Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2015, 11:49 AM

1,521 posts, read 1,947,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Most South Carolinians think this way if they do not live in Charleston.
Reason: There's nothing else in South Carolina to compare with Charleston, it's in a class by it's self.
I think for me its just that I am so used to it and it doesn't really "wow" me. Not that its not still great and not that I don't still love Charleston, I do, but its just hard for me to feel the same way about Charleston as folks who are visiting for the first time and never seen anything like it before. I mean I guess that can be said for anywhere but that's just me.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:39 PM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,421,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I'm aware of that.

Parts that are just as close to Atlanta as they are to south Florida, like Tallahassee and environs. There's something of a reciprocal relationship between Atlanta and the Gulf Coast of Florida with many Atlantans traveling there for the beaches and folks there traveling to Atlanta for some "big city" stuff.
Actually I don't see it. We often call North Florida "LA," which also stands for Lower Alabama. Now I see if you're talking about Duval County, in the Northeast. But around the Florida panhandle, I think it resembles more of South Alabama, considering the Gulf Culture, Beaches, and etc.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:45 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,980,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
Actually I don't see it. We often call North Florida "LA," which also stands for Lower Alabama. Now I see if you're talking about Duval County, in the Northeast. But around the Florida panhandle, I think it resembles more of South Alabama, considering the Gulf Culture, Beaches, and etc.
I have no clue how any of that is relevant to what I said.

Old 09-17-2015, 06:11 PM

358 posts, read 349,284 times
My friend moved to Austin and hyped it up to be the best place in the country. I have been out twice in a few months and its a great town. I just feel it was a little underwhelming, once you leave the downtown core and area south of the river it is like any town usa. Strip malls, no density, boring and generally just plain. Public transit also needs to be expanded.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:36 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,397,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Where are your facts to support these statements?
Latest FBI UCR data violent crime rates by city

Nashville - 1040 per 100k
New Orleans - 786 per 100k

Old 09-18-2015, 01:08 PM

1,186 posts, read 1,513,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
I'm dead at the fact that you sho' nuff spoke the truth with the whole L.A./Lower Alabama acronym. Because baaaaaby, when those bumpkins from Alabama with missing teeth, wrinkled skin, and dusty shoes on tell a person (who is not familiar with the regional lingo) that they are from L.A., you should see the look on their victim's face.

<------ Victim Face trying to figure out how this person is from Los Angeles.

I'm from originally from Tallahassee and spend a lot of time even still in Okaloosa & Walton Counties. I've seen tourist in Destin walk away wondering how in the hell a backwoods person as such could be from California. Lololol

Old 09-18-2015, 07:30 PM

650 posts, read 868,682 times
Overrated: Atlanta
Underrated: Charlottsville VA

Old 09-19-2015, 07:13 AM

5,002 posts, read 9,164,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isawooty View Post
I'm dead at the fact that you sho' nuff spoke the truth with the whole L.A./Lower Alabama acronym. Because baaaaaby, when those bumpkins from Alabama with missing teeth, wrinkled skin, and dusty shoes on tell a person (who is not familiar with the regional lingo) that they are from L.A., you should see the look on their victim's face.

<------ Victim Face trying to figure out how this person is from Los Angeles.

I'm from originally from Tallahassee and spend a lot of time even still in Okaloosa & Walton Counties. I've seen tourist in Destin walk away wondering how in the hell a backwoods person as such could be from California. Lololol
Hmmm interesting stereotypical analysis.

Old 09-19-2015, 01:13 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,040,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalballmagic View Post
Overrated: Atlanta
Underrated: Charlottsville VA
This probably has something to do with size/prestige, don't you think? The two are hardly comparable.

Old 09-19-2015, 01:17 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,040,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Lol you're funny, Shakeesha. But Nashville isn't on Richmond/Raleigh level?

@ninja, we're saying the same thing. I said Norfolk co-anchors a region that only produces "LESS THAN" 20 billion more. Richmond anchors 68 billion by itself. I can't find simulations, but Norfolk without VB in its metro would certainly produce a smaller economy than Rich...
But can you simply remove part of a metro and declare your city to have a larger economy. VB is part of Norfolk's metro no matter how you slice it, so there is no scenario without it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City