Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2024, 02:07 PM

3,892 posts, read 2,205,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I guess I'd pick Pensacola, since I would like to explore the Gulf Coast area more myself. Plus wouldn't mind it was a short distance away from Mobile and New Orleans.

Galveston, TX, or Saint Augustine, FL?
Galveston. I like it and it's close proximity to Houston. Dayton vs Lexington was skipped. I'll go with Dayton . because it's larger and likely more to do there plus it's close to Cincinnati. Hattiesburg MS or Auburn/Opelika AL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2024, 03:53 PM

6,383 posts, read 5,009,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Galveston. I like it and it's close proximity to Houston. Dayton vs Lexington was skipped. I'll go with Dayton . because it's larger and likely more to do there plus it's close to Cincinnati. Hattiesburg MS or Auburn/Opelika AL?
Auburn/Opelika. Looks like there's more going on outside the areas immediately next to the college. Close to Montgomery and Columbus, GA as well -- Hattiesburg is more isolated.

Sturtevant, WI or Coopersville, MI?

Old 03-29-2024, 08:56 PM

93,401 posts, read 124,052,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Auburn/Opelika. Looks like there's more going on outside the areas immediately next to the college. Close to Montgomery and Columbus, GA as well -- Hattiesburg is more isolated.

Sturtevant, WI or Coopersville, MI?
I’ll go with Coopersville due to having an actual Downtown/Main Street business district that is pretty neat.

Marshall MN or Clovis NM?

Old 04-01-2024, 10:11 AM

331 posts, read 150,110 times
I'd take Marshall MN. Seems like a solid town located between Sioux Falls and MSP within a more progressive state.

I'd like to give NM a try at some point but Clovis looks more TX Panhandle than NM at first glance.

Austin TX or Orlando FL?

Old 04-01-2024, 10:32 AM

13,626 posts, read 7,946,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
Austin TX or Orlando FL?
Both are much more crowded and sprawly than I prefer, but I'll go with Orlando because I grew up in Central Florida and it's more familiar to me.

Birmingham, Alabama or Buffalo, New York?

Old 04-01-2024, 11:46 AM

8,981 posts, read 17,297,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Birmingham, Alabama or Buffalo, New York?
Buffalo - Specifically Elmwood Village. I also believe the Excelsior Scholarship is still a thing, so that would be useful to me as well.

Boise ID or Fort Collins CO

Old 04-01-2024, 02:38 PM

14,186 posts, read 9,080,000 times
Fort Collins. Midway between Denver and Cheyenne, and when I was young, it was the smallest city in the country with regularly scheduled trolley service — it's a Birney Safety Car maintained by a volunteer railroad historical society, and the service still runs. The city itself, however, has sprawled well beyond its pleasant center — but proximity to other cities, particularly Denver, wins it for me.

Boulder, Colo., or Rockport, Mass.?

Old 04-01-2024, 06:40 PM

3,892 posts, read 2,205,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Fort Collins. Midway between Denver and Cheyenne, and when I was young, it was the smallest city in the country with regularly scheduled trolley service — it's a Birney Safety Car maintained by a volunteer railroad historical society, and the service still runs. The city itself, however, has sprawled well beyond its pleasant center — but proximity to other cities, particularly Denver, wins it for me.

Boulder, Colo., or Rockport, Mass.?
Boulder. I'd like the Denver area better. Independence MO or O' Fallon MO?

Old 04-01-2024, 08:02 PM

2,545 posts, read 2,869,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Boulder. I'd like the Denver area better. Independence MO or O' Fallon MO?
Independence... O'Fallon seems a little nicer but it's too far removed from St. Louis's core for my liking. Independence is closer to the heart of KCMO and is big enough that I'm sure it has plenty of decent areas.

Lansing, MI or Springfield, IL?

Old 04-01-2024, 10:22 PM

4,401 posts, read 4,297,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyDaze View Post
Independence... O'Fallon seems a little nicer but it's too far removed from St. Louis's core for my liking. Independence is closer to the heart of KCMO and is big enough that I'm sure it has plenty of decent areas.

Lansing, MI or Springfield, IL?
Lansing seems like the more interesting city overall. Prefer its location and college town atmosphere.

Grand Junction CO or Carson City NV?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City