Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Top City Where Wealthy African Americans Can Easily Integrate Into Elite White Society
New York 8 10.00%
Washington, DC 20 25.00%
Los Angeles 12 15.00%
Atlanta 25 31.25%
Chicago 0 0%
Houston 5 6.25%
Miami 2 2.50%
Philadelphia 4 5.00%
Baltimore 1 1.25%
Memphis 3 3.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 08:48 AM

51 posts, read 49,166 times

Advertisements

I don't think whites hate blacks because they're black, I think they are cautious around them, because their community as a whole is poor, and the high crime rate per capita is a by-product of poverty, in fact whites treat blacks better than poor whites, but a middle class black person in America is equal to a poor white person in most metrics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 08:51 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
You would be surprised how insular the elite community of New York City remains, even in 2019. And I am talking about super wealthy people ($25M net worth++). There are still a lot of undertones toward many groups of people.

I think the long standing elite communities in older cities (NYC, Boston, Philly, Chicago) tend to be a little less welcoming than LA, San Fran, Atlanta. DC is a mixed bag since the political spectrum reaches far and wide.
The story of Donald Trump’s life, prior to the year 2000, is trying to break into NYC’s elite society, and failing.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:02 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Denver. With a black population under 10%, they've had two black mayors. There is little overt racism here, though I'm not naive enough to say there's none.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:25 AM

11,085 posts, read 7,149,943 times
Trying to understand why upperly-mobile blacks would want to rub shoulders with "elite" whites. Surely such blacks have more sense, taste, and class than that. Maybe they want to renounce their race and heritage? Very weird.

Old 01-25-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Trying to understand why upperly-mobile blacks would want to rub shoulders with "elite" whites. Surely such blacks have more sense, taste, and class than that. Maybe they want to renounce their race and heritage? Very weird.
My understanding elite wealthy blacks have always been around rich whites, also there's a class of black people with lighter skin who believe they're better than darker skin black people, because they have more European ancestry, they have an organization called the Boule that grooms black men, which means Councillor to the king

they have a group called Jack and Jill , which was created to train rich black kids how to conduct themselves around rich whites, also grooms black kids to often only marry light skin blacks with money, or marry whites with money

Old 01-25-2019, 10:11 AM

9,379 posts, read 9,331,923 times
Quote:
Your judgmental statement is no different than white people thinking the reverse. Very sad that this attitude still lingers on both sides.

That being said there is certainly an elite white and black population (not sure why you wrote "elite"), but the fact of the matter is that many of this countries wealthiest politicians, business people, philanthropists, etc. are white, so those are the people you have to rub shoulders with if you want to a part of that society.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Your judgmental statement is no different than white people thinking the reverse. Very sad that this attitude still lingers on both sides.

That being said there is certainly an elite white and black population (not sure why you wrote "elite"), but the fact of the matter is that many of this countries wealthiest politicians, business people, philanthropists, etc. are white, so those are the people you have to rub shoulders with if you want to a part of that society.
He seems to believe integration = self hate

He seems to believe segregation = self love

Old 01-25-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Your judgmental statement is no different than white people thinking the reverse
On the contrary. As a white person, I enjoy interfacing with blacks of all status.

It's the damnable and typically powerful whites who can't stop causing trouble, hence the desire to stay away from their type. The idea that blacks would sell their souls as such is unfathomable. I've thankfully never seen that.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
On the contrary. As a white person, I enjoy interfacing with blacks of all status. It's the damnable whites that can't stop causing trouble, hence staying away from their type.
I disagree, rich whites are good people, we live in a capitalist society, the only race that matters is green

Old 01-25-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGreggs55 View Post
we live in a capitalist society, the only race that matters is green
Green is all that matters huh? What's that green going to mean to you at the end of your life? Aiming for the "Richest Corpse in the Cemetery" award?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City