Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city do you prefer
Denver 34 79.07%
San Jose 9 20.93%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 10:51 AM

923 posts, read 664,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Denver vs San Jose: which is the better city?

Criteria:

1. Population
2. Diversity
3. Industry(Fortune 500)
4. Weather
5. Shopping
6. Downtown
7. Transportation
8. Wealth
9. Sport stadium/arenas
10.Airport
Denver all day over San Jose.
San Jose has more wealth,industry and economy but id pick Denver for all other of those topics

Old 06-28-2018, 10:55 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
Denver all day over San Jose.
San Jose has more wealth,industry and economy but id pick Denver for all other of those topics
Even weather and diversity?

I think what makes me like Denver more is basically downtown San Jose and its surrounding neighborhoods are sort of a bore in comparison. It's certainly not the worst downtown I've been in, but all that money pouring in and diverse population, great weather for walking year round, et al, doesn't seem to have made its way into interesting nightlife, civic institutions, interesting commercial districts, etc. yet.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:09 AM

923 posts, read 664,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Even weather and diversity?

I think what makes me like Denver more is basically downtown San Jose and its surrounding neighborhoods are sort of a bore in comparison. It's certainly not the worst downtown I've been in, but all that money pouring in and diverse population, great weather for walking year round, et al, doesn't seem to have made its way into interesting nightlife, civic institutions, interesting commercial districts, etc. yet.
i missed the weather so not that but diversity is about the same to me but give the slight edge to Denver. Things like class, sexual orientation, are some reasons..I have to admit only been to the San Jose once and that was 8 years ago.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Be Proud View Post
i missed the weather so not that but diversity is about the same to me but give the slight edge to Denver. Things like class, sexual orientation, are some reasons..I have to admit only been to the San Jose once and that was 8 years ago.
Oh, that's cool. I don't think it's really that much worth a visit unless you were going to do a campus tour of some company you were nerding out about. If you're going to the Bay Area on a visit, definitely the nature around it, SF itself, and the actual coastal parts makes a lot more sense.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:33 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
If you're not into traveling around North America, then that's fine, but it sort of depends on the person. Denver does have a lot of flights out and that is a bonus.
True.

Quote:
Having SFO and OAK in commuting vicinity to San Jose is also a bonus, even if those are a bit further out for someone living in San Jose.
I found this very interesting...
Downtown Denver to Denver International Airport: 25 miles

Santa Clara county line to San Francisco International Airport: 18 miles

Quote:
Let's also add points to Denver's airport for having some of the most head-scratchingly weird artwork of maybe any US airport.
I like Denver's airport, like the building and all that, and the curbside always seems far less frantic and busy compared to SFO despite having more passengers, I guess that's due to the fact that most passengers are flying through Denver and dont leave the airport whereas SFO is more the opposite, people actually flying to and from there so its much busier at curbside.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
True.

I like Denver's airport, like the building and all that, and the curbside always seems far less frantic and busy compared to SFO despite having more passengers, I guess that's due to the fact that most passengers are flying through Denver and dont leave the airport whereas SFO is more the opposite, people actually flying to and from there so its much busier at curbside.
C’mon, buddy, you know better than that. An apples to apples comparison isn’t even that bad in this case, you don’t need to fudge it.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
C’mon, buddy, you know better than that.
What are you talking about?

Old 06-28-2018, 11:48 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,397,813 times
Quote:
True.

Why would you compare the Santa Clara county line to Downtown Denver?

Old 06-28-2018, 11:56 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Quote:

So we're just going to pretend that Downtown San Jose to SFO isn't 39 Miles? DIA to Golden (All the way on the western side of the metro) is only 34 Miles from the airport as well. There are many parts of Denver that are much closer than 25 Miles to the airport. Not to mention that the Airport is still part of the city of Denver.

Quote:
That still doesn't negate the fact that Denver is indeed the busier airport with more passenger traffic. On any given day DIA has more people going through than SFO. Whether they're connecting or visiting.

Old 06-28-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
C’mon, buddy, you know better than that. An apples to apples comparison isn’t even that bad in this case, you don’t need to fudge it.
fudge what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter
That still doesn't negate the fact that Denver is indeed the busier airport with more passenger traffic. On any given day DIA has more people going through than SFO. Whether they're connecting or visiting.
lol Denver does not have more people flying to and from there than SFO, which is 4th in O&D passengers after LAX, JFK and LAS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City