Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 08:58 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,807,463 times

Advertisements

Hopefully if you move to Denver you are one of the few that has their act together. As a career oriented person I've never felt like I've truly fit in so far, and that corporate mindset out here is a joke (as is the dating scene for a guy for that matter.) And many here are just aloof and have this weird twist of being too laid back and passive aggressive. Some of the worst dates I've been on are girls who are in "transition mode" with their careers. I just get a weird judgmental attitude from some women out here that have no personality and can't think critically.

Knowing Minneapolis and the Minnesota Nice thing which is absolutely real, it's basically the same thing as Seattle with Seattle Freeze. Blame it on that Scandinavian/Germanic influence (which i have) but those are cold genetics that really affected both metros.

Seattle seems hostile to transplants and San Francisco COL is a joke. Denver Vs. Seattle might be better for a single woman, but for single guys I wouldn't recommend it. They might do better in Phoenix for that matter. But if you want redneck living, look no further than Denver. Seattle might be uptight but Denver is a Midwest bro haven.

My perspective as someone who is Bi-Coastal. Come September if I still feel this way I'll relocate back to L.A., or try Austin, or Florida. Life's too short to be treated like I'm second rate.

Last edited by N610DL; 01-31-2017 at 09:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 01:15 PM

12,822 posts, read 9,541,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro1234 View Post
Thanks Pete - that's good enough for me!
Top 6 cities are very liberal.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:20 PM

591 posts, read 819,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csl7733 View Post
Feel free to write me. I would never recommend Seattle to a single woman! If it is easy to meet people in Denver, then go there. And please know that after a few years in Seattle, the weather gets to everyone. Unless you can afford to go to Hawaii annually, it is a downer. And to boot, summer doesn't begin until July and ends in late August. Six weeks does not make summer! And trust me, I can say plenty of nice things about Seattle. Progressive, tolerant of gays, ethnically diverse, great food scene, environmentally conscious and awesome organic groceries. But dating in Seattle flat out sucks. I did it. After much struggling and wondering if there was something wrong with me, I did find someone, but it took a long time. I didn't marry until I was 36 and then I had kids at 39. I will end by saying that my friend lived in Seattle for eight years. She had trouble dating in Seattle. So she decided to move back to Chicago, and I encouraged her to. Within six months, she had a boyfriend; within a year she was engaged. Within two years she was married. All of our mutual friends and I joked that she had to leave the state of WA to find someone. Denver seems like a much friendlier dating scene!
Right... because no one in Seattle finds love before the age of 36....

Lame excuse for socially awkward people.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
Hopefully if you move to Denver you are one of the few that has their act together. As a career oriented person I've never felt like I've truly fit in so far, and that corporate mindset out here is a joke (as is the dating scene for a guy for that matter.) And many here are just aloof and have this weird twist of being too laid back and passive aggressive. Some of the worst dates I've been on are girls who are in "transition mode" with their careers. I just get a weird judgmental attitude from some women out here that have no personality and can't think critically.

Knowing Minneapolis and the Minnesota Nice thing which is absolutely real, it's basically the same thing as Seattle with Seattle Freeze. Blame it on that Scandinavian/Germanic influence (which i have) but those are cold genetics that really affected both metros.

Seattle seems hostile to transplants and San Francisco COL is a joke. Denver Vs. Seattle might be better for a single woman, but for single guys I wouldn't recommend it. They might do better in Phoenix for that matter. But if you want redneck living, look no further than Denver. Seattle might be uptight but Denver is a Midwest bro haven.

My perspective as someone who is Bi-Coastal. Come September if I still feel this way I'll relocate back to L.A., or try Austin, or Florida. Life's too short to be treated like I'm second rate.
If you think Denver is redneck, wait till you get to Florida. It's the south........

Old 08-04-2017, 09:57 AM

1,849 posts, read 1,807,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
If you think Denver is redneck, wait till you get to Florida. It's the south........
Well Florida has beaches - and attractive girls flock to the beaches, especially in Florida. In Orlando, I'd agree with you.

Old 08-11-2018, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 644 times
Where did you end up? I am considering the same options and I'm very curious.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N610DL View Post
Well Florida has beaches - and attractive girls flock to the beaches, especially in Florida. In Orlando, I'd agree with you.
Denver has a lot of attractive women. But hey, maybe the south is more your flavor. I'm in SC right now, it's definitely interesting.

Old 08-11-2018, 10:14 AM

3,733 posts, read 2,885,098 times
Lol, why are people responding to the OP, when this post is 7 years old? Don't you think she's moved, by now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City