Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:33 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,991,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Yes you are right, no one in Miami has careers. Well just leave you comment at that.
You know what a job is?

Just
Over
Broke

People in Miami have slews of these things in the retail, service, and hard labor industries. They have almost no careers out there, just look at how underrepresented they are in companies and white collar jobs.
Quote:
I responded because I was pointing out the facts established in the report you gave us. At least indicate that you added cities to seattles numbers.
Ok so I did. Miami has no CSA, sorry Joe, sorry that I had nothing to work with from your metro's end. Now at least own up to Miami being much less productive than Seattle, MSA comparison between the two.

Seattle $242B/3.5M people
Miami $260B/5.5M people

Which one do you think is more productive?
Quote:
As for your final comment I quoted you have to be kidding me right? Seriously, I guess you westerners don't have good memories. N
Yeah I felt bad, thought you were a 23 year old kid who was sad that I was ripping your city a new one, so I tried to give you a consolation by saying your other city according to your location box is actually respectable. What does that have anything to do with western memory?
Quote:
YOU asked me why I care.
I did no such thing
Quote:
YOU stated, "I see you live in DC so why do you care."
I said that your other city DC has a respectable economy. See how much you just exaggerated?
Quote:
So it's ok for YOU to ask me why I care because one of the cities i live in is DC.
I NEVER ASKED IF YOU CARED!

If your talking about me saying you care about this thread then yes, you do and I said that. I never asked why you care about Miami, I can read kid, I see it in your location.
Quote:
But me asking you why you care being from California is some crazy obsession us easterners have. Talk about good logic
I don't understand this....

Listen kid, I'm not going to rip on your city anymore so calm down and use a cleanex, but how can you deny that Seattle is more productive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 10:39 AM

300 posts, read 524,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainrock View Post
This image kind of backs up the notion that Trenton not being in the Philadelphia MSA or even its CMSA is a flat out joke.
No, this is evidence that you don't understand MSA or CMSA classifications.

Again, they have NOTHING to do with relative distance from city centers.

They also have NOTHING to do with individual cities like Trenton. They're based on counties, not cities.

A county could be 100 miles from Philly and part of the MSA. Or it could be right next to Philly, and not in the MSA. I'm not sure why this is hard to understand.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:15 PM

37,155 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Street View Post

They also have NOTHING to do with individual cities like Trenton. They're based on counties, not cities.

A county could be 100 miles from Philly and part of the MSA. Or it could be right next to Philly, and not in the MSA. I'm not sure why this is hard to understand.
y'all just love the crosstalk, don't y'all?

Old 07-26-2012, 12:58 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,550,899 times
Good for Seattle and good for everyone else.

As long as the economy grows, I'm happy.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:46 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,218,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Street View Post

Trenton/Ewing/Hamilton which is right across the Delaware River ecompasses 80% of the population of Mercer County NJ. It is an absolutely ridiculous assertion that Mercer is part of NYC and not Philly. Its not a commuter issue its a political issue.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:38 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
Seattle passing Miami in GMP is sort of a fluke in a way. Miami doesn't even have a CSA while the Seattle CSA has a total of 6 different MSAs.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:27 AM

571 posts, read 1,174,197 times
Doesn't really matter. The Seattle MSA really punches way above its weight population wise. It almost matches Miami's MSA GMP number with 2 million fewer people. Not too shabby.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:50 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Seattle passing Miami in GMP is sort of a fluke in a way. Miami doesn't even have a CSA while the Seattle CSA has a total of 6 different MSAs.
exactly comparing 6 metros with one is silly.

Its like 6 kids gloating that they can beat up one kid. Big deal

Old 07-27-2012, 02:07 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,991,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
Its like 6 kids gloating that they can beat up one kid. Big deal
And they can. Seattle's mob is 4 deep and still has less people than Miami by 1.5M and more firepower. Got to love it! LOL

Old 07-30-2012, 07:59 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,959,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
And they can. Seattle's mob is 4 deep and still has less people than Miami by 1.5M and more firepower. Got to love it! LOL
Not really. These are being based off of 2010 census figures, the metropolitan areas for the time being are almost useless. They will be redefined in a few months.

But I get no amusement from comparing 6 metros to one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City