Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2020, 06:18 AM

5,301 posts, read 6,132,456 times

Advertisements

San Antonio - A bit less chaotic than Austin IMO.

Toledo or Akron?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 06:38 AM

357 posts, read 163,693 times
Toledo. I'd prefer to be right on the damn lake. Also easy access to Detroit.

Grand Rapids MI or Indianapolis IN?

Old 05-19-2020, 08:07 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,137,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
Grand Rapids MI or Indianapolis IN?
Grand Rapids. It's not as big, and has a lot of character. Winters would be brutal, but perfect summers with easy Lake access / proximity to northern Michigan would make up for it.

Cumberland, MD or Auburn, AL?

Old 05-19-2020, 09:49 AM

9,740 posts, read 9,529,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUMike View Post
Grand Rapids. It's not as big, and has a lot of character. Winters would be brutal, but perfect summers with easy Lake access / proximity to northern Michigan would make up for it.

Cumberland, MD or Auburn, AL?
Cumberland, MD. I prefer Maryland over Alabama. I enjoy being close to DC than that area.

Monterey, CA or Portland, ME?

Old 05-19-2020, 10:00 AM

wow this is a tough one. Two beautiful areas and I'd like to live near both. I'll go with Monterey and visit Portland each year sometime between July and September.

Grand Junction CO or Durango CO?

Old 05-19-2020, 10:04 AM

4,446 posts, read 4,361,034 times
Quote:
wow this is a tough one. Two beautiful areas and I'd like to live near both. I'll go with Monterey and visit Portland each year sometime between July and September.

Grand Junction CO or Durango CO?
Grand Junction CO. Just seems like an overall more pleasant city

Mesa AZ or Murfreesboro TN

Old 05-19-2020, 10:54 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,137,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnerbro View Post
Mesa AZ or Murfreesboro TN
Murfreesboro. Not a fan of the desert. Phoenix is just too big and sprawling. Murfreesboro is a nice college town that's far enough from Nashville to be its own world, yet close enough to take advantage of its amenities.

Easton, MD or Daphne, AL?

Old 05-19-2020, 10:56 AM

I'll take Murfreesboro and Middle Tennessee State over Mesa in this what if. If it were Phoenix or Tempe that might have tipped the scales to the desert.

I was late so I'll answer both. This is another tough one. The St Michaels/Easton area is beautiful and although I've never been I've read about how nice the eastern shore of the Mobile area. And both locations are close enough to some great beaches. I'll go with Easton only because of what I know but could easily be convinced to S Alabama.

Oxnard CA or Narragansatt RI?

Old 05-19-2020, 11:19 AM

1,876 posts, read 857,676 times
Easton was my first choice, but after some research I have to go with Daphne. Higher income, closer to the ocean, lots of water front properties and more spread out.

Not even a competition for me Narragansatt all the way.

New Madrid, MO or Sterling, CO

Old 05-19-2020, 11:33 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,972,362 times
Quote:
I'll take Murfreesboro and Middle Tennessee State over Mesa in this what if. If it were Phoenix or Tempe that might have tipped the scales to the desert.

I was late so I'll answer both. This is another tough one. The St Michaels/Easton area is beautiful and although I've never been I've read about how nice the eastern shore of the Mobile area. And both locations are close enough to some great beaches. I'll go with Easton only because of what I know but could easily be convinced to S Alabama.

Oxnard CA or Narragansatt RI?
Basically Los Angeles or Providence, I guess. I'd take LA it was a little less expensive..Providence is OK, but nothing mind-boggling..

St. Louis, MO vs. Cleveland, OH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City