Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 12:32 PM

14,180 posts, read 9,068,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
I'll go with Beverly. I have some friends there and like the area.

Charleston, SC or Oxnard, CA?
Charleston. Like Savannah, Ga., an hour or so down the coast, it's a city and a historical theme park rolled into one. Living in a place like that, I think, would be fun.

Weston, Mo., or Lynchburg, Tenn.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 03:25 PM

9,682 posts, read 9,398,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
Charleston. Like Savannah, Ga., an hour or so down the coast, it's a city and a historical theme park rolled into one. Living in a place like that, I think, would be fun.

Weston, Mo., or Lynchburg, Tenn.?
Weston, MO because there is more to do and it is closer to a major city.

Cincinnati, OH or Tacoma, WA?

Old 05-26-2018, 06:04 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,519,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Weston, MO because there is more to do and it is closer to a major city.

Cincinnati, OH or Tacoma, WA?
Cincinnati for sure. I consider it an underrated metro. I love the area.

Madison, WI or Omaha NE?

Old 05-26-2018, 07:35 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Quote:
Cincinnati for sure. I consider it an underrated metro. I love the area.

Madison, WI or Omaha NE?
Madison, easily. Of course, I used to live there, but it truly is a pleasant, lively place to live.

Minneapolis or San Jose?

Old 05-26-2018, 08:12 PM

2,545 posts, read 2,866,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Madison, easily. Of course, I used to live there, but it truly is a pleasant, lively place to live.

Minneapolis or San Jose?
San Jose... Give me the better weather and culture of the Bay Area.

Houghton, MI or Caribou, ME?

Old 05-26-2018, 09:25 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
San Jose... Give me the better weather and culture of the Bay Area.

Houghton, MI or Caribou, ME?
Interesting. Normally I abstain from playing unless 1) I know both cities in question pretty well or 2) I am very certain of my answer. In this instance neither of the above is true, but I was intrigued enough to research what I could and ultimately I'm going with Houghton. They're both places that I probably would struggle to spend more than one consecutive year living in, but Houghton would probably be more doable because of its small-medium sized university.

Battle of the two college towns that I spent time in:

Gainesville, FL vs Muncie, IN

Old 05-27-2018, 05:23 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,519,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Interesting. Normally I abstain from playing unless 1) I know both cities in question pretty well or 2) I am very certain of my answer. In this instance neither of the above is true, but I was intrigued enough to research what I could and ultimately I'm going with Houghton. They're both places that I probably would struggle to spend more than one consecutive year living in, but Houghton would probably be more doable because of its small-medium sized university.

Battle of the two college towns that I spent time in:

Gainesville, FL vs Muncie, IN
Gainesville. It's actually a pretty good college town, much better than Muncie, IMO.

Cape May, NJ or Hilton Head, SC?

Old 05-27-2018, 05:58 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Gainesville. It's actually a pretty good college town, much better than Muncie, IMO.

Cape May, NJ or Hilton Head, SC?
Cape May, a community that held steadfast to its roots while Hilton Head consigned itself over to Development Hell.

Princeton, NJ or Charlottesville, VA?

Old 05-28-2018, 04:28 AM

14,180 posts, read 9,068,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
Cape May, a community that held steadfast to its roots while Hilton Head consigned itself over to Development Hell.

Princeton, NJ or Charlottesville, VA?
Charlottesville. Mr. Jefferson's University is a more formal work of art than the one in Princeton, which is attractive in its own way; however, there is an elegance in the Lawn and Ranges that I think Princeton lacks. And Princeton Borough seems constantly in danger of choking on its own charm - it's too precious for its own good.

St. Joseph, Mo., or St. Joseph, Mich.?

Old 05-28-2018, 09:19 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
St Joseph, MI

This one was not easy. Ultimately I'm going with Michigan cause I came across it a few months ago when folks were recommending beautiful second home locales. St Joseph, MI seems awesome in the summertime. It is also part of a slightly larger MSA and has a lower poverty rate (though both are over the national avg) Western Michigan is also much larger than the university that is in St Joseph, MO.

Nashville vs Austin

P.S. I am probably the last one to discover that this game is a fun way to discover new cities. I used to think I needed to know the cities if I was going to play, but I'm now realizing it's a cool way to do some research on places I dont know. Lol...so thanks to all those keeping this going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City