Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Los Angeles vs. San Francisco
Los Angeles 132 38.26%
San Francisco 213 61.74%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:06 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,886 times

Advertisements

Artest deserved the game 7 mvp, but overall you gotta give it to Kobe, he is truely a leader.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:06 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I was on twitter just browsing the other day and came upon some New Yorkers tweeting "Let's go Boston!".....are you serious?! Rule #1 in NY Sports rulebook = Never ever root for a Boston or a Philadelphia team. If your from New York and you root for a Boston team, consider yourself no longer a New Yorker, thats total betrayal. Being from NY and rooting for Boston or Philly is like being a Crip and rooting for a Blood to beat up one of your Crip homies.
I'm a Heat fan, and the Celtics beat us in the 1st round, so I wasn't going for them fools. And plus Miami and Boston already have the Pats/Dolphins AFC East rivalry, so you already know I hate ALL Boston teams.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:11 AM

Give Pau Gasol credit. KILLING those rebounds. I mean, the Lakers had HEART!!! They were down 13 and made a HUGE comeback in the the 3rd quarter.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
To represent my area of LA, here's Jordan Farmar out of Tarzana, CA!

He went to Middle School with my brother (went to Portola MS), and Taft High School (where a bunch of my friends went), then went to UCLA. Repping the LA home team. WHOO! In fact, he's probably the only person from within the City of LA on this current Lakers roster.

LAPD is shutting down all of Downtown LA right now. Good work, LAPD (never thought I'd say that!). It's much quieter there than it was last year. That's for sure.
I'm happy for you homie. I wish I was in LA right now. I KNOW ya'll are getting LIVE right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I'm a Heat fan, and the Celtics beat us in the 1st round, so I wasn't going for them fools. And plus Miami and Boston already have the Pats/Dolphins AFC East rivalry, so you already know I hate ALL Boston teams.
Yeah Miami's rivalries are pretty much the same as New York's rivalries.

2,684 posts, read 7,380,504 times
Let me just say something for this thread;

I think most of the Californian posters will agree with me, but no matter where we are from in California, we stick up for each other and appreciate the differences between NorCal and SoCal. As an LA resident who used to live up in the Bay Area for college and now back in LA, I have to say

I find that more and more, the LA-SF rivalry is becoming more and more irrelevant. Most people I have met in my generation love both places. They both make up part of the great California whole. Even on this forum, most of the California posters respect each other. That's truly awesome.

Now, if we got a state government that was as cohesive as the people, then we wouldn't be in this mess anymore. California love!

Today, its Purple and Gold love! However, LA has become eerily quiet now. LAPD and LA Sheriff cleared the streets really quickly. Tomorrow will be a different story!

Quote:
I'm happy for you homie. I wish I was in LA right now. I KNOW ya'll are getting LIVE right now.
Dude, you can make the trip here. This weekend is when the party will really start. People were already riled up from the Mexico win. Laker win. If the US wins tomorrow...wow.

YOU CAN NOT BEAT LA!

Again, good job to Law Enforcement for bringing peace!

Old 06-18-2010, 12:16 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times
Fckin Lakers baby!! FAWK BAWSTON! I hate the Celtics!! LAKERS!!!!!!!! THIS IS WHAT IS HANGING IN MY ROOM:
LAKERS 2010 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-18-2010, 12:17 AM

Pau had a huge series, he definitely stepped it up as a big man.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:19 AM

Ah man, Celtics vs. Lakers, I love it, New Yorkers and Angelenos can really unite when it comes to series' like this. I love the "Buck Foston" shirts, "Beat Boston", the little dude pissing on the Celtics sign. I love it.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:22 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I was on twitter just browsing the other day and came upon some New Yorkers tweeting "Let's go Boston!".....are you serious?! Rule #1 in NY Sports rulebook = Never ever root for a Boston or a Philadelphia team. If your from New York and you root for a Boston team, consider yourself no longer a New Yorker, thats total betrayal. Being from NY and rooting for Boston or Philly is like being a Crip and rooting for a Blood to beat up one of your Crip homies.
I know, I think most NYers were rooting for the Lakers, it was more than just "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" too lol.

Quote:
Son, You don't know how happy I am for Ron Artest. He's from YOUR borough. I'm so happy for him. He came through, he scored 20, and hit that HUGE 3 pointer. Ron came through.
I know, people were going in for him and Odom.

I was always a Magic, Nets, Lakers, & Suns fan. I've been an all out Laker fan lately though, I'm happy for Artest & Odom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City