Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2021, 07:17 PM

613 posts, read 332,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Both cities are similar, but the states of Texas and Illinois are not. Illinois is a lot more restrictive overall than Texas, so I prefer Odessa.

Dublin, Ohio or Dublin, California?
Sorry Dublin Ohio I love Wendy's but Dublin is a suburb of Oakland and if I had the money I'd live in the one in California

Hoboken, New Jersey or Emeryville, California?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 07:23 PM

2,570 posts, read 2,908,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Both cities are similar, but the states of Texas and Illinois are not. Illinois is a lot more restrictive overall than Texas, so I prefer Odessa.

Dublin, Ohio or Dublin, California?
Dublin, CA... I'd be happy in either place as they're both very desirable suburbs but I would prefer to live in the Bay Area over Columbus, OH for climate, culture, scenery, and general amenities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
Sorry Dublin Ohio I love Wendy's but Dublin is a suburb of Oakland and if I had the money I'd live in the one in California

Hoboken, New Jersey or Emeryville, California?
Hoboken... since I already live in an NYC neighborhood very similar to Hoboken, I'll go with what is more familiar.

Colorado Springs, CO or Omaha, NE?

Old 07-05-2021, 07:53 PM

4,788 posts, read 3,088,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post

Colorado Springs, CO or Omaha, NE?
Well, that's an easy one. Omaha may be nice (don't know; haven't been there),
but I couldn't pass on having the Rocky Mtns just outside my town.
So, CO Springs.

Flagstaff AZ, or Logan UT?

Old 07-05-2021, 08:26 PM

16,597 posts, read 10,749,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Well, that's an easy one. Omaha may be nice (don't know; haven't been there),
but I couldn't pass on having the Rocky Mtns just outside my town.
So, CO Springs.

Flagstaff AZ, or Logan UT?
I've never been to Logan, but I've liked the parts of Utah that I've seen. However, I've been to Flagstaff (only once, but still) and I was impressed; I thought it was a nice place in a scenic location. So I'll go with that one.

San Diego, CA or Tampa, FL?

Old 07-06-2021, 07:52 AM

6,772 posts, read 4,571,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I've never been to Logan, but I've liked the parts of Utah that I've seen. However, I've been to Flagstaff (only once, but still) and I was impressed; I thought it was a nice place in a scenic location. So I'll go with that one.

San Diego, CA or Tampa, FL?
Tampa, easily. Though SD is my favorite CA city, there is no way I would lived anywhere in CA in this day and time. A state that is experiencing fleeing residents at the rate it is speaks volumes. Very oppressive state government has ruined a once great state. But comparing Tampa to San Diego, Tampa has great beaches, great people, much more affordable, and a much brighter future.

Chicago, IL or Philadelphia, PA?

Old 07-06-2021, 08:39 AM

613 posts, read 332,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Tampa, easily. Though SD is my favorite CA city, there is no way I would lived anywhere in CA in this day and time. A state that is experiencing fleeing residents at the rate it is speaks volumes. Very oppressive state government has ruined a once great state. But comparing Tampa to San Diego, Tampa has great beaches, great people, much more affordable, and a much brighter future.

Chicago, IL or Philadelphia, PA?
Philly, close to home

Newark, NJ or Newark, DE?

Old 07-06-2021, 10:02 AM

3,507 posts, read 3,429,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
Philly, close to home

Newark, NJ or Newark, DE?
Newark, DE. It has better stats, such as lower crime. And I'd imagine taxes would be lower in Delaware, vs. New Jersey.

Fresno, CA, or Modesto, CA?

Old 07-06-2021, 04:12 PM

899 posts, read 529,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Newark, DE. It has better stats, such as lower crime. And I'd imagine taxes would be lower in Delaware, vs. New Jersey.

Fresno, CA, or Modesto, CA?
Overall, Modesto is better, but there are parts of far northern Fresno that are better than anything in Modesto.

Arvada, Colorado or Shelby Charter Township, Michigan?

Old 07-06-2021, 09:37 PM

9,728 posts, read 9,499,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinque View Post
Arvada because it is close to both Denver and the Rocky Mountains.

Evansville, Indiana or Huntington, West Virginia?
Close call. Evansville is the larger city, but Huntington has better scenery and closer to more interesting cities.

Oklahoma City, OK or Birmingham, AL?

Old 07-06-2021, 10:52 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,929,054 times
Birmingham gets the nod. It's closer to more interesting geography - small mountains and forests. OKC has the better food, and possibly culture, but it's too isolated. From Birmingham, I could always visit Atlanta on the weekend.

Columbia, SC or Columbus, OH?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City