Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2021, 02:43 PM

3,967 posts, read 2,278,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Logan, UT. Lots of attractive, healthy people.

LaGrange, GA or Milledgeville, GA?
Lagrange. Closer to Atlanta and not far from Columbus either. Lansing MI or Springfield IL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 02:59 PM

6,458 posts, read 5,130,912 times
I'll take Lansing, I was surprised by how urban and modern-feeling it is. Springfield on the other hand I found to be mostly run-down and dated, although there are a few nice-looking neighborhoods. I did get some really good avocado toast from a cafe near the IL capitol building. If it were Peoria vs. Lansing it'd be a tougher call for me.

South Hill, WA or Pocatello, ID?

Old 08-09-2021, 05:43 AM

2,578 posts, read 2,922,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
I'll take Lansing, I was surprised by how urban and modern-feeling it is. Springfield on the other hand I found to be mostly run-down and dated, although there are a few nice-looking neighborhoods. I did get some really good avocado toast from a cafe near the IL capitol building. If it were Peoria vs. Lansing it'd be a tougher call for me.

South Hill, WA or Pocatello, ID?
South Hill... I'm not crazy about the PNW but I'd rather live in a suburb of Tacoma than in a small, fairly isolated city in eastern ID.

Wichita Falls, TX or Longview, TX?

Old 08-09-2021, 09:56 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,146,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Longview. I'd rather be behind the Pine Curtain. It has more of a Southern feel as opposed to a Great Plains feel. I think it's also just a nicer city.

Boulder, Colorado or Chapel Hill, North Carolina?

Old 08-09-2021, 10:04 AM

3,519 posts, read 3,447,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
South Hill... I'm not crazy about the PNW but I'd rather live in a suburb of Tacoma than in a small, fairly isolated city in eastern ID.

Longview. Since that location seems less isolated to other cities and towns, vs. the location of Wichita Falls. Doesn't seem like there are a lot of other populated places near there, except Lawton, OK.

One college town in Georgia that hasn't been brought up yet(and I think comparing these 2 may be interesting, as they're both college towns): Carrollton, GA, or Florence, AL?

Old 08-09-2021, 10:08 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,600,204 times
Chapel Hill. At this stage in my life, warm weather is a tie-breaker.

Cut and Shoot, TX or Kill Devil Hills, TX?

Old 08-09-2021, 10:17 AM

13,849 posts, read 8,146,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Carrollton, GA, or Florence, AL?
Florence. I'd prefer to stay in Alabama, and I also like its scenic riverside setting and the gently rolling hills of the Shoals region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
Cut and Shoot, TX or Kill Devil Hills, TX?
You must have meant Kill Devil Hills, NC. At this stage of my life I'd pick Cut and Shoot as I think it's a better area to raise a family. If I were retired, I'd prefer to hang out on the coast at Kill Devil Hills.

Nashville, Tennessee or Houston, Texas? (any Ronnie Milsap fans?)

Old 08-09-2021, 01:47 PM

6,314 posts, read 6,881,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Florence. I'd prefer to stay in Alabama, and I also like its scenic riverside setting and the gently rolling hills of the Shoals region.

You must have meant Kill Devil Hills, NC. At this stage of my life I'd pick Cut and Shoot as I think it's a better area to raise a family. If I were retired, I'd prefer to hang out on the coast at Kill Devil Hills.

Nashville, Tennessee or Houston, Texas? (any Ronnie Milsap fans?)
Nashville easy, Houston is way too hot but seems like a decent city.

Charlotte or Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina?

Old 08-09-2021, 03:54 PM

6,458 posts, read 5,130,912 times
Triangle. More urban, walkable neighborhoods in total and more of a varied feel because they're in different cities. Also Raleigh AFAIK is more educated because of the government jobs.

Duluth, MN or Charleston, WV?

Old 08-09-2021, 04:14 PM

16,729 posts, read 29,696,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Triangle. More urban, walkable neighborhoods in total and more of a varied feel because they're in different cities. Also Raleigh AFAIK is more educated because of the government jobs.

Duluth, MN or Charleston, WV?

Charleston, WV.
Warmer, mountain-y, state capital.

Tybee Island, GA or Saint Simons Island, GA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City