Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ?
Chicago 18 51.43%
Detroit 7 20.00%
Philly 5 14.29%
St. Louis 3 8.57%
Baltimores 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 09:46 PM

11 posts, read 9,853 times

Advertisements

Chicago, Detroit, Philly, Baltimore, St. Louis best baseball park, architecture, pizza, dogs, beer, whiskey, clubs, nabes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2015, 10:18 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,279,693 times
Chicago of course. Wrigley Field, Deep Dish Pizza, and Chicago-style Hot Dogs. OMG Architecture YES. Its neighborhoods Housing to Downtown Skyscrapers.

The Chicago Skyline.....

The Chicago-style Hot Dog

Old 08-13-2015, 10:32 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,963,986 times
Baltimore for best ballpark,for all other, I'm sure all ballparks what those in quality and quantity. Our ballpark is the first modern retro, and is downtown, so location can't be beat.

Old 08-13-2015, 11:23 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,428,286 times
Best Ballpark: Having been to a few of the listed cities' respective parks, the new Busch Stadium in STL wins without a doubt. Super clean and comfortable, and is surrounded by a crazy fun nightlife area.

Best Pizza: Chicago, not even a contest

Architecture: Chicago's skyscrapers are tough to beat

Beer: St. Louis; Anheuser-Busch, Schlafly, Urban Chestnut, Kraftig, among others

Old 08-14-2015, 05:35 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
Best ballpark: all of these cities have nice ballparks, but Wrigley is iconic and with the new renovations is starting to mix some modern in. all these cities have good arguments, but I would go with Chicago.

Best Pizza: Chicago, and I hate deep dish. It took me a while to find pizza I liked when I first moved to Chicago. The deep dish overshadows their thin crust options, but there are some awesome pizza joints throughout the city for thin crust lovers.

Best architecture: Overall, I would personally go with Philadelphia. For just downtown I'd pick Chicago, but Philly (and Boston) have the perfect blend on modern-urban and historic. The new architecture is nice, but there is a charm to the historic architecture and when mixed right with modern architecture, it's really nice.

Beer: Kind of hard to judge on city-level but I'd probably go with St. Louis. There are some great breweries there, and I loved their downtown scene with there bar-restaurant options.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:27 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,401,948 times
Odd set of questions to ask, but I'd say:

Best ballpark: Chicago (Wrigley)
Best pizza: Chicago or St. Louis, depending on which style you prefer.
Architecture: They all have good architecture
Hot dogs: I love a Chicago dog, so I guess Chicago?
Beer: For craft beer, I'd say Chicago. It'd got a ton of craft breweries, with more opening all the time. St. Louis isn't bad though (I quite like Schlafly).
Whiskey and Clubs: I'd have no idea
Neighborhoods: Chicago and Philadelphia have pretty strong neighborhood identities, and both have very desirable neighborhoods on the national scale about which many people know.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:58 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,931,071 times
Best Ballpark- Baltimore for just the ballpark itself. Most new baseball stadiums are based on its design.

Pizza-Still say Philly, sorry Chicago.

Architecture-Philly but Chicago for skyscrapers

Hotdog- Chicago?

Beer- Philly or Chicago

Whiskey and Clubs- Chicago?

Neighborhoods- Philadelphia

Old 08-14-2015, 12:06 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,187,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Best Ballpark- Baltimore for just the ballpark itself. Most new baseball stadiums are based on its design.

Pizza-Still say Philly, sorry Chicago.

Architecture-Philly but Chicago for skyscrapers

Hotdog- Chicago?

Beer- Philly or Chicago

Whiskey and Clubs- Chicago?

Neighborhoods- Philadelphia
Agreed. When it comes to regular style pizza (neopolitan), Philly has better pizza then Chicago. However, I haven't tried Chicago deep dish but it would have to blow my socks off to put Chicago higher than Philly.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:40 PM

4,675 posts, read 7,401,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
Agreed. When it comes to regular style pizza (neopolitan), Philly has better pizza then Chicago. However, I haven't tried Chicago deep dish but it would have to blow my socks off to put Chicago higher than Philly.
There are actually tons of places in Chicago that serve multiple types of pizza, including Neapolitan style. It just happens to be that Chicago also has, and is known for, deep dish. There's even a Chicago-style thin crust that is popular.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:39 PM

574 posts, read 689,248 times
Baseball Park - all are great but slight edge to Baltimore
Architecture - For downtown its Chicago, fore nabes its Philly (all of the cities have good architecture)
Pizza - Chicago
Hot dogs - Chicago
Beer - not a beer drinker but it feels like St Louis is the right choice here
Whiskey- ?
clubs - ? Although Chicago has a great bar scene and so does the other cities
Nabes - torn between Chicago and Philly. I would say its a tie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City