Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would most African Americans Vacation?What cities would stand out as popular destinations and
NYC 16 12.31%
Atlanta 29 22.31%
Charlottle 2 1.54%
Chicago 3 2.31%
Seattle 8 6.15%
Houston 4 3.08%
D.C 7 5.38%
Philadelphia 3 2.31%
Same as Mainstream 41 31.54%
Savanah 2 1.54%
San Diego 2 1.54%
Miami 13 10.00%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 01:17 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,792,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
Regarding ATL vs SEA. Both are regional tourist destinations. The ATL region has a lot more AA residents so it will far overshadow SEA in this regards.

SEA may beat ATL as a national tourist destination - but most of the nearby recreation is stuff White People Like.
I said the same thing.People act like differences don't exist.The day I see as many black people on a mountain range as whites,that will be a day for the world to end.Not saying NO black people do it,just not many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 02:08 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,910,193 times
NEW ORLEANS ATLANTA DC NY MIAMI and Vegas are top traveling places for African Americans. Charlotte isnt a big destination like those cities listed.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...205470461.html

Last edited by Staysean23; 05-29-2013 at 02:19 AM..

Old 05-29-2013, 07:46 AM

93,239 posts, read 123,876,708 times
I don't know if anyone has mentioned places like Oak Bluffs MA on Martha's Vineyard, Atlantic Beach in the Myrtle Beach area, Idlewild MI and perhaps these places on this list: Slideshow: The best historically black beaches in America | theGrio but these are places that Black folks would and still vacation at. So, it isn't necessarily about cities and in most cases, just think of the places Black folks could always go to for vacation.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:50 AM

32,088 posts, read 34,696,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I don't know if anyone has mentioned places like Oak Bluffs MA on Martha's Vineyard, Atlantic Beach in the Myrtle Beach area, Idlewild MI and perhaps these places on this list: Slideshow: The best historically black beaches in America | theGrio but these are places that Black folks would and still vacation at. So, it isn't necessarily about cities and in most cases, just think of the places Black folks could always go to for vacation.
Oak Bluffs is that Emperor of Ocean Park, Lawrence Otis Graham, Valerie Jarrett type of vacation destination.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:12 AM

93,239 posts, read 123,876,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Oak Bluffs is that Emperor of Ocean Park, Lawrence Otis Graham, Valerie Jarrett type of vacation destination.
Don't forget the Inkwell too: The Inkwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The African American Heritage Trail of Martha's Vineyard - Town of Oak Bluffs

Old 05-29-2013, 11:41 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,679,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
NEW ORLEANS ATLANTA DC NY MIAMI and Vegas are top traveling places for African Americans. Charlotte isnt a big destination like those cities listed.

Atlanta Draws 40 Million Visitors in 2012 -- ATLANTA, April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --
That's funny because the link you posted didn't confirm anything other than Atlanta hitting 40M visitors last year. 40M that were not all African American.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:58 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,679,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I really don't care what you think.Its very noticeable that you lack the capacity for deductive reasoning and logic based on your almost scary love affair with your city.
Such a hypocritical statement. Omg.

Quote:
1)I have never said anything about Charlotte that was not true.Negative yes,but I have NEVER told NOTone person they should not go there.Its just not for me.Yet you and your band of hounds harp on anyone that says anything you don't like and THEN you get personal.
I have NEVER called you anything because I don't know you.So in that regard it is YOU that represents yourself negatively.I(ME)DO NOT CARE FOR CHARLOTTE!I'ts just not for ME.Why can;t you accept that?
No one said you said something untrue or that you called me anything.

You don't care for Charlotte, I don't care for Atlanta. The difference is, I'm civil when it comes to arguments you start.

Quote:
At least formulate a decent conversion and challenge me on facts instead hounding people for their opinion.
Your reply to what I states had nothing to do with debunking anything I said.You just basically insulted me then proceeded to give me your opinion.A very telling trick when one has no proper retort .Often used by children when they fell threatened.
If that was your cheap shot at calling me a child, you've made yourself look even more like a hypocrite. I replied to your statements of Atlanta and what you presumed as things that are not offered in Charlotte. If you can't deal with that, you shouldn't have put Charlotte on the poll.

Quote:
2)Jupiter is larger than Earth.Does that make it better?ow many people go to Carrowinds vs Six Flags?
3)You make absolutely NO sense.How can you admit Atlanta "has more offer" but somehow Charlotte has just as many visitors from Atlanta as many people Charlotte?Once again civic pride overwhelms logic and reasoning.
Why won't you tell me how many people visit Carowinds vs. Six Flags since you are the one who stated more people went to Six Flags.

I never once said Charlotte has just as many visitors from Atlanta as Atlanta did from Charlotte. Your pathetic assumption that every Charlottean, regardless of their race goes to Atlanta is obviously not true. People from Atlanta go to Charlotte too. Get over it.

