Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: City That Should Be Crowned D-Town
Dallas 39 34.21%
Detroit 75 65.79%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 08:24 PM

295 posts, read 591,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
From...? "LOL " Seriously, how old are you...? Unless you can come up with a more intelligent post, or a more witty way of trolling that might catch my interest, this will be my last post to you. Your childish responses that say nothing because you have nothing to say are a dime a dozen online, either enter the discussion with something meaningful or leave debates to grownups... You sound like you have some sort of inferiority complex and need to bash other cities to make yourself feel better, get past this as it adds nothing to the discussion and just makes you look bad to the more informed.
Oh my, someone is on the offensive now. Cry me a river

I'd be lying if I said Detroit was paradise. You and me both know that, the whole Metro of Dallas is what Detroit wish it could ever be, or ever was. Get a hold of yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2012, 08:27 PM

793 posts, read 1,112,540 times
I grew up about an hour north of the Metroplex, in southern Oklahoma, and Dallas was always known as Big-D to me.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:34 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,046 times
I didn't badmouth Detroit, but now I will.

Unless you've lived under a rock in the last decade you know Detroit has huge problems. It's population fell by 25 percent between 2000 and 2010. On the other hand, the Dallas area is taking off economically and civically. Our arts district is big, a lot of the buildings are designed by high-profile prestigious "starchitects" that most cities like Detroit can't afford. Dallas just completed it's newest $182 million landmark bridge, designed by Santiago Calatrava. Our Uptown, downtown, and suburbs are all growing and you see construction everywhere.

Meanwhile, it seems like Detroit is still falling to pieces...

Old 08-18-2012, 10:26 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,309,136 times
I didn't know that either city was known as "D-Town"

I've heard Detroit referred to as "The D"

It's So Cold in the D - YouTube

Old 08-18-2012, 10:40 PM

6 posts, read 6,405 times
D-town is Philly... Phil-e-D-town-elphia.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:46 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan from NM View Post
I don't know how you can tell a persons feelings when you are communicating through the internet lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post

Unless you've lived under a rock in the last decade you know Detroit has huge problems. It's population fell by 25 percent between 2000 and 2010. On the other hand, the Dallas area is taking off economically and civically. Our arts district is big, a lot of the buildings are designed by high-profile prestigious "starchitects" that most cities like Detroit can't afford. Dallas just completed it's newest $182 million landmark bridge, designed by Santiago Calatrava. Our Uptown, downtown, and suburbs are all growing and you see construction everywhere.

You said "Detroit has nothing going for it" which is pretty childish to say when all we are doing is discussing nicknames. i know Detroit has alot of problems, but how is Dallas? you got a new bridge, thats great but your city has a population over 1 million and your downtown has the vibrancy of a city with a population of 400,000.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:48 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,887,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan from NM View Post

I'd be lying if I said Detroit was paradise. You and me both know that, the whole Metro of Dallas is what Detroit wish it could ever be, or ever was. Get a hold of yourself.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! crying laughing, especially at the last part lmao.

Quote:

Detroit's downtown, midtown, and corktown is growing. Buildings are being revitalized everywhere and were getting a new bridge to connect to Canada (to go along with another bridge and a tunnel). We are going through hard times and has huge problems right now yes but Detroit will never (even at it's weak/ low point) WANT to be like Dallas. ESPECIALLY the entire Metro Detroit.

Wait a minute... isn't this supposed to be a "NICKNAME" discussion, not another "my city is better than yours discussion".

Old 08-18-2012, 11:05 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post

Doing a nice disservice to your city there by badmouthing another. There is no need for that.

Old 08-18-2012, 11:09 PM

For real? I thought so too, until I was asked a question... Keep up!

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 08-18-2012 at 11:25 PM..

Old 08-18-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
And what good is coming out of Dallas? the Jonas Brothers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! crying laughing, especially at the last part lmao.

Detroit's downtown, midtown, and corktown is growing. Buildings are being revitalized everywhere and were getting a new bridge to connect to Canada (to go along with another bridge and a tunnel). We are going through hard times and has huge problems right now yes but Detroit will never (even at it's weak/ low point) WANT to be like Dallas. ESPECIALLY the entire Metro Detroit.

Wait a minute... isn't this supposed to be a "NICKNAME" discussion, not another "my city is better than yours discussion".
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
I don't know how you can tell a persons feelings when you are communicating through the internet lol.

You said "Detroit has nothing going for it" which is pretty childish to say when all we are doing is discussing nicknames. i know Detroit has alot of problems, but how is Dallas? you got a new bridge, thats great but your city has a population over 1 million and your downtown has the vibrancy of a city with a population of 400,000.
Lol... If its a nickname discussion, stop asking me why Dallas is better; because I will answer

Our downtown is a business district, like most large cities our night life isn't centered in our downtown. Uptown, Oaklawn, and Greenville avenue more than make up for Downtown's lack of vibrancy, but what our downtown does have is jobs, unlike Detroit's...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City