Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: East Coast vs. West Coast
East Coast 426 50.30%
West Coast 421 49.70%
Voters: 847. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 11:34 AM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times

Advertisements

Oh come on now, I love the West Coast but this one was a bad move, no bueno!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 11:36 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,702,783 times
I really didn't expect the west coast to win by this much. Things really have changed on c-d

Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,702,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Oh come on now, I love the West Coast but this one was a bad move, no bueno!
Katy perry is pure power

Old 09-03-2013, 11:41 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,110,662 times
but Snoop Dogg / Lion loves the Bay, just like he loves LA

Old 09-03-2013, 12:08 PM

895 posts, read 1,703,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
I know those are just stereotypes in the video, but that is the kind of stuff many people find annoying about some on the West Coast.

"warm wet and wild" "laying underneath the palm trees" "daisy dukes and bikinis on top" and the whole neo-valley girl schtick/fun in the sun beach culture/extremely about "image" ...

It's a culture cousin of aspects I didn't like about Florida, *puke*.

I think that is more of a SoCal thing though...

Reminds me of this video

THE WOMEN OF LA with DJ Lubel, Pauly Shore, Jaleel White, Dennis Haskins - YouTube
Yes, this video is specifically about so cal stereotypes for the most part. The culture in the northwest (Portland, Seattle) is (generally speaking), the polar opposite. Florida makes me upchuck as well.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:20 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,212,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
People are immortal and there are more wizards in the West!
LOL Sure, whatever that means

Old 09-03-2013, 01:25 PM

10,749 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalAtheist View Post
People are immortal and there are more wizards in the West!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
LOL Sure, whatever that means
As in the continuation of life beyond our physical dimensions. As in the intuitive madam that wants to reads your palm in Sedona, to the mother earth figure that wants to sell you a magic rock in Santa Fe, to the Vegas strip where its whatever you want it to be but stays there, to a little wizardry and magical nip and tuck in Beverly Hills, to the wizardly block party in Portland . Just let your imagination run wild out here, LOL.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Your pics were nice too, Tcave
Thanks, especially your L.A. photos. My 21st is coming up, and right now, me and my mother are booking a flight to L.A. for a full week September 28th to October 4th It's two days after my actual birthday. It will be very first visit to California (She's been to L.A. back in 2004/2005) and my first trip west of the Mississippi We'll be staying at the Hilton LAX, looking forward to it! Don't know where to start though, but I'm not gonna derail this thread any further with my travel plans lol.

Old 09-03-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
as in the continuation of life beyond our physical dimensions. As in the intuitive madam that wants to reads your palm in Sedona, to the mother earth figure that wants to sell you a magic rock in Santa Fe, to the Vegas strip where its whatever you want it to be but stays there, to the wizardly block party in Portland . Just let your imagination run wild out here, LOL.

LOL Oh okay. You know, one of things that I like about you guys Out West (Not just the West Coast, but the western side of the country in general), you guys can be a real exotically weird and quirky-to-the-extreme bunch at times (In a good way)

Old 09-03-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:

"Empire State of Mind" JAY Z | Alicia Keys [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

LOL You knew this was coming

I know it's mainly about New York, but since the NYC is the ultimate cultural epicenter of the East Coast, just figured why not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.