Quote:
3)I created the poll as a remark was made by me that I felt African American have certain cities they prefer more than others.i voted NYC.
Savannah was chosen as one because I love it over some of those cities on the list.I forgot Nashville,New Orleans ,but I included Jacksonvile.Its comparable in some ways to Charlotte.(size)

I picked Charlotte as one because I know very well that Charlotte is a draw for probably more leisurely traveling AA's than even some bigger cities such as Seattle.

Why YOU think I created a thread to"bash Charlotte ,just does not make sense.Especially if you have read all my post since the beginning.
Not once in this entire thread did I initiate saying ANYTHING about Charlotte.Charlotte is not even on my radar other than that.You should read instead of canvasing all my post while waiting for me to mention Charlotte.My opinion is not gonna change,Get over yourself.

Difference is I can care less if you like Atlanta or not,The fact that you care so much about my opinion it obviously means what I'm saying resonates with you.The fact that yo came up with your notion because YOU don't beleive it.Basically its you projecting your thoughts by falsely accusing me for bringing it up.
You threw Charlotte on the poll because you knew you'd get called out for your city boosting over the actual point of the thread. AKA, you mentioned Charlotte. You can hate Charlotte all you want. It's obvious you're very hurt over the fact Charlotte is actually on it's way to rival Atlanta and it kills you.

All I did was correct your accusations and false claims that what's offered in Atlanta is also offered in Charlotte on a smaller, and even sometimes bigger scale. So, yes, you did say something untrue.

Quote:
5)Atlanta is overrated in some ways ,but f you are comparing AA culture and history as being comparable in anyway shape or form to each other ,then you really are delusional.
Haha, dude, where are you getting all of this.

Quote:
7)Mortons,and other "chain resturants are everywhere,but the amount of local based nationally award wining chefs and restaurants are lacking by far.Look up Miller-Union or Bacchanalia.Same is true for some of the worlds top boutique hotels or brands.
Some people (like myself) do not care for locally owned restaurants, hotels, brands or whether or not the city in which I live in has 5 stars in any of those categories.

Of course, you turned this into a Charlotte vs. Atlanta thread before I even posted here and there's no reason to continue to argue with your deluded self. This thread will be locked in no time.

Nice talking to ya.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:11 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
Where's Orlando and Las Vegas? Charlotte? Seriously?

Old 05-30-2013, 04:04 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,585,299 times
fltoNC - here's a little perspective. I have lived in/near Knoxville almost all my life. Equidistant to ATL and Charlotte. Now I am white and travel for White People Stuff like IKEA and garden tours, as well as general stuff like theme parks and concerts. I have visited ATL dozens of times - the ONLY visits to Charlotte were a couple when my sister lived there.

No offense at Charlotte - it is a lovely city and booming from what I understand. But it draws regional visitors from a much smaller region. Sure you will get ATL visitors in for a change of scenery and pace - that's the whole point of a vacation. But to the SW you will compete with ATL, and neighbors to the NE might go to DC.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:32 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,792,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
Such a hypocritical statement. Omg.

No one said you said something untrue or that you called me anything.

You don't care for Charlotte, I don't care for Atlanta. The difference is, I'm civil when it comes to arguments you start.

If that was your cheap shot at calling me a child, you've made yourself look even more like a hypocrite. I replied to your statements of Atlanta and what you presumed as things that are not offered in Charlotte. If you can't deal with that, you shouldn't have put Charlotte on the poll.

Why won't you tell me how many people visit Carowinds vs. Six Flags since you are the one who stated more people went to Six Flags.

I never once said Charlotte has just as many visitors from Atlanta as Atlanta did from Charlotte. Your pathetic assumption that every Charlottean, regardless of their race goes to Atlanta is obviously not true. People from Atlanta go to Charlotte too. Get over it.

You threw Charlotte on the poll because you knew you'd get called out for your city boosting over the actual point of the thread. AKA, you mentioned Charlotte. You can hate Charlotte all you want. It's obvious you're very hurt over the fact Charlotte is actually on it's way to rival Atlanta and it kills you.

All I did was correct your accusations and false claims that what's offered in Atlanta is also offered in Charlotte on a smaller, and even sometimes bigger scale. So, yes, you did say something untrue.

Haha, dude, where are you getting all of this.

Some people (like myself) do not care for locally owned restaurants, hotels, brands or whether or not the city in which I live in has 5 stars in any of those categories.

Of course, you turned this into a Charlotte vs. Atlanta thread before I even posted here and there's no reason to continue to argue with your deluded self. This thread will be locked in no time.

Nice talking to ya.

Wow.You are SOOO NOT CIVIL.That is the biggest joke I have heard..All you do is attack anyone who says things that you don't like about Charlotte.You have no facts and nothing but negativity.So yes children do act like that.
No one gets that upset unless they actually feel inferior.

Its there for everyone to read what you have said and how you have acted.

Atlanta is not on par with NYC or Chicago.It is barely on par with other cities.I can accept that because I have traveled and lived all over the worlds.

Obviously you don't like "originality" because you live in Charlotte. Thats okay.I never said that's a bad thing.You may not like how I say things but you have to accept it and move on.
You live n Charlotte because you want to.Be happy and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City