Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gang Capital of the United States?
Chicago 157 50.97%
Los Angeles 151 49.03%
Voters: 308. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 12:24 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,643,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Eat Candy View Post
People are actually proud of this s***?
People with messed up priorities I guess.

Old 05-13-2015, 06:37 PM

2 posts, read 3,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long beach crab killa View Post
First of California has more gangs because you are leaving out large cities such as Long Beach, Compton,Paramount, San Diego, Santa Ana and hundreds more cities with sustaining gang problems and Illinois only has Chicago making noise the reason there's more gang in Chicago than LA is because all the gangs are concentrated in one city as in LA gangs are spread throughout California and the county...overall California has much more gangs than Illinois. You have crips, bloods and Surenos in Chicago and you don't have any Chicago gangs that have actual hoods in LA. F~CHICAGO BTW
There are no "crips, bloods, and Surenos" in Chicago, who told you that? Smack them because they lied to you. If you are going to speak about Chicago at least know what you are talking before you spread lies. The 13s that are in Illinois are fake and are in the suburbs (mostly in Du-page County) and they get whoop/treated (fact). Da 13s here either drop that **** and go as neutrons or they flip (fact). They must have watched too much American Me and Blood in Blood out. Basically they are confused because they claim LA **** but want to act like they in a Chicago gang (fact). And in case you didn't know, there is a Chicago gang (BPS) currently in LA and has been in LA for a very long time (fact). You heard of "Da Jungle," right? Of course you have since you claim to be a "long beach crab killa" ha ha

Old 05-13-2015, 06:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,052 times
I didn't read all the posts but the ones that I did read, I would say about 99.9% of the things that were said about Chicago was not truthful. I cannot stress this enough that if you are going to talk about something at least know what you are talking about before you speak or don't speak and if you do make sure they are facts. Don't just guess and assume something especially don't come one here saying, "Well I heard from so and so." Be truthful when you talk about something, don't be fake and lie about something you know nothing about. It just makes you look fake, a person who can't keep it real and should not be taken seriously. If you don't know something or not quite sure about something then just don't say anything and keep it moving, it's that simple.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:52 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,109,900 times
Ironic considering all the things you said "(fact)" after..

Old 10-11-2015, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,331 times
Chicago Is The Bloodiest City In U.S ..L.A Has Way more Gangs While Chicago Has 6 Gangs Doing All The Killings In The City Plus All Chicago Gangs Were Made In Chicago ..Some Gangs in L.A Migrated . The gangs Mainly Controlling Chicago Are -black Stones,Mcs -Gangster Disciples -Black Disciples - Vice Lords,4ch -Latin Kings -&Satan Disciples ...The Reason No Bloods Or Crips n chicago is because They was Influenced by 2 chicago Gangs . Crips culture came from Gangster Disciples and Blood Cultures Come from Black P Stones .. Google Jeff Fort & Larry Hoover The Too Most Powerful Black Gang Leaders In America

Old 10-11-2015, 11:52 PM

650 posts, read 867,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
Detroit is #1 by far, but I would have to go with Chicago. Not only do they have the black gangs, they also have an established Costa Nostra presence.
WRONG. Try again.

Old 10-11-2015, 11:56 PM

650 posts, read 867,729 times
As far as if chicago or Los angeles has more gangs/ gang members, it's Chicago. I'm orginally from Michigan so maybe since Chicago use to be our "neighbor" I heard about it more. But let me tell you about Chicago. The murders in Chicago is crazy. There are 10 year olds in gangs in Chicago. Chicago has some very very dangerous areas that you do not want to be in after dark ...or really day.

Yes both cities have gangs but I believe it's more prevalent in Chicago. The gang activity in Chicago is huge. I have a friend who lives in Chicago who lives in a bad area and they say it's crazy and they are scared being shot after dark. Standing on the wrong street you could get shot.

The gangs in Chicago are the most violent gangs in America. South Chicago gangs, dear lord have mercy on you. Your more likely to get shot than anything else. I was watching the news and the news reporter was talking to some dudes and they were "they shooting watch out".

Old 10-12-2015, 12:16 AM

100 posts, read 189,473 times
Its seems Chicago will be next innovators of "Gangsta Rap"

Old 10-12-2015, 07:50 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,279,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalballmagic View Post
As far as if chicago or Los angeles has more gangs/ gang members, it's Chicago. I'm orginally from Michigan so maybe since Chicago use to be our "neighbor" I heard about it more. But let me tell you about Chicago. The murders in Chicago is crazy. There are 10 year olds in gangs in Chicago. Chicago has some very very dangerous areas that you do not want to be in after dark ...or really day.

Yes both cities have gangs but I believe it's more prevalent in Chicago. The gang activity in Chicago is huge. I have a friend who lives in Chicago who lives in a bad area and they say it's crazy and they are scared being shot after dark. Standing on the wrong street you could get shot.

The gangs in Chicago are the most violent gangs in America. South Chicago gangs, dear lord have mercy on you. Your more likely to get shot than anything else. I was watching the news and the news reporter was talking to some dudes and they were "they shooting watch out".
Did you know that in 2012, Illinois had the 7th lowest rate of white murder victims

In Chicago according to Wikipedia....76% Of victims 77.4% of offenders were African American, 18.3% were Hispanic (17.3% of offenders), and 5.6% were white (5.3% of offenders).

The black murder victimization rate was approximately 34 per 100,000; the Hispanic rate was 11 per 100,000, and the white rate 3 per 100,000
  • Victims of gang-related murders: 70% Black, 26% Hispanic, 3% White; 93% male. Offenders in gang-related murders: 76% African American, 20% Hispanic, 3% white; 99% male.
  • Victims of domestic-related murders: 79% African American, 10% Hispanic, 11% white.
  • Victims of armed robbery—related murders: 68% African American, 13% Hispanic, 19% white, 89% male. Offenders in armed robbery—related murders: 87% African American, 9% Hispanic, 4% white; 93% male.
I think it is not hard to note..... If White in Chicago. You are MUCH SAFER then just overall statistics. Also if you live on the North side vs. the higher crime neighborhoods of the Southside.

These were 2005 stats. But the ethnic %'s are probably the same.

And even Pittsburgh is more murderous than Chicago.

Chicago murder rate: 15.1 murders per 100,000.
Pittsburgh murder rate: 22.4 murders per 100,000.

Chicago had 931 murders in 1994. Considerably higher. Though today's rate gets no boasting.

And the murder rate has actually been dropping in Chicago. Chicago was much more violent between the 1970s-1990s.

Chicago has 2.7 million people. Average murder rate is around 16 murders per 100,000. Baghdad has a murder rate around 34 murders per 100,000.

Murder rates are up 40-70% this year in many major cities.

Summer of bloodshed as US murder rates rise

Even Houston and Dallas saw Double-Digit increases in crimes.

Old 10-12-2015, 10:44 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,191,557 times
^ well I think everyone knows that the nort side and central areas of the city are quite safe and the homicide rate for whites (and asians) overall is very very low, something like 2 per 100,0000 - but that doesn't discount the fact that the 1/3 of the people living in the high crime areas of the city don't have it really bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City