Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2021, 01:33 PM

3,951 posts, read 2,268,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I'd pick Evansville. I think it has more potential and I prefer its more southerly location.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa or Fort Wayne, Indiana?
Cedar Rapids. Seems more appealing. Laredo TX or Shreveport LA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2021, 06:20 PM

6,447 posts, read 5,116,941 times
If COVID weren't a thing I'd take Laredo. I'm mildly curious about Mexico and being in Laredo would give me an obvious motivation to learn Spanish and cross over on a regular basis. Shreveport looks like a big city compared to what I was expecting, though, and Bossier City looks like a surprisingly cool, trendy inner-ring suburb.

Downey, CA or Green Bay, WI?

Old 07-31-2021, 06:39 PM

4,809 posts, read 3,103,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
If COVID weren't a thing I'd take Laredo. I'm mildly curious about Mexico and being in Laredo would give me an obvious motivation to learn Spanish and cross over on a regular basis. Shreveport looks like a big city compared to what I was expecting, though, and Bossier City looks like a surprisingly cool, trendy inner-ring suburb.

Downey, CA or Green Bay, WI?

A typical LA suburb, or a place with brutal winters? I'd choose Downey.

Grand Junction, CO or Las Cruces, NM?

Old 07-31-2021, 07:22 PM

3,509 posts, read 3,439,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
A typical LA suburb, or a place with brutal winters? I'd choose Downey.

Grand Junction, CO or Las Cruces, NM?
I think I'd pick Las Cruces, since it seems to have a slightly lower cost of living. And some of the nearby national parks and national monuments (which still are administered by National Park Service), would be cool to visit. Though I wouldn't have anything against living in Grand Junction either, as that's also within a few hours of some NPS park (or monument or etc) sites too. Just prefer the lower COL, it seems Las Cruces would have.

Bisbee, AZ, or Silver City, NM?

Old 08-01-2021, 06:39 AM

2,573 posts, read 2,915,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I think I'd pick Las Cruces, since it seems to have a slightly lower cost of living. And some of the nearby national parks and national monuments (which still are administered by National Park Service), would be cool to visit. Though I wouldn't have anything against living in Grand Junction either, as that's also within a few hours of some NPS park (or monument or etc) sites too. Just prefer the lower COL, it seems Las Cruces would have.

Bisbee, AZ, or Silver City, NM?
Bisbee... Silver City seems a little more functional for day-to-day living but Bisbee isn't that much smaller of a town, and has a lot more going on within 30-45 minutes of it for jobs/amenities. Bisbee also has the cool/tourist factor which I think would be tolerable and hopefully enjoyable for most parts of the year.

Little Rock, AR or Toledo, OH?

Old 08-01-2021, 12:32 PM

899 posts, read 531,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Bisbee... Silver City seems a little more functional for day-to-day living but Bisbee isn't that much smaller of a town, and has a lot more going on within 30-45 minutes of it for jobs/amenities. Bisbee also has the cool/tourist factor which I think would be tolerable and hopefully enjoyable for most parts of the year.

Little Rock, AR or Toledo, OH?
Little Rock, due to the state capital status, so more jobs. It's growing faster, as a likely result.

Alpharetta, Georgia or Brentwood, Tennessee

Old 08-01-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Little Rock, due to the state capital status, so more jobs. It's growing faster, as a likely result.

Alpharetta, Georgia or Brentwood, Tennessee
That is close, since both of them look nice. I think to me, I like Brentwood slightly better. I prefer its parks a little bit from looking them up(and street viewing them) myself. Along with it having Deerwood Arboretum, and being near Radnor Lake State Park. And being not too far away from Franklin, also is nice.

Hoover, AL, or Germantown, TN?

Old 08-01-2021, 04:47 PM

9,736 posts, read 9,520,527 times
Quote:
That is close, since both of them look nice. I think to me, I like Brentwood slightly better. I prefer its parks a little bit from looking them up(and street viewing them) myself. Along with it having Deerwood Arboretum, and being near Radnor Lake State Park. And being not too far away from Franklin, also is nice.

Hoover, AL, or Germantown, TN?
Hoover due to it's better greenway system and shopping. Hoover is nice.

Georgetown, KY or Lenoir City, TN?

Old 08-01-2021, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Hoover due to it's better greenway system and shopping. Hoover is nice.

Georgetown, KY or Lenoir City, TN?
Georgetown, no contest. To me it has a more charming downtown, and I like how it seems to be close to a bigger city (Lexington), vs. Lenoir being further from one (Knoxville). Maybe this would've been closer, if this had been Georgetown(KY) vs. Maryville(TN)? Although I did learn Lenoir City had more of a Hispanic community, than I ever realized!

New one: Spearfish, SD, or Sandpoint, ID?

Old 08-02-2021, 09:08 AM

2,573 posts, read 2,915,947 times
Quote:
Georgetown, no contest. To me it has a more charming downtown, and I like how it seems to be close to a bigger city (Lexington), vs. Lenoir being further from one (Knoxville). Maybe this would've been closer, if this had been Georgetown(KY) vs. Maryville(TN)? Although I did learn Lenoir City had more of a Hispanic community, than I ever realized!

New one: Spearfish, SD, or Sandpoint, ID?
Sandpoint... I like its location on the lake and relative proximity to Spokane and Coeur d'Alene.

St Cloud, MN or Sheboygan, WI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City