Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you prefer New York City or the Los Angeles area?
New York City 129 70.49%
Los Angeles 54 29.51%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 02:40 AM

4 posts, read 4,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
You don't qualify as a Basher,but you definately qualify as someone with a Superiority Complex.

You think NYC's Population is growing faster and you think NYC is better than L.A,while I think the opposite.
I don't think anything, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
This looks fun, and welcome Mr. GTB, the latest, greatest contradiction. Making visible the classic L. A. representations with the automobile and the movie industry all in one post, (the Italian car builder and the poser film festival) - all the while sounding familiar in a "NY is growing faster-will always rule whatever century-is just better"
"Classic L.A. representation" What in heavens do you mean by that? In reality, the fine car shouldn't really be a representation of the plebe infested hole that is L.A. is because in reality 99.95% of that city could only dream of touching a 599 let along owning one. You shouldn't live vicariously off what Hollywood feeds you, my friend.

New York is topped out and not growing? Sorry milquetoast, nice try but I don't have the energy to even reply to your ignorance so I'll just redirect you to the Census.

Southern California has more visitors than New York City? Whoops, I should have known! Half of an entire state has more visitors than New York City!!!??? New York City must be inferior in if that's the case. Aww, how will I sleep tonight?

Oh, that's right! I have better things to do with my life,..you know, like mingle with people of real intelligence, enjoy all of what this magnificent city has to offer and so on. Excuse me while I go enjoy the "classic representations" of my "poseur" neighborhood, like boasting the highest average income zip in the United States ($1,400,000), the world class dining, lounging, shopping, museums and bars and to your interest - the tasteful celebrities that live around me (Not that I give a damn, personally.)

I hope you're enjoying the beaching-and-skiing-on-the-same-day second class Los Angeles!

Old 02-02-2008, 04:21 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,208,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 599GTBFIORANO. View Post

I hope you're enjoying the beaching-and-skiing-on-the-same-day second class Los Angeles!
Primarily, 'pose', you're just waking up and it will be hours before I go to sleep here in Las Vegas. The city that (actually) never sleeps. Los Angeles is my hometown. The high class stuff can be found here, as well as in L. A., so that's a big moot for your column, buddy! I gaurantee you there will be more of your dream car bouncing around L. A. than anywhere else. I was referring to you, having an L. A. centric username (no one in New York knows how to drive a car like that- who're you kiddin') and being situated in Tribeca. (say hi to Bobby for me) I believe under the best of circumstance, New York will top out at 8.7 this time around, then drop again like it has so many times before...really! That's a liberal estimate. New York will always hover around 8 mil. The Southern California I was talking about is the Greater L. A. area, not counting San Diego. I shall direct you to Forbes list of the most visited 2006,...if you will. Then there's that subject of 'class'. Trust me, if you had it, you'd know. I'd know. Celebrities that mingle tastefully about you? Who, Matthew Broderick? If you really didn't give a damn personally you wouldn't have brought it up. Yes, you are the classic L. A. 'poseur'...reppin' the great American car culture and sportin' an address of a two bit film festival that was created just for the hell of it. "Plebe infested hole?" Yeah, let's try real hard to make that happen! Did I ever say 'inferior'? All I am saying is, you're not what you used to be, relative to the rest of the country, or the world for that matter. I'm here to let you know...

Old 02-02-2008, 04:36 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,208,107 times
Looky, a real live exotic in a real life situation, what is that? An Audi? ..meh...I don't even think this is supposed to be out until next year, but there it is, on an L. A. street! Courtesy of Kingofthehill

Old 02-02-2008, 05:47 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,429,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj2007 View Post
I'm wondering which one you guys like best. Do you prefer New York City or the Los Angeles area? List reasons why you like which city you picked and why you don't like the city you didn't pick. Picking neither is not a option.
Los Angeles.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:49 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,239,685 times
There is no comparison - New York hands down. Los Angeles has a great climate, but there's too much smog and more importantly, you need a car to get most places, unlike in NYC.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:49 AM

58 posts, read 57,483 times
Actually L.A region has had a migration in the past few years, (The Citizens of the state, of expensive real estate, high taxes, etc) the reason why the population change has not been noticed to a great extent, is because the LARGE influx of illegal immigrants is flooding Southern California (And Arizona)

