Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tucson, AZ vs. San Antonio, TX
Tucson, AZ 17 35.42%
San Antonio, TX 31 64.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 09:55 PM

200 posts, read 391,839 times

Advertisements

In terms of entertainment, culture, making friends, niceness/rudeness of people, food lovers, scenery, everything pretty much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 04:43 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,427,155 times
San Antonio is over 2x the size of Tucson, so you'll probably have more amenities and culture there. Not idea about friendliness of people or food, but both were good in my eyes in San Anton.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:07 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanRam View Post
San Antonio is over 2x the size of Tucson, so you'll probably have more amenities and culture there. Not idea about friendliness of people or food, but both were good in my eyes in San Anton.
That's what I was thinking, it isn't a good comparison.

Tucson is a great "big small town" if that's what you are looking for.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
That's what I was thinking, it isn't a good comparison.

Tucson is a great "big small town" if that's what you are looking for.
Here is why I'm asking. I know that my previous posts, I was just comparing cities for fun, but now this is serious. I might do a nondegree at U of A in Tucson. But then there is a chance I might get admitted into a school in San Antonio. I really like Arizona a lot, but if I get admitted into a school in San Antonio as a full student, then obviously, I'll go there. But what is happening is now, I'm starting to get super attached to Tucson. I've been to San Antonio and honestly, it seems like an exact duplicate of El Paso. Spanish everywhere, a huge hispanic population, and not that clean. My family is telling me San Antonio is better than Tucson. But idk. I want to hear it from those who lived in both Tucson and San Antonio. Tucson from what I've see does not have a big Hispanic population. But then again, I have not spent enough time in Tucson. So it might, it might not.

Old 05-04-2016, 08:27 PM

594 posts, read 698,211 times
I'm pro Arizona in EVERYTHING....but you're out of line comparing Tucson to San Antonio. As a matter of fact, you severely need to be put in your place. San Antonio
is nationally and internationally recognized as a Alpha city in these United States of America.......On behalf of the citizens of the illustrious state of Arizona, I
immediately apologize to the great state of Texas and it's gem San Antonio for
this gross error of miscalculation from this poster.

That being said......Tucson is better than San Antonio.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:55 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,469,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirportFan View Post
Here is why I'm asking. I know that my previous posts, I was just comparing cities for fun, but now this is serious. I might do a nondegree at U of A in Tucson. But then there is a chance I might get admitted into a school in San Antonio. I really like Arizona a lot, but if I get admitted into a school in San Antonio as a full student, then obviously, I'll go there. But what is happening is now, I'm starting to get super attached to Tucson. I've been to San Antonio and honestly, it seems like an exact duplicate of El Paso. Spanish everywhere, a huge hispanic population, and not that clean. My family is telling me San Antonio is better than Tucson. But idk. I want to hear it from those who lived in both Tucson and San Antonio. Tucson from what I've see does not have a big Hispanic population. But then again, I have not spent enough time in Tucson. So it might, it might not.
I personally can't stand Tucson, and would live in SA any day of the week over the dirty T lol(it's a nickname my friends call Tucson). Some people seem to like Tucson though, and if you are living in or by the university you should be fine. Tucson also has some beautiful nature that surrounds the city and it has some nice ares. Tucson has a HUGE Hispanic population (well maybe not compared to Texas terms). The city of Tucson is 41 percent Hispanic, 47 percent white, and 5 percent black. It's obviously not as big as the hispanic population in San Antonio but it's noticeable. It seems like you want to stick with the desert/"south west", have you ever taken Phoenix metro into consideration?

Old 05-04-2016, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
I personally can't stand Tucson, and would live in SA any day of the week over the dirty T lol(it's a nickname my friends call Tucson). Some people seem to like Tucson though, and if you are living in or by the university you should be fine. Tucson also has some beautiful nature that surrounds the city and it has some nice ares. Tucson has a HUGE Hispanic population (well maybe not compared to Texas terms). The city of Tucson is 41 percent Hispanic, 47 percent white, and 5 percent black. It's obviously not as big as the hispanic population in San Antonio but it's noticeable. It seems like you want to stick with the desert/"south west", have you ever taken Phoenix metro into consideration?
I love Phoenix a lot, but I did not get accepted into ASU. That was my first choice.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:52 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,469,704 times
Quote:
I love Phoenix a lot, but I did not get accepted into ASU. That was my first choice.
Gotcha, well, as I said some people really like Tucson. No offense but it is a hell of a lot better than El paso, and it seems like you enjoy Tucson, it's a very quick drive to Phoenix so you will be close in proximity to the city nonetheless.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm not a cookie View Post
Gotcha, well, as I said some people really like Tucson. No offense but it is a hell of a lot better than El paso, and it seems like you enjoy Tucson, it's a very quick drive to Phoenix so you will be close in proximity to the city nonetheless.
Oh yes, Tucson is far better than El Paso. El Paso is such a hell hole full of construction and rude NYC style people. Also the city is not great. I'm literally counting down the days until I move away from this hell hole. What will suck is that I have to go back to visit my family. I hope they move away too. They are planning to in the future because they hate it too. But El Paso is not as bad as Shreveport or Amarillo, which is good.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:28 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,959,480 times
Quote:
In terms of entertainment, culture, making friends, niceness/rudeness of people, food lovers, scenery, everything pretty much.
Entertainment: San Antonio.
Culture: tie.
Making friends: no idea.
Niceness/rudeness: Tucson seemed much, much friendlier.
Food scene: tough one, but Id say San An gets a VERY SLIGHT nod.
Scenery: Tucson, not even close. San An scenery is fugly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City