Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Washington state vs Florida
Washington State 31 44.93%
Florida 38 55.07%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 05:42 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,460 times

Advertisements

Out of these two states which has the better fishing,saltwater and fresh.

Washington State vs Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 06:36 PM

354 posts, read 617,691 times
I am an avid fisherman and scuba diver down here in Florida and it is easy to see why Florida is called THE FISHING CAPITAL OF THE WORLD.

There are so many species of fish to target, both salt and freshwater. There have also been numerous world records set in Florida waters.

Fishing is an integral part of the Florida culture. You can see guys in suits fishing from piers during their lunch break. Also some of the best guides in the U.S. are found in Florida.

Granted, I have never fished in the Pacific northwest but I would find it hard to believe it is better than the fishing in the beautiful state of Florida.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:20 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,840,284 times
Tie. Actually a 50 way tie for the US. I mean nothing is better than a quiet lake or river and a fishing rod in your hand. It doesn't matter if it is a 6" brook trout on the end of the line or a yellow fin tuna, fishing is great anywhere.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:59 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,687,749 times
^^^ but when it comes to better fishing (variety of fish, access to bodies of water, weather, etc) I think FL has the edge.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:19 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Florida is known as one of the top finish spots in the world. Not much of a debate here IMO. And if you want quite lakes and rivers, plenty of those too. Even a very large in Lake Okeechobee. Just watch out for those Gators!

Old 09-02-2011, 07:32 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,460 times
Yeah I live in Florida and agree that we have some great fishing down here. I vote for Florida, but I would love to go fishing in the PNW.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:47 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Fishing in Washington is good--especially if you've got a boat out on the Sound, but fishing in Florida is just so damn easy. I mean when I'd visit my grandma out by Flager Beach to the south of Saint Augustine, we'd catch all kinds of fish just out on the canal. I mean you'd see people catch smaller hammerhead sharks on the pier. Plus if you've got a boat or can an afford to rent one or go on a trip, there's some amazing big game fishing around the Florida Keys.

Washington's has got a good mix for the west in that you've got inland trout fishing in the mountains, salmon fishing on the Columbia or Sound or other stuff like rockfish or albacore to catch... It's a great spot to be a serious fisherman and you can feast on salmon for most of the year if you're really a dedicated every-weekend type. But it just takes a little bit more effort for fishing in the Northwest.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:50 PM

178 posts, read 419,085 times
Puget sound>florida. Puget sound has such a unique array of species, and then there is also the pacific ocean, and a ton of rivers and lakes.

Old 02-24-2014, 08:11 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,458,487 times
I go with Washington because the variety of fish, Dungeness crab and fresh salmon! Florida probably easier the fish but is fishing as a sport really supposed to be that easy? So I say Florida if your a beginner or just do it for a relaxing hobby, and Washington if you want a challenge and good eats!

Old 02-25-2014, 12:40 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,041,552 times
This is a hard one... I've visited both states and fishing is my favorite outdoor sport, both are excellent. In Florida the best place for fishing is easily the Keys, clear blue water and an amazing amount of fish, including Carribean types that you can't find anywhere else in the US. Other parts of Florida are great too.

Washington also has amazing fishing, including kinds you won't find in Florida. Honestly I would say that it's a tie, but because I live on the West Coast I'm closer to Washington, so it gets my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City