Quote:
Primarily, 'pose', you're just waking up and it will be hours before I go to sleep here in Las Vegas. The city that (actually) never sleeps. Los Angeles is my hometown. The high class stuff can be found here, as well as in L. A., so that's a big moot for your column, buddy! I gaurantee you there will be more of your dream car bouncing around L. A. than anywhere else. I was referring to you, having an L. A. centric username (no one in New York knows how to drive a car like that- who're you kiddin') and being situated in Tribeca. (say hi to Bobby for me) I believe under the best of circumstance, New York will top out at 8.7 this time around, then drop again like it has so many times before...really! That's a liberal estimate. New York will always hover around 8 mil. The Southern California I was talking about is the Greater L. A. area, not counting San Diego. I shall direct you to Forbes list of the most visited 2006,...if you will. Then there's that subject of 'class'. Trust me, if you had it, you'd know. I'd know. Celebrities that mingle tastefully about you? Who, Matthew Broderick? If you really didn't give a damn personally you wouldn't have brought it up. Yes, you are the classic L. A. 'poseur'...reppin' the great American car culture and sportin' an address of a two bit film festival that was created just for the hell of it. "Plebe infested hole?" Yeah, let's try real hard to make that happen! Did I ever say 'inferior'? All I am saying is, you're not what you used to be, relative to the rest of the country, or the world for that matter. I'm here to let you know...

Old 02-02-2008, 10:13 AM

4 posts, read 3,441 times
Quote:
LOL.

New York is going to top out at 8.7 milion and drop? Thank you Nostradamus for your wonderful insight to the future.

Know one in New York knows how to drive a car like a 599? Have you visited New York? I'm guessing not.

Dream car? FYI, my father owns a 599 GTB Fiorano, among other exotics lives in The Village and if could actually afford a Ferrari, or knew anything about anything you would know that the Tri-State area (Since you've now changed this from city vs. city to regions vs. cities) sells more Ferrari's (and Bentleys and Rolls-Royce) than any other corridor in the US per the representatives the Ferrari events/case studies we attend. Have you ever wondered why Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Rolls-Royce North America, Bentley North America, Ferrari North America, Lamborghini USA and Maserati are all headquartered somewhere in New York or Northern New Jersey? Hmmm? Oh, I'll give it a shot! - New York, let alone its suburbs are all far wealthier than the Los Angeles region, so more cars are sold despite the exotic car friendly weather and better roads you guys in Southern California deal with. Duh!

Oh, and New York gets far more tourists than any other city in the United States, so I think it's safe to assume people love New York. I don't care if half the state of California was visited more than New York City, because it's just so irrelevant. Also, have you noticed that I've not said one negative thing about Los Angeles? You take this way too seriously bud. I don't hate LA, I simply don't care about it. It's just...L.A., I really have nothing to say about it but when compared to the great cities of the world, L.A. just doesn't compare.

But as someone who has access to the luxuries of life, I could care less what someone like you thinks (Where do you live anyway? Watts, Van Nuys? East LA?) and I'm shocked I would even care enough to waste two minutes of my life replying to this rubbish! I'll be out enjoying my lame, gallery filled highest-average-income-in-the-nation-poseur-neighborhood so you're free to reply, but you sure as hell won't be getting my attention this time around! I'm done with this thread.

Last edited by 599GTBFIORANO..; 02-02-2008 at 10:24 AM..

Old 02-02-2008, 02:05 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,500,679 times
Quote:
Looky, a real live exotic in a real life situation, what is that? An Audi? ..meh...I don't even think this is supposed to be out until next year, but there it is, on an L. A. street! Courtesy of Kingofthehill
Who caressssss???? I use my feet, something that is not done in most parts of this country as much as it should be. Besides, I can find way more exotic cars in Miami and Miami Beach areas. England is classic, love it. New York is all about the "Park Ave. Cars." Exotic definitely belongs to Miami.

I really don't care how many tourists NYC gets. The more they decide to go tour LA, the more I'll get to work on time.

Hollywood is a weak argument. As if Donald Trump is sitting at his desk right now watching "Laguna Beach" or whatever its called.

All I have to say is now... Look at the poll rankings.

Last edited by Futcha; 02-02-2008 at 02:16 PM..

Old 02-02-2008, 03:19 PM

14 posts, read 31,433 times
Not to go off topic but, I spotted two Audi R8s in NYC!!
Here's one I found..

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/7...8cad1eozf1.jpg

Here is the not released until the end of the year Ferrari F430 Scudiera, already in NY
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4...0e131aeeb1.jpg

And Mr. GTB's Ferrari 599, lol ...with parking tickets on the bonnet lol!. NYC all it's annoyances when it comes to parking.

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f715c22f0c.jpg

Old 02-02-2008, 03:29 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinx109 View Post
Not to go off topic but, I spotted two Audi R8s in NYC!!
Here's one I found..

Here is the not released until the end of the year Ferrari F430 Scudiera, already in NY
What about muscle cars? Do you see a lot of muscle cars?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City