Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2021, 08:55 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,917,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Sorry I forgot to answer your comparison! I'd easily pick Bend, as there's more to do there vs. in Sheridan. And at least Bend has an airport, so you could easily fly to bigger cities.

My previous comparison I posted(Mankato vs. Mason City), I'll leave for the next person to ask.
Mankato... it's larger and seems a little more cosmopolitan although Mason City has a lot going on for a city of its size.

Bowling Green, OH or Bowling Green, KY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2021, 07:17 AM

13,842 posts, read 8,130,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
BG, Kentucky. I've always enjoyed it every time I've visited, and it's within easy access to interesting places such as Mammoth Cave. Even Nashville isn't too far away. The Corvette Museum is a nice thing to have right in town as well.

Machias, Maine or Elizabeth City, North Carolina?

Old 04-07-2021, 10:49 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,585,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
BG, Kentucky. I've always enjoyed it every time I've visited, and it's within easy access to interesting places such as Mammoth Cave. Even Nashville isn't too far away. The Corvette Museum is a nice thing to have right in town as well.

Machias, Maine or Elizabeth City, North Carolina?
Elizabeth City. Better climate and like its location better.

Pueblo, CO or Spokane, WA?

Old 04-07-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Pueblo, CO or Spokane, WA?
These two have surprisingly similar average temperatures. I like that Pueblo is a much smaller metro area, and I like its location within a few hours' drive of multiple National Parks, National Forests, and mountains. I don't find Spokane proper particularly appealing, but I do find the Post Falls area just across the Idaho line very appealing - and it's technically part of the Spokane-Coeur d'Alene CSA. If I can live just over the Idaho line, I'll go there. But if my choice is limited to the city limits, I'm going with Pueblo.

Toledo, Ohio or Toledo, Oregon?

Old 04-07-2021, 07:13 PM

6,450 posts, read 5,119,626 times
The Ohio one. Could be cool to be part of the beginning of the city's hipster revitalization, and having access to metro Detroit within an hour sounds a lot better than having access to Corvallis within an hour. I bet the downtown is pretty spooky at night, though, like a graveyard for skyscrapers.

Petoskey, MI or Dickinson, ND?

Old 04-07-2021, 08:37 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,861,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
The Ohio one. Could be cool to be part of the beginning of the city's hipster revitalization, and having access to metro Detroit within an hour sounds a lot better than having access to Corvallis within an hour. I bet the downtown is pretty spooky at night, though, like a graveyard for skyscrapers.

Petoskey, MI or Dickinson, ND?
Easily Petoskey, MI. I've never been to the UP in Michigan but have seen pictures and have heard wonderful things. Dickinson looks like nothing special. I would also much rather live in Michigan vs North Dakota.

Manhattan, KS (Kansas State University's city) or Iowa City (University of Iowa's city)

Old 04-08-2021, 12:29 AM

3,511 posts, read 3,440,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Mankato... it's larger and seems a little more cosmopolitan although Mason City has a lot going on for a city of its size.

I forgot to answer this one the other day, but I had typed out my answer but weirdly(unlike what I thought) it didn't end up posting. I'd say BGKY, though the Ohio one was more interesting than I thought it'd be for how small that town is. And I might save BGOH, for a future 'where would you rather live' post(comparing it with another similar sized town, I hadn't yet determined).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Easily Petoskey, MI. I've never been to the UP in Michigan but have seen pictures and have heard wonderful things. Dickinson looks like nothing special. I would also much rather live in Michigan vs North Dakota.

Manhattan, KS (Kansas State University's city) or Iowa City (University of Iowa's city)
They're both nice, but yeah I agree with you I like Iowa City better. Like BGOH, I might save Manhattan, KS for another comparison(with a yet to be named place to compare it to, I hadn't yet decided on), for a future post. Also there's no question I would've picked Petoskey, over Dickinson.

I'm going to try something a little different now, an all Hawaii comparsion for its more southerly islands and towns. Kahului(on Maui), or Hilo(on the 'Big Island')?

Old 04-08-2021, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I'm going to try something a little different now, an all Hawaii comparsion for its more southerly islands and towns. Kahului(on Maui), or Hilo(on the 'Big Island')?
To live, I'm going with Hilo. I get the impression that it's a bit more 'real Hawaii' and not as touristy or catering to the wealthy as Kahului.

Atlanta, Michigan or Atlanta, Texas?

Old 04-08-2021, 07:28 AM

5,301 posts, read 6,129,764 times
As much as I love Michigan vacation country I think Atlanta MI is just too remote for full time living. Atlanta TX is at least close to College Station.

Anchorage KY, or Ponte Vedra FL?

Old 04-08-2021, 07:45 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,585,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlo View Post
As much as I love Michigan vacation country I think Atlanta MI is just too remote for full time living. Atlanta TX is at least close to College Station.

Anchorage KY, or Ponte Vedra FL?
Ponte Vedra, easily. Nothing again against Anchorage. It's a really nice suburb of Louisville. But Ponte Vedra is really nice too, on the ocean, and in the Jacksonville area (which I personally prefer to Louisville). Both are nice, though.

St. Paul, MN or St. Petersburg, FL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City