Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 12:21 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times

Advertisements

Seattle! I've taken a sudden interest in Seattle in the last few months. Very vibrant, I enjoy the rain, perfect metro size, and I love mountains! There are plety of landmarks like Pikes Place Market, the Space Needle, and The Seattle Great Wheel. It seems like it would just be a great vacation imo. Don't know a lot abut theother two cities, bu they don't really appeal to me from what I've researched.

Charlotte or Austin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 01:23 PM

23,459 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Seattle! I've taken a sudden interest in Seattle in the last few months. Very vibrant, I enjoy the rain, perfect metro size, and I love mountains! There are plety of landmarks like Pikes Place Market, the Space Needle, and The Seattle Great Wheel. It seems like it would just be a great vacation imo. Don't know a lot abut theother two cities, bu they don't really appeal to me from what I've researched.

Charlotte or Austin
I would have to say Austin. My impression is that there's more going on there on any given weekend. Plus I love the Hill Country.

Milwaukee or Minneapolis?

Old 12-06-2012, 01:27 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Lets say have a long weekend to spend out of town. For North American (US or Canada) cities major cities, medium cities, resort towns etc..... where would you prefer to spend a weekend? Choose one of two cities and tell us why you made that choice and what kind of activities you would be doing there. Then choose a pair of cities for the next poster.

let's start with....

Key West, FL or or Washington, DC?

where would you prefer to spend the weekend?

'For the sake of acknowledgement and originality pch1013 had a great idea for a thread in the world forum "where would you spend a week"? game. '
Key West, because I've never been.

Old 12-06-2012, 01:36 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Milwaukee, they have a big lake!

New Mexico or Arizona?

Old 12-06-2012, 01:39 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,956,393 times
Arizona.

San Juan or Honolulu?

Old 12-06-2012, 02:44 PM

26,875 posts, read 38,010,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentro View Post
Cape Cod.

Here's one comparing three places in North America, all are their respective country's back up tier cities, all are about the same metropolitan size (4 million group), all are their country's "rich" cities, & so on.

Monterrey (Mexico), Seattle (USA), or Montreal (Canada)?
Montreal is not Canada's "rich" city. It's more middle-of-the-road.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:48 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentro View Post
Arizona.

San Juan or Honolulu?
San Juan b/c I've never been and have been to Honolulu multiple times.

Portland, OR or Pittsburgh, PA?

Old 12-06-2012, 07:02 PM

10,747 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
San Juan b/c I've never been and have been to Honolulu multiple times.

Portland, OR or Pittsburgh, PA?
Pittsburgh, been to Portland already. I like photography and Pittsbrugh is a city I want to get on film. The setting with the hills, several bridges, and skyline look very picturesque. The history and architecture of Pittsburgh seems intriguing.

Santa Fe, NM or Burlington, VT?

Old 12-06-2012, 07:26 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,678,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post

Charlotte or Austin
Charlotte. The people are nicer and there's more things to do on a weekend.

Asheville or Savannah?

Old 12-06-2012, 07:29 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Pittsburgh, been to Portland already. I like photography and Pittsbrugh is a city I want to get on film. The setting with the hills, several bridges, and skyline look very picturesque. The history and architecture of Pittsburgh seems intriguing.

Santa Fe, NM or Burlington, VT?
Sante Fe - never been and hear great things about it

Wilmington DE or Wilmington NC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City