Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 03:22 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Street View Post
These are metropolitan stats, not city stats. I would be surprised if Detroit proper has much to do with these numbers.

Metro Detroit is a fairly healthy and prosperous region. It isn't really poorer or more decayed than other regions. The difference is that the city center, which is a small part of the overall metropolitan area, is severely decayed in parts.
It's still good for the metro because it lost population at the last census.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 04:05 AM

3,131 posts, read 9,376,647 times
2000 - 2011 Texas supplied 52% of the new jobs in the country. Low taxes are blamed.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:51 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
2000 - 2011 Texas supplied 52% of the new jobs in the country. .
Well, what's your excuse for 2012?
Quote:
California added 365,100 new non-farm jobs in the year ending in July, while Texas only added 222,500, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
This is from today btw.
TexMessage: Rick Perry, beware — California tops Texas in job creation | Texas on the Potomac | a Chron.com blog

Old 08-30-2012, 05:56 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,991,491 times
Washington 0.8% growth?

Well good. Good, good, excellent actually. Great news. Slow that place down in its tracks. It shouldn't have been booming the way it was in the first place, I loathe that industry. Stealing from Americans then building bridges and train tracks with that money. I hope they never boom again the way they did the last 6 years.

They have the nerve to take $400B from my state in our federal taxes and then come fishing for our companies to lure them to Washington with tax breaks they fueled with the tax money they collected from us. Hope it slows down even more, 0.3% sounds more reasonable for Washington.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:39 PM

10,111 posts, read 9,976,086 times
S/O to Detroit. The city has jobs, the Lions are on the cover of Madden..#winning!

Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 PM

37,157 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Is that percentage stat for the larger CSA or the smaller MSA? Good news no matter what, but MSA or CSA measurements could change the stats quite a bit.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:41 AM

13,728 posts, read 15,765,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
Washington 0.8% growth?

Well good. Good, good, excellent actually. Great news. Slow that place down in its tracks. It shouldn't have been booming the way it was in the first place, I loathe that industry. Stealing from Americans then building bridges and train tracks with that money. I hope they never boom again the way they did the last 6 years.

They have the nerve to take $400B from my state in our federal taxes and then come fishing for our companies to lure them to Washington with tax breaks they fueled with the tax money they collected from us. Hope it slows down even more, 0.3% sounds more reasonable for Washington.

You better calm down before you pop a blood vessel........Oh yeah, and stop !

Old 08-31-2012, 07:43 AM

13,728 posts, read 15,765,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrantiX View Post
Washington 0.8% growth?

Haters are going to hate!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJSkrF8nhxg

Old 08-31-2012, 08:32 AM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
S/O to Detroit. The city has jobs, the Lions are on the cover of Madden..#winning!
Not so fast, there is the "Madden Curse"

The Madden Curse Strikes Again! [Updated for 2013] | Digital Trends

Old 08-31-2012, 12:16 PM

2,342 posts, read 3,991,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
You better calm down before you pop a blood vessel........Oh yeah, and stop !
DC on the left, begging on its knees. US tax payers on the right, giving alms. Somewhere in this conjuncture that's not depicted in the picture DC figured out that it can just take by force instead of begging.

Americans that pay taxes have every right to hate DC's industry, our government, and frankly DC itself because of what it stands for.
http://www.tulipandrose.net/wp-en/wp...ds/Dilenci.jpg

You can cry about it all you very well want. Its not going to stop me nor millions of other Americans from exposing your overgrown welfare dispositioned town. You're stealing from Americans, bloating your industry and your control on the US, interfering in foreign affairs, to keep those living there hungho! about DC giving you a fat paycheck undeserving from what we give DC, and worst of all taking money from us and using that money to go fishing for our companies.

The saying goes, beggars cant be choosers, and DC is unqualified to defend itself from scrutiny.

Last edited by scrantiX; 08-31-2012 at 12:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City