Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2015, 06:24 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,406,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
And what exactly makes your opinion more valid than anyone else's?
My tongue is naturally calibrated to make such determinations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 06:36 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,788,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisonn View Post
My tongue is naturally calibrated to make such determinations
Ohhh okay.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:42 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,406,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Ohhh okay.
Obviously if you saw the last part of my post you would have seen my reasoning, "best ...... cuisine" is arbitrary therefore the only thing one can go on is numbers, higher numbers = more competition which in turn = better food, wouldn't you agree?

Old 12-16-2015, 06:47 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,992,528 times
Houston seriously underrated when it comes to food. They have some true stuff. I applaud that.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:55 PM

2,322 posts, read 2,992,528 times
Where is ATL on this list? Why can't the most viable city in the South can't get its act together. It could be a food mecca but it is seriously lagging in respect to its size.

The seafood in Seattle is top 2. Maybe somewhere in New England it would be better.

SF is great, but maybe I'm just missing what is so much better about it then NYC or LA. I've never been to Chicago so that is the first place I need to go to try some new eats.

Miami, besides Cuban...dear g-d.

& DC....I don't know how I feel about DC food. It's better than ATL but I don't know why I feel I've only had pretty average food there. I'm willing to be convinced otherwise.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:03 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,519,622 times
1. New York

{giant chasm}

2. San Francisco

[gap]

3. Chicago

{giant chasm}

4. Los Angeles
5. Philadelphia

Old 12-16-2015, 07:37 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,437,875 times
Quote:
Obviously if you saw the last part of my post you would have seen my reasoning, "best ...... cuisine" is arbitrary therefore the only thing one can go on is numbers, higher numbers = more competition which in turn = better food, wouldn't you agree?
There's no way Houston has better vietnamese. Only Texans would say that.

Old 12-16-2015, 07:42 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,472,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn.Davenport View Post
1. New York

{giant chasm}

2. San Francisco

[gap]

3. Chicago

{giant chasm}

4. Los Angeles
5. Philadelphia
Wait what? You really think that Chicago is that better in terms of food compared to LA??????

Old 12-16-2015, 07:54 PM

414 posts, read 508,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
Wait what? You really think that Chicago is that better in terms of food compared to LA??????
I hate LA like the next guy, but there is no way that LA is below any city other than New York. SF does not even come close.

In fact, for overall quality of food (not options), I'd say that LA is the best.

NYC might have a better variety of cuisines (Venezuelan, Pakistani, etc.), but the average Chinese corner store, ramen shop, Taqueria, Persian restaurant etc. is better in LA. LA also has a better range of cheap to expensive food options.

LA is located next to the largest agricultural region in the US, allowing a lot of produce to be more fresh than NYC.

Chicago is good for white people food, New York is good for expensive dining, and SF has good Asian food. LA has all of these options.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:33 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,788,728 times
Quote:
Sure, but the first part of your post seemed to be talking about these cities as a whole; not just their Vietnamese food.

For what it's worth, I can't tell you how many times I've heard how underwhelming the DC food scene is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City