurately, and whenever somebody is the subject of that satire, and it is accurate, they get offended as is appropriate. That's what satire is all about.
Well then I guess the reality shows are presenting the real deal b/c South Park didn't have to embellish anything to make everyone from Jersey look like moronic retards with no class!

Quote:
You're like a guy in a restaurant who talks far too loudly and gets offended when other guests complain. Let it be.
And you're like a troll under a bridge jumping out and harassing those who walk by not talking to you. Take your own advice and "let it be."

Old 08-04-2011, 11:36 AM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,296,920 times
Quote:
Well then I guess the reality shows are presenting the real deal b/c South Park didn't have to embellish anything to make everyone from Jersey look like moronic retards with no class!
Let's not forget the episode with the tree hugging hippies in San Francisco driving their hybrid cars, both episodes were funny.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:38 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Quote:
Wait a minute, I thought it was supposed to be the lion who was the coward and the tin man that had no heart. When did the scarecrow develop these traits too, Mr. Strawman?

Pretend to remain oblivious, you and I both know what the truth is as does anyone else who is reading our exchange. This is unbelievably pathetic. Lol WOW you have managed to sink low. Just WOW. SMH.

Trying to flip this around into a questioning of my perspective when I have not been making any comparisons since I have engaged you is about the thinnest armor you could have tried to muster up for yourself here. Sticking with the strawman argument after attention has already been brought to it. SMH. I suppose your tactic at this point is persistence in feigned ignorance of the subject we're arguing. You're fooling NO ONE, buddy. No one.

Your last sentence sounds like a 6th grade ESL student trying to diss someone. Try again. Or don't. You'll probably just lie and claim you never even wrote it. SMH.

Oblivious to what? I have zero care to fool or not fool anyone and stand behind my statements and facts. I am not sure what else to say, you are free to believe or not believe what you desire. This obviously has struck some vein with you but frankly I dont care what you believe or dont.

I am a poor writer; especially on here and this also is widely documented and admitted.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:42 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
Let's not forget when they showed the episode with the tree hugging hippies in San Francisco driving there hybrid cars, both episodes were funny.
I think at first there was a smugness associated with owning them. When my neighbor first bought one, I remember the whole street walking over to look at it just as I was pulling into my driveway in a Lincoln Navigator(bad timing-LOL). They all sort of looked smirked at me. It was hilarious.

Now the smugness is gone cause they are so incredibly common because the Toyota Prius is the bestselling car in the Bay Area for a while now so South Park wasnt too far off. LOL.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:43 AM

1,335 posts, read 1,662,717 times
That's correct. I think NY and Philly agree on that, and anybody who's been there can attest to the accuracy.

Quote:

_MG_8715 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/imagicdigital/6009315724/ - broken link) by imagic digital (http://www.flickr.com/people/imagicdigital/ - broken link), on Flickr

_MG_8683 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/imagicdigital/6009314896/ - broken link) by imagic digital (http://www.flickr.com/people/imagicdigital/ - broken link), on Flickr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City