Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 07:59 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
Dallas is bigger, but Denver is better! Denver is the more educated and healthy population. Denver residents are paid higher wages. We get more sunshine. Our sports scene is better! Better scenery! Our mass transit should pass and blow DART out of the water very soon with all the expansion!
Denver's pro sports teams are some of the worst in the country lol. Broncos choked this year in the playoffs even my gf is a huge Vols and Manning fan because she is from TN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 08:02 PM

114 posts, read 241,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
Well Dallas does have NHRA drag racing and NASCAR both are nationally televised. Dallas has a big theme park as well. I don't understand why Dallas outdoor activities are downplayed a lot on this site. Not to mention Dallas has a huge classic car culture scene.
Because it has very little natural beauty and is topographically very dull. Finding ideas for summer weekends away would be pretty limited for an outdoorsman like myself.

Quote:
Denver has better summers hands down. But Dallas has better winter, spring and fall weather. Denver overall is a better outdoor city but Dallas outdoor activities are downplayed. If you like classic cars Dallas is the city. If you like sports Dallas is the city. Dallas has a better skyline..
Denver is also a fantastic sports city. I also really don't like how Dallas' sports venues are way out of town. For a serious outdoorsman, Dallas has very little to offer. Dallas does indeed have a better skyline, but that's just nice to look at. Denver has a much more fun, active, and vibrant downtown.

Last edited by Shane73; 04-21-2015 at 08:50 PM..

Old 04-21-2015, 08:10 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,399 times
Denver's pro sports teams are some of the worst in the country lol. Broncos choked this year in the playoffs even my gf is a huge Vols and Manning fan because she is from TN.

Denver owns many attendance records in many pro sports.
The Broncos make it to the playoffs far more often than dallas. Dallas was ORANGE in the stands when we went there last year!
The Nuggets had the longest stretch of making the playoffs in recent NBA history. It has since ended.
We do have NHRA at Bandimere.
Our MLS team has won a championship. Has yours?
We have some of the best NLL in the US!
We have the ONLY pro rugby stadium/field.
We have multiple national championships at numerous local universities (DU/CU/Metro State)
Rockies and Avs are so-so.
But there is nothing in the dallas sports scene that is superior to Denver!

Old 04-21-2015, 08:50 PM

696 posts, read 1,169,531 times
Denver wins this for me, I don't care much for Dallas.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:15 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,694,910 times
Quote:
Denver has better summers hands down. But Dallas has better winter, spring and fall weather. Denver overall is a better outdoor city but Dallas outdoor activities are downplayed. If you like classic cars Dallas is the city. If you like sports Dallas is the city. Dallas has a better skyline. San Antonio vs Denver would be better.
Denver probably has the best sports culture in the West. And all the venues are concentrated in or near Downtown. Dallas may have a better skyline, but for its size it kind of lacks, while Denver's skyline matches and exceeds most cities its size. Plus Downtown Denver is more lively with more to do at street level.

San Antonio wouldn't be a bad comparison. Denver is in between Dallas and SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
The fact that they were in the playoffs yet you said they're terrible. Lol. Not to mention Dallas isn't doing much better.

To me, sports culture is about more than which teams are winning, but also about the cities support of their teams.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post

Denver owns many attendance records in many pro sports.
The Broncos make it to the playoffs far more often than dallas. Dallas was ORANGE in the stands when we went there last year!
The Nuggets had the longest stretch of making the playoffs in recent NBA history. It has since ended.
We do have NHRA at Bandimere.
Our MLS team has won a championship. Has yours?
We have some of the best NLL in the US!
We have the ONLY pro rugby stadium/field.
We have multiple national championships at numerous local universities (DU/CU/Metro State)
Rockies and Avs are so-so.
But there is nothing in the dallas sports scene that is superior to Denver!
Denver teams don't win championships man and I am not a Dallas sports fan, go to bed dude you are wrong on everything you write.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:43 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,399 times
Name ONE thing I am wrong on? I bet you can't!!!

Old 04-22-2015, 12:12 AM

1,424 posts, read 2,486,784 times
Do people really make relocation decisions based on the quality of a metros sports teams?

Eitherway...I much prefer Denver, but Dallas seems like a pretty cool place outside the humidity factor. The outdoors are a priority for me though, so therefore there are only a select amount of cities I would consider moving to (Seattle, Portland, Denver, Bay Area, SD...and Phoenix since I have family there too). Of course there are plenty of outdoorsy smaller cities like Missoula and Boulder, but I am speaking decent sized metros.

Denver is more isolated though, and as someone that loves daytrips and weekend roadtrips, I definitely think Dallas has more access to other major metros. Then again Denver is a hop and a skip from the alien beauty of Utah, the beautiful desolation of Wyoming, and the magic landscapes of New Mexico. Damn...i guess Denver wins in that category too (for a nature lover like me anyways ).

Old 04-22-2015, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
Do people really make relocation decisions based on the quality of a metros sports teams?

Eitherway...I much prefer Denver, but Dallas seems like a pretty cool place outside the humidity factor. The outdoors are a priority for me though, so therefore there are only a select amount of cities I would consider moving to (Seattle, Portland, Denver, Bay Area, SD...and Phoenix since I have family there too). Of course there are plenty of outdoorsy smaller cities like Missoula and Boulder, but I am speaking decent sized metros.

Denver is more isolated though, and as someone that loves daytrips and weekend roadtrips, I definitely think Dallas has more access to other major metros. Then again Denver is a hop and a skip from the alien beauty of Utah, the beautiful desolation of Wyoming, and the magic landscapes of New Mexico. Damn...i guess Denver wins in that category too (for a nature lover like me anyways ).
I like your posts man. You are one of the only non bias posters on this site. CD has become over run by trolls and idiots. Kudos you bro for keeping it real in all your posts.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:43 PM

200 posts, read 392,014 times
I wonder if Phoenix has friendly people like in Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City