Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 07:09 PM

17,245 posts, read 15,446,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Recent pic of Midtown.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuYiXzpAt7G/

Midtown is definitely the most residential of the three. Nashville is the most touristy. Charlotte is the most corporate.
Awesome picture. And to think it's missing a few blocks in the forefront, including the tallest building in the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 08:53 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,836,793 times
Quote:
Recent pic of Midtown.

Midtown is definitely the most residential of the three. Nashville is the most touristy. Charlotte is the most corporate.

Wow, Atlanta is really flat. That explains why the area gets so many tornadoes.. I didn't realized that.. I like Nashville's location in the hills the best of the three cities.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:31 PM

37,897 posts, read 42,015,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Wow, Atlanta is really flat. That explains why the area gets so many tornadoes.. I didn't realized that.. I like Nashville's location in the hills the best of the three cities.
Atlanta isn't really hilly like Cincinnati or Pittsburgh, but it certainly is not "really flat." It's in the Piedmont where the coastal plain gives way to the mountains and is characterized by rolling hills. I can see that you've never been to Atlanta or at least driven around it. Heck, there are even 'little mountains' (monadnocks) scattered all across the metro area like Stone Mountain, Arabia and Bradley Mountains, Kennesaw Mountain (which is a ridge), etc.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:40 AM

3,167 posts, read 2,219,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I've never heard of Atlanta having a higher incidence of tornadoes than anywhere else in the Southeast, aside from the truly mountainous areas where they are less frequent. All three of these cities have rather similar rolling, hilly topography and would never by mistaken for Houston or Miami.

Nashville arguably does have the most naturally picturesque urban core, as Atlanta and Charlotte lack a downtown riverfront - but both have semi-major rivers in their suburban areas (the Chattahoochee and Catawba).

Old 03-08-2019, 02:47 PM

126 posts, read 143,210 times
Quote:
Recent pic of Midtown.

Nashville has downtown condo/apartment buildings either built, being built, or scheduled to be built coming out of the woodwork.

Downtown Nashville has AT&T, Bridgestone, UBS, Phillips, LifeWay, HCA, and a host of others as well as soon to be AllianceBernstein, Amazon, Oracle, etc.

Just some information in case someone buys into the tourist only meme.

Last edited by QuinnMill; 03-08-2019 at 03:03 PM..

Old 03-08-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuinnMill View Post
Nashville has downtown condo/apartment buildings either built, being built, or scheduled to be built coming out of the woodwork.

Downtown Nashville has AT&T, Bridgestone, UBS, Phillips, LifeWay, HCA, and a host of others as well as soon to be AllianceBernstein, Amazon, Oracle, etc.
The post was about the MOST. MOST residential, MOST touristy, and MOST corporate. It's not saying there aren't condos in Nashville.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:59 PM

126 posts, read 143,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Once 2021 or 2022 comes around for Nashville, downtown will be much more established and less "construction everywhere."

Also, Nashville really needs to get it moving with the public transportation piece. Until that is in place, it will be a 2nd rate city, unfortunately, and not on the level of the Denver's, Charlotte's and Portland's of the world.

How do you know that there won't be "construction everywhere" in '21 or '22?

As for "established", I don't know what that's supposed to mean.

If transit was really important people, corporations, and developers wouldn't be coming to Nashville in droves. Outside of internet forums no one cares about waiting and riding on public transportation choo choo trains.

Old 03-08-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:

If transit was really important people, corporations, and developers wouldn't be coming to Nashville in droves. Outside of internet forums no one cares about waiting and riding on public transportation choo choo trains.

Old 03-08-2019, 04:18 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,758,666 times
Quote:

This is utter hyperbole. Nashville is growing well but let's not get ahead of ourselves. I think most cities consider public transit important. I am certain you and a few others would be the very first to boost Nashville if it ever got a real transit system. It doesn't mean Nashville is a weak city, but it's transit system is pitiful even compared to Atlanta and Charlotte, and that is a fact.

Old 03-08-2019, 04:28 PM

592 posts, read 593,315 times
Quote:

Speak for yourself. Myself and a lot of other Nashville natives would disagree with you on the need for transit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City