Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is the best?
Duluth 9 18.37%
Toronto 17 34.69%
Colorado Springs 15 30.61%
Providence 8 16.33%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 11:20 AM

1,669 posts, read 4,242,327 times

Advertisements

Yeah, cottage country starts about an hour North of the city. Not far at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 09:46 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,727,313 times
I've only been to Toronto and Providence on this list, but I would imagine that Toronto would win every category.

However, since I also realize that this thread was apparently posted by a Toronto booster who's butthurt because we don't praise Toronto in every thread, I'll vote Providence. If everyone in Toronto is as insecure about his own city as the OP, then Toronto isn't a place I'd like to live.

Old 01-26-2017, 04:27 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,040,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
I've only been to Toronto and Providence on this list, but I would imagine that Toronto would win every category.

However, since I also realize that this thread was apparently posted by a Toronto booster who's butthurt because we don't praise Toronto in every thread, I'll vote Providence. If everyone in Toronto is as insecure about his own city as the OP, then Toronto isn't a place I'd like to live.
I wouldn't be too concerned. It only manifests itself on forums like this where the relative merits of cities are discussed.

In real life, Torontonians in Toronto are totally cool big city people to be around and very pleasant for the most part.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:00 AM

2,272 posts, read 2,221,929 times
Yeah you shouldn't let C-D posters influence your view of a city negatively. If I did that, then I'd hate every city! Even my own. The worst posters I have ever seen by far were in my own home city forum.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:04 AM

2,829 posts, read 3,175,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acajack View Post
i wouldn't be too concerned. It only manifests itself on forums like this where the relative merits of cities are discussed.

In real life, torontonians in toronto are totally cool big city people to be around and very pleasant for the most part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by that_one_guy View Post
yeah you shouldn't let c-d posters influence your view of a city negatively. If i did that, then i'd hate every city! Even my own. The worst posters i have ever seen by far were in my own home city forum.
+1

Old 01-26-2017, 09:22 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,244,032 times
Quote:

OMG, I just thought I'd take a read of what is being said in this thread. Seeing Torontonians posting and curious how boastful over much smaller cities they might be and see THIS post and ROTF. NEED I READ FURTHER NO. LOL

I have no comment on these other cities as I am not familiar with them. But apparently ALL see what Toronto boasters do in threads as YOUR comment to them PROVES. IT AGAIN.

This bunch don't even post in the Toronto forums unless another city is vs then. Had to rep you too, on this oooh soooooo true post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I wouldn't be too concerned. It only manifests itself on forums like this where the relative merits of cities are discussed.
In real life, Torontonians in Toronto are totally cool big city people to be around and very pleasant for the most part.
This is probably true. But you surely know how some Torontonians get in ANY non-praising and high-5s to Toronto others get. It becomes a brag-ga-do-tious fest. Really these other cities are so much smaller for this STAMPEDE of Torontonians.

Old 01-26-2017, 09:39 AM

2,829 posts, read 3,175,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
OMG, I just thought I'd take a read of what is being said in this thread. Seeing Torontonians posting and curious how boastful over much smaller cities they might be and see THIS post and ROTF. NEED I READ FURTHER NO. LOL

I have no comment on these other cities as I am not familiar with them. But apparently ALL see what Toronto boasters do in threads as YOUR comment to them PROVES. IT AGAIN.

But you surely know how some Torontonians get in ANY non-praising and high-5s to Toronto others get. It becomes a brag-ga-do-tious fest.
So far, aside from the bad grammar, you are the only person on this thread who keeps repeating again, again, and again how Torontonians are boastful and boosters of their own city. Grow a pair and get a grip.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:02 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,244,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
So far, aside from the bad grammar, you are the only person on this thread who keeps repeating again, again, and again how Torontonians are boastful and boosters of their own city. Grow a pair and get a grip.
Did you not read the poster I quoted? So here it is again.
Quote:

Directed at the OP for such a lopsided group of cities. Calling him a Toronto booster not boasted yes. Then adds ----> "Torontonians are boastful and boosters of their own city. Grow a pair and get a grip". The point was to the OP mainly yes. But the in general opinion clearly as "acajack" felt a good response in general was-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post

I would think you agree? As I have no reason not to. Some posters are far less so? With More, most, better, and superior? In calling things in Canadian (but specifically Toronto) vs. US and its cities threads. That get boasted about.

That thread just being the first I read. Gained my response merely on it.

Old 01-26-2017, 05:31 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,820,228 times
Lol, Toronto at 35.48%. I guess OP now has to start another thread to whine incessantly about how Americans don't care about Toronto.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:04 PM

969 posts, read 2,073,921 times
Toronto just annihilated in this epic battle of titans. I'll have to check out this part of OH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City