Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Atlanta or San Diego?
Atlanta 121 51.05%
San Diego 116 48.95%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 03:37 PM

6,562 posts, read 12,057,994 times

Advertisements

You know the drill. Which city would you rather live in? I think San Diego will win by a huge margin, but you know which one I'll vote for. Both cities have their pros an cons:

ATLANTA:
pros - low cost of living, southern culture and charm, healthy economy/plentiful jobs, good schools, good churches, exciting changes in weather, large airport hub which makes it easy to travel from and to, attractive females, plenty of activities, good BBQ/southern food, pine trees

cons - high crime rate, traffic, weather can get hot and humid in summer, pollen

SAN DIEGO:
pros - low crime rate, beaches, decent economy (though struggling through the late 00's), comfortable temperatures, attractive females, plenty of activities, good mexican food, palm trees

cons - high cost of living, traffic, weather (can get boring and dryness brings fire danger), some people can be stuck-up (more so than Atlanta due to demographics difference)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 03:46 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,353,364 times
SD isn't even that expensive.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:47 PM

1,008 posts, read 4,026,866 times
San Diego (my home) Very nice and beautiful. Best Weather around. Low crime, but you can get killed anywhere. The only issue and it's a BIG issue is cost of living (mainly housing) $$$$$$$$

Atlanta- High crime, mean police, republican state/city, intense heat/humidity and a lot of poverty. I would take San Diego over Atlanta but honestly you can do much better than either of the two cities.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
SD isn't even that expensive.
Yes, it is. Anywhere in California you need to have $$$$$ unless you're in the middle of nowhere. Real Estate is high and continues to rise at unprecedent levels.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:16 PM

147 posts, read 690,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernova7 View Post
Yes, it is. Anywhere in California you need to have $$$$$ unless you're in the middle of nowhere. Real Estate is high and continues to rise at unprecedent levels.
thats why not to move to there
a 4 bedroom house there would buy you a mansion in other states.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:37 PM

718 posts, read 2,689,094 times
i think this is funny, you site the weather as san diego's cons. Except san diego has just about the most PERFECT weather in the country hands down. The area's you are talking about in the desert are far off distant suburbs like santee or escondido.

Old 08-05-2007, 04:59 PM

6,562 posts, read 12,057,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatealoneskatetogether View Post
i think this is funny, you site the weather as san diego's cons. Except san diego has just about the most PERFECT weather in the country hands down. The area's you are talking about in the desert are far off distant suburbs like santee or escondido.
Actually, I sited the weather as both pros and cons. Under pros, I put comfortable temepratures, which I should have put in parenthesis next to the word "weather" for clarity. But the "perfect" weather has it's downside, for me anyways, like monotony and having to worry about fires due to the lack of rain.

Also, for Supernova7, actually Atlanta is a predominantly Democrat city, even though Georgia as a whole is Republican. On the other hand, San Diego is a predominantly Republican city in a Democrat state.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:19 PM

22 posts, read 112,264 times
If San Diego had a little wetter climate Id like it much better. I just dont like the brown, dry look of its surroundings.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Actually, I sited the weather as both pros and cons. Under pros, I put comfortable temepratures, which I should have put in parenthesis next to the word "weather" for clarity. But the "perfect" weather has it's downside, for me anyways, like monotony and having to worry about fires due to the lack of rain.

Also, for Supernova7, actually Atlanta is a predominantly Democrat city, even though Georgia as a whole is Republican. On the other hand, San Diego is a predominantly Republican city in a Democrat state.

Well, I guess it's about perception as opposed to popular stereotype. In my opinion and others I've spoken with feel that Atlanta is very conservative, even though the city may tolerate select behaviors. I never found San Diego to be Republican dominated, that's news to me as it's my home. None of my neighbors/co-workers are Republicans.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:39 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,393,007 times
San Diego pros: weather, ocean, proximity to skiing (compared to Atlanta)
cons: expense; traffic
Atlanta: pros: affordable
cons: traffic, weather, run-down areas, no hills, it's in the South (nuff said)

I'd only pick Atlanta if I were black and single. Otherwise it is no contest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City