Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Philadelphia vs. Seattle
Philadelphia 79 50.00%
Seattle 79 50.00%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 01:34 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,511,932 times

Advertisements

I don't know why we were even debating sports though. It isn't that close honestly. All I was getting at is that not all Eagles fan's are bullies beating people up. Any contest between NFC East teams is a highly emotional affair for each respected fan base. So.. to set this thread straight (and turn the page again) here is a video of Nirvana playing at JC Dobbs a couple weeks after their first CD came out and they weren't famous yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eXVdfCXDZE

JC Dobbs is closed now, but in it's heyday in the 80s'/90s' it saw the likes of Nirvana, Rage against the Machine, Pearl Jam, Oasis, Green Day, and many others who were not famous yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 01:37 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
^^ Or the famous Even Flow video with the crowd jumping at the TLA on South Street

Old 04-13-2016, 02:09 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,393,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
90% of Cowboy's fans in the Philly area are straight up white trash. They go there looking for trouble. Not excusing the crap Eagles fans as their are definitely some morons. At the game you were at:

it is worth noting you can find plenty of videos of fans from most teams acting like the awful people they are.
Lol.

Old 04-13-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
Lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAK9...&nohtml5=False

Old 04-13-2016, 02:22 PM

1,285 posts, read 1,393,839 times
49er fans getting beat up in their own hometown by Giants fans after trying to fight a Steelers fan.

Old 04-13-2016, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyg2014 View Post
49er fans getting beat up in their own hometown by Giants fans after trying to fight a Steelers fan.
We could focus on positives lol..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbXJ...&nohtml5=False

Old 04-13-2016, 11:19 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,689,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
The absolute worst fans imo, particularly the Eagle fans. Experienced them first hand. The most recent, the Cowboys - Eagles game in September 2015. Cursing, fighting, throwing things. Even throwing things at the players, coaches and refs as they went to the locker rooms at halftime. Many Cowboys fans were in attendance. Couldn't even concentrate on the game with Eagle fans harassing people. Near our group they weren't even paying attention to the game. Just busy being ugly and harrassig people. Even security had to intervene. This is not passion. And we know their reputation through the years.
Oh please... this is complete BS and you know it. I've been to well over 40 games at this point between the Phillies, Eagles, Sixers and Flyers and sure, I've seen fans giving people a hard time, but never to the extent you are describing.

Either way, Philly fans are really no worse than many other fans including Dallas, Pittsburgh, Oakland, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, NYC, Baltimore, Seattle, etc. etc. Really are bad fans everywhere. And you can find examples everywhere through Google or YouTube. This is a stereotype that Philly fans are some weird, extra-bad fans... but they're really not. It's just a rumor that you, and others, continue to perpetuate.

Old 04-13-2016, 11:38 PM

313 posts, read 336,508 times
I was at that game and DID NOT WITNESS any of those things . Maybe it was just you seeing what you wanted to see .

Old 04-13-2016, 11:44 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,341,528 times
Has anyone ever died or been permanently brain damaged after a fight with Philly fans? SF Giants fans killed a Dodgers fan and Dodgers fans put a Giants fan in a coma.

Old 04-14-2016, 12:04 AM

8,700 posts, read 14,689,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Has anyone ever died or been permanently brain damaged after a fight with Philly fans? SF Giants fans killed a Dodgers fan and Dodgers fans put a Giants fan in a coma.
There was also a San Francisco 49s fan that killed an New Orleans Saints (?) fan a few years back... and a Lakers fan killed another fan in LA a few years back... and I believe a Miami Heat fan did as well. This **** happens all the time, it's not just Philadelphia fans. It's nothing but a perpetuated stereotype.

I don't know if anyone in Philly has died over fan nonsense honestly. Plenty of fist fights but no deaths that I can think of off of the top of my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City