Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 12:18 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,027,788 times

Advertisements

In my opinion Albuquerque,NM is underrated, we have a nice 4 seasons climate and plenty of outdoor activities,on the west side your in the desert and on the east side your in the mountains.Many big name companys are locating here and the metro area is growing fast.Albuquerque just built a big movie studio and many movies have been filmed here in the past few years,Employee of the month was filmed at my work,and another movie studio(Lions Gate) is planned to be built in the suburb of Rio Rancho,I think many people dont even know what state Albuquerque is in,I remember on the news when they were placing the hurricane katrina victims in other cities,a lady said "when I heard we were going to Albuquerque I was like alright cool,but then when they said New Mexico we were freaking out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2007, 12:35 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,798,905 times
I do agree with MSNBC.com about Louisville, Kentucky!!

While it's not my favorite city, I had a blast visiting there one weekend from school! It's a really pretty city with neat architecture, food, and art! I also found the nightlife to be quite interesting with neat small theatre areas, good music scenes, and quirky bars! I'd visit here again when I have the chance!

Another underated city is Austin, TX. Nobody knows how much fun stuff there is in terms of food, art, and music! They also have festivals that are kick ass!

I'd say other underrated cities are:

1. Savannah, Georgia
2. Eugene, Oregon
3. Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4. Ann Arbor, Michigan
5. Virginia Beach, Virginia (although I only went there for the beaches, but found it fun!)

Old 11-05-2007, 03:55 AM

4,180 posts, read 14,598,386 times
People tend to ignore Baltimore because of all of the other urban areas up and down the east coast like Boston, NYC, Philly, and DC but I agree with the article from MSNBC. Baltimore is really a hidden gem. I didn't expect much when I moved here but I am definitely happy I did now that I have been here awhile. There are so many parts to it that folks should take in when visiting most of all being all of the city-markets around town. That being said, Baltimore does need to do something about its poor areas where crime is an everyday occurance and also expand it's mass transit lines.

Old 11-05-2007, 04:51 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Here's us:

5. Louisville
The Kentucky Derby may be its claim to fame, but the famous horse race isn't all Louisville has to offer. Nestled on the banks of the Ohio River, this Southern city has loads of small-town charm, a cosmopolitan riverfront district, a diverse art scene (thanks to the Kentucky Center for the Arts), and a growing foodie market with its own Restaurant Row. Sports lovers should make a stop at the Louisville Slugger Museum; thrill-seekers, take a ride on the world's longest stand up coaster at Kentucky Kingdom; and history lovers, sip mint juleps on a river cruise aboard the Belle of Louisville, a National Historic Landmark.

I have never thught of us as underrated but I guess maybe we are!

Old 11-05-2007, 04:53 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
I do agree with MSNBC.com about Louisville, Kentucky!!

While it's not my favorite city, I had a blast visiting there one weekend from school! It's a really pretty city with neat architecture, food, and art! I also found the nightlife to be quite interesting with neat small theatre areas, good music scenes, and quirky bars! I'd visit here again when I have the chance!

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Old 11-05-2007, 06:00 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,538,899 times
i agree w/baltimore

Old 11-05-2007, 06:50 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert sun View Post
In my opinion Albuquerque,NM is underrated, we have a nice 4 seasons climate and plenty of outdoor activities,on the west side your in the desert and on the east side your in the mountains.Many big name companys are locating here and the metro area is growing fast.Albuquerque just built a big movie studio and many movies have been filmed here in the past few years,Employee of the month was filmed at my work,and another movie studio(Lions Gate) is planned to be built in the suburb of Rio Rancho,I think many people dont even know what state Albuquerque is in,I remember on the news when they were placing the hurricane katrina victims in other cities,a lady said "when I heard we were going to Albuquerque I was like alright cool,but then when they said New Mexico we were freaking out.
I've always liked Albuquerque. It has a great climate, is affordable, and has beautiful scenery.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:33 AM

2,247 posts, read 7,029,877 times
Indianapolis is very underrated. So is Philadelphia. And Louisville.

Last edited by Colts; 11-05-2007 at 10:43 AM..

Old 11-05-2007, 10:37 AM

74 posts, read 318,358 times
How is Austin possibly underrated, people are trying to compare it to the likes of San Francisco on this board. If anything the city is an overrated one trick pony.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:39 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,027,788 times
I also think Louisville is underrated,this forum is the only place I ever hear about Louisville other than college basketball,in the media and peoples minds in this area at least its as far away as delaware,Im sure you can ask almost anyone in the west and they never heard of Louisville.I know a few years back it only had like 200 sum thousand but they added some surrounding cities and more than doubled their pop.But they do deserve some attention, they do have a nice city going for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City