Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:56 AM

214 posts, read 241,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beone View Post
Ok, I gotcha. Of course I know it's his opinion. Everything said on here is an opinion - for the most part. And yes, you are correct, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but there is something of a biased statement. Sorry, but saying Houston is a better city than SF is PURE BIAS.

I'll approach it another way....KerrTown....why is Houston better than San Francisco. Aside from being bigger in population and area...what makes Houston better. Instead of a blank comment that Houston is better - back it up. I do not think you can.
To say Houston is more better then San Fran then the eye of the beholder must be blind as a bat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 01:11 PM

374 posts, read 1,852,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowJimmy View Post
To say Houston is more better then San Fran then the eye of the beholder must be blind as a bat.
I think it's more of a bias thing. I mean.....I would challenge anyone to make a list of things that make Houston better than San Francisco. It's impossible to have more that two items on that list - geographical size and population.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:51 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,497,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
lol who wants to live in a old historic home? most of those homes looked like haunted old slave houses
Well, that's your opinion. But I'm 100% sure that the majority of City-Data members would disagree with you on that.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:52 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,626 times
Quote:

I'll approach it another way....KerrTown....why is Houston better than San Francisco? Aside from being bigger in population and area...what makes Houston better? Instead of making a blank statement that Houston is better - back it up. I really do not think you can. Houston simply does not measure up to San Francisco in once single facet.
Thats better!

Old 09-26-2007, 01:55 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,497,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Frankie has a huge presence in Los Angeles also. "Haunted old slave houses", damn, that's funny!
Los Angeles has a small amount of his houses. NYC has his architecture, too. The one I'm most familiar with is the Guggenheim.

Yeah, that was funny... If you're 7 years old. You, like Donnie, don't understand true character and architecture, typical of Angelenos.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:20 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,741,428 times
Oh, please. Discussing architecture with them? It's like you try to explain Einstein's Theory of Relativity to a blonde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Yeah, that was funny... If you're 7 years old. You, like Donnie, don't understand true character and architecture, typical of Angelenos.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:27 PM

374 posts, read 1,852,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtown1 View Post
Oh, please. Discussing architecture with them? It's like you try to explain Einstein's Theory of Relativity to a blonde.
There is some fine architecture in Los Angeles! It's not my favorite city architecturally, but I think only 4 cities beat it (NYC, SF, Boston and DC). Those are the four least typical US cities (Boston and SF are the most atypical) in terms of architecture. LA is like any other American city - some good architecture/typical.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:45 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,447,133 times
Quote:
There is some fine architecture in Los Angeles! It's not my favorite city architecturally, but I think only 4 cities beat it (NYC, SF, Boston and DC). Those are the four least typical US cities (Boston and SF are the most atypical) in terms of architecture. LA is like any other American city - some good architecture/typical.
Did you forget Chicago? Just look at the antique buildings on Michigan Ave or in the Loop. It's also the birthplace of the skyscraper.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:57 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,741,428 times
I respect your OPINION but all I can say is.... you know nothing about architecture.

Quote:

Old 09-26-2007, 05:42 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,626 times
that inspires me for a new Thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City