Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best nightlife?
Houston 22 6.04%
Austin 25 6.87%
Dallas 18 4.95%
New Orleans 144 39.56%
Memphis 6 1.65%
Nashville 22 6.04%
Atlanta 117 32.14%
Orlando 10 2.75%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 10:46 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'm not trying to snub Dallas, and I'm certainly not about to engage in this mindless pissing war you all have going on. I'm simply saying that, when it comes to black night life in Texas, most people would likely agree that Houston offers more than Dallas.
Ya'll (Houstonains) can discredit Dallas all you want on city-data. As far as real life is concerned Dallas will always be the #1 most popular and most recognized city in Texas. I know it makes Houstonians bitter but aye the truth hurts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 10:50 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Where is the number 1 relocation for blacks this decade? Atlanta is still number 2 for blacks. Houston has never been a disneyland maybe for some Mexicans but not for blacks sorry. Houston is more like cheap knock off Sea World just no flavor are excitement.
Taste this:

PSD Detail | LEAN DRANK PURPLE STUFF | Official PSDs

Old 12-06-2011, 10:51 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,909,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Yes, there are always an interplay between cities, but the flow from ATL to Houston is bigger than that from Houston or DFW to ATL.

Look it up.

Again those that leave are always replaced by more.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Where is the number 1 relocation for blacks this decade? Atlanta is still number 2 for blacks. Houston has never been a disneyland maybe for some Mexicans but not for blacks sorry. Houston is more like cheap knock off Sea World just no flavor are excitement.
Atlanta was #1 in black growth for the last two decades. Dallas was #2 in black growth the last two decades.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:55 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,332,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
I don't understand how you can say that most people will say that Houston's nightlife offer more than Dallas nightlife...On the other hand most people would say that Atlanta's nightlife offers more than Houston's....so does that make it true?

You have to be fair in your assessment....
I don't see how I'm being unfair. Concerning blacks, yes, Atlanta most certainly offers more and has more variety. I've never argued that.

Most blacks I've known in Texas do see Houston has the best night life city for "us". If you've heard something different, then I can't help that.

No one answered me, but earlier I asked if Dallas had a website or even some kind of directory/media for black night life. Houston does.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:56 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
Quote:
number one last decade, but that is distant history. New decade love, and a major change is going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Ya'll (Houstonains) can discredit Dallas all you want on city-data. As far as real life is concerned Dallas will always be the #1 most popular and most recognized city in Texas. I know it makes Houstonians bitter but aye the truth hurts.
number one??? ha ha, that is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Houston will always be the big boy in Texas. Nothing will ever make Dallas as recognized as Houston. San Antonio is second ahead of yall. Austin will soon be third and Fort Worth will soon be fourth.

Dallas is recognized for what??? bad stereotypical TV shows???

Old 12-06-2011, 10:57 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,909,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I now understand why people hate Atlanta boosters. This thread has sealed that stereotype, sorry to the rational Atlanta members.
Same with Houston posters. I see that it is true everything is big in Houston includeing your Heads. Now lets get this thread shut down. Its going no where

Old 12-06-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I don't see how I'm being unfair. Concerning blacks, yes, Atlanta most certainly offers more and has more variety. I've never argued that.

Most blacks I've known in Texas do see Houston has the best night life city for "us". If you've heard something different, then I can't help that.

No one answered me, but earlier I asked if Dallas had a website or even some kind of directory/media for black night life. Houston does.
And there are just as many blacks in Texas that could careless about Houston, Texas.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
number one last decade, but that is distant history. New decade love, and a major change is going on.
number one??? ha ha, that is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Houston will always be the big boy in Texas. Nothing will ever make Dallas as recognized as Houston. San Antonio is second ahead of yall. Austin will soon be third and Fort Worth will soon be fourth.

Dallas is recognized for what??? bad stereotypical TV shows???
Dallas is more known for Texas, hands-down.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Same with Houston posters. I see that it is true everything is big in Houston includeing your Heads. Now lets get this thread shut down. Its going no where
Not at all, Houston posters aren't claiming anything but that Houston and Atlanta is much more equal in this area than yall think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City