Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:37 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,969,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Upstate NY will never improve much as long as Downstate has so much influence. NY should be two states.
Could not agree more. Upstate New York is very small town like, more akin to New England, where Buffalo and Rochester are more akin to some of the rust belt cities, Toledo, Cleveland, Pittsurgh, etc. I cannot think of many states that have so many differences in state as New York does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 02:48 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,094,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Upstate NY will never improve much as long as Downstate has so much influence. NY should be two states.
Back in the 70's, the thinking was that Syracuse was going to boom into a semi-major metro. The thinking was that the NYC fleers would still want to live in New York State.

That never happened!

Old 03-20-2013, 05:32 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,184,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Miami is one of the few cities in America that saw population growth get bigger post recession. I have no idea why.
I'm not sure how these numbers were calculated, but if it was measured using the change in housing units built/sold then that may explain why Miami may look like it is growing so much. I'm not saying that this is the case because I don't know enough about it, but I do know there are a lot of international investors swooping in and picking up cheaper condo units in the Miami area, post-bubble. It also could just be immigration and/or migration patterns to warmer climates...who knows?

Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,511,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
My mom keeps begging me to move to Orlando instead of move out of state. Haha. My mother (and her whole family in fact) moved to Florida from Kentucky. None of them can possibly understand why someone would want to leave this state. I hate it here. The first chance I get I am moving to the Northeast.
Come to Indianapolis your welcome here with open arms.
We have the 2nd strongest economy in the midwest. 2nd to the Twin Cities and we have the nations most affordable housing market and LOWEST cost of living of any major US city.

Indianapolis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-21-2013, 11:34 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,676,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
We have the 2nd strongest economy in the midwest. 2nd to the Twin Cities and we have the nations most affordable housing market and LOWEST cost of living of any major US city.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:02 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,969,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post

You keep saying we...but you don't live in Indianapolis.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:23 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,327,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
You keep saying we...but you don't live in Indianapolis.
He lives vicariously through Indy's tourism department.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:32 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,150,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Having you realized yet that Indianapolis is the answer to almost every question here on City-Data?

Old 03-21-2013, 12:35 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Having you realized yet that Indianapolis is the answer to almost every question here on City-Data?
The poster in question isnt doing the city justice. Ive spent time in Indy and its a nice place. But whenever a poster gets obnoxious like that and tries to throw Indy (or any city) into every conversation, there is backlash.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:01 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,676,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City