Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2022, 11:40 AM

3,888 posts, read 2,202,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Tempe due to lower cost of living and nice homes. Nice scenery, parks, and things to do.

Concord, NC or Bowling Green, KY?
Concord. I like it's location between Charlotte and Winston-Salem. Asheville NC or Greenville SC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2022, 02:46 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Concord. I like it's location between Charlotte and Winston-Salem. Asheville NC or Greenville SC?
Greenville for sure. It's a bigger city with more amenities, and I really like how well developed their downtown is. Asheville sits in a pretty setting, but the liberalism of the town is a turn-off to me.

Roanoke, VA or Johnson City, TN?

Old 07-21-2022, 04:34 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,398,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Greenville for sure. It's a bigger city with more amenities, and I really like how well developed their downtown is. Asheville sits in a pretty setting, but the liberalism of the town is a turn-off to me.

Roanoke, VA or Johnson City, TN?
Roanoke. Nothing against Johnson City, but Roanoke has a better downtown and things to do. I like its location and scenery. I want to visit the Taubman Museum and other attractions.

Cherry Creek, Denver or Green Hills, Nashville?

Old 07-23-2022, 05:23 AM

2,544 posts, read 2,866,901 times
Quote:
Roanoke. Nothing against Johnson City, but Roanoke has a better downtown and things to do. I like its location and scenery. I want to visit the Taubman Museum and other attractions.

Cherry Creek, Denver or Green Hills, Nashville?
Cherry Creek... Both look like very attractive places to live in fun cities, but the walkability of Cherry Creek attracts me more.

Royal Oak, MI or Dublin, OH?

Old 07-23-2022, 03:43 PM

4 posts, read 1,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
Cherry Creek... Both look like very attractive places to live in fun cities, but the walkability of Cherry Creek attracts me more.

Royal Oak, MI or Dublin, OH?
Dublin, would rather be in Columbus than Detroit.

Southaven, MS or St. Charles, MO?

Old 07-23-2022, 03:58 PM

730 posts, read 815,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terr88 View Post
Dublin, would rather be in Columbus than Detroit.

Southaven, MS or St. Charles, MO?
Saint Charles, easily. I'd much rather live next to St Louis than Memphis.

Hattiesburg MS or Blacksburg VA?

Old 07-23-2022, 10:12 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,398,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloHome View Post
Saint Charles, easily. I'd much rather live next to St Louis than Memphis.

Hattiesburg MS or Blacksburg VA?
Blacksburg because I prefer more hilly regions. Also, Blacksburg is also close to Roanoke, which I like, too.

Adrian, MI or Palmer, MA?

Old 07-24-2022, 12:22 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Blacksburg because I prefer more hilly regions. Also, Blacksburg is also close to Roanoke, which I like, too.

Adrian, MI or Palmer, MA?
To be honest, neither of these places really excite me. For Adrian, I don't consider proximity to Detroit and Toledo to be a huge positive; but for Palmer, neither do I have a huge desire to be near Springfield and Worcester. Just doing some random streetviews, Adrian looks somewhat nicer. And I'd rather be in Michigan than Massachusetts, so that'll clinch it for me.

Now, for those of you who enjoy a lot of urbanization, but not to the level of New York . . . Chicago, IL or Philadelphia, PA?

Old 07-24-2022, 12:34 PM

402 posts, read 369,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
To be honest, neither of these places really excite me. For Adrian, I don't consider proximity to Detroit and Toledo to be a huge positive; but for Palmer, neither do I have a huge desire to be near Springfield and Worcester. Just doing some random streetviews, Adrian looks somewhat nicer. And I'd rather be in Michigan than Massachusetts, so that'll clinch it for me.

Now, for those of you who enjoy a lot of urbanization, but not to the level of New York . . . Chicago, IL or Philadelphia, PA?
Chicago barely.

Charlotte or Raleigh?

Old 07-24-2022, 02:00 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,376,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest2020 View Post
Chicago barely.

Charlotte or Raleigh?
Charlotte, since there's a little more to do in this city vs. Raleigh.

Oh what the heck, I guess I'll compare these 2 for the next comparison here. Springfield, MO, or Little Rock, AR?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City