Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 12:51 PM

9,682 posts, read 9,402,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Lincoln, NE , just liked it better than Wichita

Baton Rouge, LA or Huntsville AL?
Huntsville because it is more vibrant and growing faster. Huntsville seemed much nicer overall.

Murfreesboro, TN or Cary, NC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 01:00 PM

1,901 posts, read 3,087,207 times
Gee, looks like you skipped so I'm just gonna repost:

Baton Rouge - 1.5 hour from New Orleans
Huntsville - 1.5 hour from Birmingham

New Orleans >>>>> Birmingham...so Baton Rouge

Sacramento, CA or Phoenix, AZ?

Old 08-02-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post
Gee, looks like you skipped so I'm just gonna repost:

Baton Rouge - 1.5 hour from New Orleans
Huntsville - 1.5 hour from Birmingham

New Orleans >>>>> Birmingham...so Baton Rouge

No, you just posted before me by three minutes.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:10 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Huntsville because it is more vibrant and growing faster. Huntsville seemed much nicer overall.

Murfreesboro, TN or Cary, NC?
Cary. Don't like the state politics of Tennessee.

Mobile or St. Louis?

Old 08-02-2016, 01:12 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,970,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post

Mobile or St. Louis?
Saint Louis.

Bigger, more amenities, more offerings. Has a legacy that is intertwined with American culture. Has some iconic landmarks and has a pretty good metropolitan area with a good balance of city and suburbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly Gentilly View Post

Sacramento has a great location being sandwiched between the Pacific Ocean, the San Francisco Bay Area, Lake Tahoe, the Sierra Nevadas, the gaming destination that is Reno, the stereotypical Old West (Carson City's outskirting environs in West NV), the Redwoods, and stuff like that.

However, city to city, Phoenix is the more complete place. It has more to offer, more services, more amenities, and more big city stuff.

I'll go with Phoenix off of that reason. Immediate offerings to me trump accessibility to other great stuff because I rate off of merit, as in what the human beings have gone on to build in that city over time. In that case, Phoenix is the better option.

Spokane, WA or Boise, ID?

Old 08-02-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
Saint Louis.

Bigger, more amenities, more offerings. Has a legacy that is intertwined with American culture. Has some iconic landmarks and has a pretty good metropolitan area with a good balance of city and suburbs.

Sacramento has a great location being sandwiched between the Pacific Ocean, the San Francisco Bay Area, Lake Tahoe, the Sierra Nevadas, the gaming destination that is Reno, the stereotypical Old West (Carson City's outskirting environs in West NV), the Redwoods, and stuff like that.

However, city to city, Phoenix is the more complete place. It has more to offer, more services, more amenities, and more big city stuff.

I'll go with Phoenix off of that reason. Immediate offerings to me trump accessibility to other great stuff because I rate off of merit, as in what the human beings have gone on to build in that city over time. In that case, Phoenix is the better option.

Spokane, WA or Boise, ID?
Boise definitely. Much nicer city.

Sacramento, CA or Cleveland, OH?

Old 08-02-2016, 01:32 PM

12,871 posts, read 22,035,348 times
Great choice.

SAC. I really like Sacramento. I feel like it's wildly underrated and close to so much.

Charleston WV, or Harrisburg PA?

Old 08-02-2016, 02:13 PM

184 posts, read 235,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Great choice.

SAC. I really like Sacramento. I feel like it's wildly underrated and close to so much.

Charleston WV, or Harrisburg PA?
Harrisburg PA , closer to major cities along the northeast corridor. alot more blacks and hispanics too.

Newport News VA or Durham NC?

Old 08-02-2016, 02:33 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLoFan View Post
Harrisburg PA , closer to major cities along the northeast corridor. alot more blacks and hispanics too.

Newport News VA or Durham NC?
Durham. Aside from geography, the Triangle trumps the Hampton Roads area for me.

Myrtle Beach, SC or Lafayatte, LA?

Old 08-02-2016, 02:41 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,819,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Durham. Aside from geography, the Triangle trumps the Hampton Roads area for me.

Myrtle Beach, SC or Lafayatte, LA?
Myrtle Beach for me easy. Not really a fan of LA. Plus, would wouldn't want to live in the mini golf capital of the world!

Sheboygan Wisconsin or Watertown New York
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City